Desert Essence Shea Butter Shampoo

3.0

Not tested on animals

on 6/12/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I guess I'm in the minority here. I purchased both Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Shea Butter Shampoo. The Coconut one gets far higher reviews than the Shea Butter shampoo, both here and on other sites; however, it left my hair dried out and stiff. The Shea Butter shampoo left my hair much softer and shinier. It's a creamy, low-lathering shampoo, which I like; ingredients that produce lots of lather tend to dry and strip my hair. My hair and scalp felt very clean after rinsing out the shampoo. After air drying, my hair was in good shape--soft, shiny, with bouncy waves. Plus, it didn't cause any dandruff, which many shampoos do for me. This product didn't work any miracles, but it's a good solid choice for my sensitive scalp and dry hair.

on 4/1/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products that making it "new and improved" has ruined it. Had bought this shampoo two times and a bottle for my niece who bascially lives in a swimming pool and we loved it!! It cleaned without stripping. leaving our hair moisturised but not weighed down and really shiny with a healthy to the touch feeling. Not easy to do for hair that is soaked in pool chemicals daily. Now the "new and improved" version of this shampoo leaves our hair dried out, hard to detangle and flat. Please bring back the old version!

Popular Shampoos