NYX Retractable Eye Liner (All)

3.8

on 3/18/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

When I applied it, it made my waterline really itchy.
The color isn't a dark black on the the eyelid.
Didn't last long on me.

on 3/14/2015 2:38:00 AM

I bought this liner in black and I really like it, alot of liners I have tried smudged and smeared on my eye lids but this doesn't at all. It's so creamy and easy to apply,stays on all day with no smudges. If you want a cheap high quality eye liner this is it.

on 1/13/2015 11:08:00 AM

Ran out of a brown eyeliner I didn't much care for and needed one quick. Grabbed this at CVS and glad I did. I purchased it in brown and really like the color. I often find brown eyeliners to be a very dark brown. This is just brown, not too light, not too dark. Compliments but medium brown eyes well. Looks awesome with any warm brown eye shadow. The liner doesn't have great staying power but its fairly inexpensive so what do you want. Glides well on the eye. I do wish the end kept a better point to it but that's the only real negative.

on 1/10/2015 8:51:00 PM

This review is for the 01 White. I don't use this very often as the formula is creamy smooth but it tends to glunk in my lower lash line when used on the waterline. It is a true white which I find ok in the winter when my skin is very pale (NC 10 - 15 ish) but in summer with a tan this eye liner just looks too stark on me. (I find NYX Jumbo pencil in Cottage Cheese a little more natural looking).

Just adding to this review: Purple, Pink and Silky Cashmere Retractable Eye Liners. Purple and Pink are gorgeous Upper and Lower lid liners and Silky Cashmere is great as a lower eyeliner. These three pencil shades glide on smoothly and do not glug up in the lash line like the white one does. Both the purple and pink look great with a natural, pink, mauve or purple eye look and set well and pop more when eye shadow in a similar shade or darker is applied over the top - stays in place all day.

on 1/8/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Smudges a lot - even the waterproof. Waste of money.

on 12/30/2014 4:57:00 PM

Worst eyeliner ever. It is hard to get on and flakes off very quickly. Literally had black flakes on my cheeks in a few hours. Never buying again.

on 10/31/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love these eyeliners. They were rated a "best" on Beautypeida. But...they are not great. The pigmentation is low even on the darkest black, the gray was patchy at best.

Most retractable eyeliners tend to be smooshy for lack of a better word. These, or at least the two I tried were dry and crumbled even when I only had the barest tip extened. There is no way to get a very fine point on them so only a thicker line is possible. Neither held well at all on my waterline and the black seemed to irritate my eyes. I had to keep going over the line to get a dark even coating. This created a lot of tugging on the eyelid. Not something someone my age really wants to do.

Generally I like NYX cosmetics but this eyeliner is not up to their usual standard of excellence for drug store products.

on 9/23/2014 11:07:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner. I was in need of a new brown one and grabbed this at CVS. The prices was great. Paid a little over $4. A lot more reasonable than the other liners for $8. The color is rich, it goes on smoothly, and it lasts all day. I rub my eyes a lot and this stuff barely budged. I would definitely buy again.

on 8/14/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to disagree with so many of you, but this is the worst eyeliner I've tried in a long while. It is very cheap, no doubt, but does not go on smoothly and tugs at my eyelids. The color is not pigmented enough for my tastes and goes on pretty patchy (not a consistent color payoff like Urban Decay or Clinique's eye liners). I have this in Deep Purple and won't be trying any more of these.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HOLY GRAIL of all time. At least for mechanical and eyeliner pencils alike. I have tried every brand (drugstore and high end alike) for a good waterline eyeliner that doesn't come off in 5 mins. I tried the urban decay 24/7 pencils, those were crap. I actually even tried the Stila brand of mechanical pencils and they were better than most but still didnt last more than 10 mins on my waterline. Then I found these little gems!!!! Oh. My. Gosh. I have never tried such a creamy, pigmented, and long lasting eyeliner pencil. What I do is take the eyeliner and I actually warm it up on the back of my hand for a few seconds and then put it on my waterline. It goes on so smoothly and is seriously SO pigmented. I wear contacts and my eyes water a lot so I was sort of worried about that. But nope! It stays on literally through everything. Even when I fall asleep with my eye make up on and I wake up, it:s still there! I have the White and Black and they are phenomenal. Go buy these!