April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Shea Moisture - 100% Organic Shea Butter with Frankincense & Myrrh

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Tis4Tonya

I'm obsessed with this. Very very rich body butter for very dry skin. It's a thick consistency that you rub between your hands until it turns into almost an oil. I love it for winter when I'm really dry and itchy. It's easy to overdo this. You have to spread it but the results are so worth it! One use every few days in winter keeps my skin like silk. Amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion. It smells amazing! I use this with it's body wash counterpart and my skin has been so hydrated. I have two holy grail moisturizers and this is my drugstore love. My only gripe is the packaging. My Target only has it in a bottle and it's so thick it can be hard to get out. I will hunt for the tub version. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by ohiocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this company. I have an urge to go buy up the product before they either hike the price (because it is quality ingredients and it does hydrate) or for whatever reason they discontinue it. I have the driest skin on my body and this is wonderful for both body and hair. The smell is light and is my favorite but if you dislike it, there is a lotion (olive oil and green tea) with nearly no fragrance, just very fresh. I can't go wrong here. I've used all the moisturizers and its rare I come back to one more than twice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product on a whim to try. My skin (body) is super dry and only gets worst as the winter season approaches. This left my skin buttery soft. Having used super expensive shea butter products before I was expecting some great results and I got it. The scent is also phenomenal! However this product will not sink right into your skin. It leaves somewhat of a slightly tacky barrier. It doesn't bother me in the least but it might bother some who would prefer a more squeaky clean finish.

I would not recommend using this product if you don't have dry skin, it would just sit there. I didn't try this on my face like others have. I imagine it would clog my pores and be way too thick. My face is oily combo and acne prone.

Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by liked00dness

I'm 24. I have combination skin even on my body: dry in the morning, greasy by the end of the day, regardless of whether I used a moisturizer. I also have keratosis pilaris and acne on my upper back. Deep, painful cysts, whiteheads, inflamed patches. After trying AHAs, BHAs, scrubbing like mad, and every aggressive zit-killing product, I was left with a minefield on my back and rock bottom self esteem. With nothing left to lose, I decided to go the opposite route: gentle and natural.

HOLY CRAP was that the best thing I have ever done.

This route takes longer, but the results last. It took about a week to notice a difference in appearance, and months for it to completel clear, but it worked. I used an oil-based soap with a soft fabric mitt, and applied this as soon as I got out of the shower. Using rough exfolators and aggressive products kiled bacteria...but wreaked havoc on my actual skin. I still have a few scars, and the occasional zit here or there. I can deal with it. Any old shea butter will work, but make sure it is raw/unrefined to get the maximum healing benefits!

*******I STRONGLY recommend using individual oils/butters before a mixture. Lots of butters will combine diffrent oils, but not every oil goes with everyone's skin! Many people swear by argan oil, which did nothing for me, and cocoa butter, which gave me the worst acne of my life. So there's that. Try different things, always do a patch test, and don't give up! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Seems pretty ANYTHING I buy from this brand is outstanding and this product is no exception. This is a solid mass of raw shea butter that has some essential oils in it (it has kind of a "hippie" smell that I rather like). This is definitely the type of uber-rich product to use sparingly on super dry areas. Interestingly enough, right after I got this, I used it right away on some patches of dermatitis I have had around my ears and on my forehead for several months... and this cleared those patches up almost instanteously! This product is recommended as a healing and soothing agent and it has very much proven to be so. I plan on using this on my cuticles, elbow, and any other super dry patches that I have. I may even try a little in my hair.

**Love this for "scrunching out the crunch" after my hair dries with gel in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Took me a while to figure out what to do with this because I thought it was a jar of cream and when I found it to be a solid mass, I was like "well how does this go on?"
I love the smell of this stuff, and so I researched. You have to sort of carve or scrape a small portion out of the jar and rub it in your hands to melt it down before smoothing it on. I use this on my face at night, and its really helped to repair the damage done to my skin after a very aggressive acne cream treatment. I cant believe how long it took me to understand what a treasure this stuff is, but now that I know....I'm super glad I have it. Bought it on sale and while I will totally buy this again, it will likely be years until I have to, a little goes a long way with this amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by gumbo1956

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this lotion! I am also having a heck of a time finding it anywhere. I bought it at Target while on vacation in Alabama, but now that I am out, can't find it at any Targets in my area. I see online that Walgreens supposedly sells it, but not the one where I live (only a tiny section of hair products). I haven't found any place to buy it online either. I guess I will be stopping at lots of Walgreens and Targets anytime I travel until I find it again and then I'm going to buy all they have!

It has the most wonderful smell, with natural ingredents and is long-lasting to boot! It is very thick and hard to get out of the bottle, once you've used some of it. I have found that if I add some jojoba oil to the bottle when it gets low and hard to get out and then give it a good shake, that I can get most of the product out. Turning it upside down when not in use helps also.

Good stuff...give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All-purpose product with an amazing smell. I'll admit, that I love this product most for its smell. I keep it in my desk drawer to use on my dry hands and elbows and to manage frizz in my dryish hair.

Best of all, it is a solid, so you can take it on a flight without worrying about spilling, or limits on liquids.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I bought the one in the 13 oz bottle at Target for $9.

Its very very thick, moisturizing, natural lotion that smells great. I apply after my shower and the scent lasts and lasts. Mmmm. Love the fact there are no harsh chemicals and no traces or residues left behind after it absorbs into the skin.

The only con is that when its almost finished, its hell to get the rest out of the bottle. I feel Im being cheated out of an ounce. A pump would be beneficial in this case.
If you have dry skin like I do, its in your best interest to buy this product asap.