October 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Skincare - Body - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Baby Oil Rub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this at Target, but have also seen it at Walgreens and other stores. In my area, it is about $8-10 per bottle. It is a thick, spreadable oil that takes a few minutes to absorb. However, it does absorb fully and leaves you soft, not greasy. You only need a small amount to moisturize your whole body. I think the smell is heavenly - a sweet, slightly resinous myrrh scent. Kind of a mellow, powder-amber-spice-like mix, if that makes any sense - myrrh is hard to describe! I have to say it was unquestionably the beautiful smell that drew me to this product. It is not like any other in the drugstore. It stays close to the body but I can still smell it on my skin (with nose to skin) a few hours later. Very natural and comforting; wam and sweet. I have to say that I would prefer a pump bottle, because when I snap the top closed, I tend to spray little oil drops that then drip down the sides of the bottle and cause oil to collect under it. Or maybe I should just be more careful! Anyway, I would recommend this stuff to anyone who would like a gorgeous smelling gem of a moisturizing oil to anoint their bod! And I hope like hell it doesn't get discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Found this for $6 at Target in the baby section and thought I'd give it a try. It is a light-medium oil that stays liquid and doesn't solidify when its cold. It contains a ton of different oils, and the bottle says "with Argan Oil & extracts of Frankincense & Myrrh, and the ingredients 2 different kinds of honeysuckle, but the scent is predominantly Myrrh with a touch of honeysuckle to my nose. The scent really isn't my favorite and the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. Regardless, the scent lingers for only about an hour and gets softer and ends up being very pleasant as it fades. Doesn't interfere with perfume at all. But what it does to my skin is so great that I can totally live with the short-lived scent. Comes in a push down/flip top 8 oz plastic bottle that is easily handled with one hand. At the end of my shower I rub this into my skin, and pat dry. It is totally non-greasy...even when I overdo it, absorbing quickly. It makes my skin so incredibly soft, moisturized for 24 hours, and over time (I'm on my third bottle), seems to have improved the texture. It just looks smoother and more even toned. My skin, especially my legs and back, get very dry, ashy, and prickly, even in summer and I haven't had one crazy itching spell since I started using this. Its definitely light enough for summer too and saves me a ton of time in the morning. Highly recommended.
INGREDIENTS: Sunflower Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Borage Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Vitamin E, Honeysuckle Flower and Japanese Honeysuckle Extract, Chamomile OIl, Frankincense Oil, and Myrrh Extract.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No