NYX Retractable Eye Liner (All)

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are my favorite pencil liners in the whole world. The colors are exactly the color they say they'll be and the mechanical style is great. I have both white and black and use them for my waterline, black on top white on bottom, and they apply beautifully and stay on for hours. The white obviously fades more than darker colors would but it still gets good wear before touch ups are needed. The pencils are super soft and one swipe gives great pay off so when you're using on your waterline you don't irritate your eyes. For the price these are unbeatable.

I like how you don't have to sharpen it and the package is the same color as the product inside, but it doesn't draw in the water line whatsoever. I haven't tried this in black but I have 4 different colors that I expected more out of. It's pretty on the bottom lash line or maybe to use as an eye shadow base but doesn't last that long on me because I have oily eye lids. Overall I don't reach for them much. 👎🏻

This review is for the "White" liner, which was, unfortunately, terrible.

It applied crumble-y although it was pretty opaque. It absolutely did not want to stay on my waterline either. My search continues...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Worst eyeliner I've ever tried. It's not waterproof. It stays no longer than 30min. It smudges. After 30 minutes I'll have panda eyes because eyeliner goes to under eyes and eyelids while actually I put it in the inner lash lines. Definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Bronze and use it on my upper lash line. I have Auburn/Red hair and it's nearly a perfect match. This eyeliner is a "holy grail" item for me. It stays all day and doesn't transfer. Love it.

I bought the white one, and I had high hopes because it is waterproof. I need a good white eyeliner to put in my waterline, to enlarge my eyes. This seemed great at first, but after an hour half of it had come off and stuck to my top tight line. Maybe it's just because I have really slanted eyes and when I blink it causes too much friction? Anyway, my search continues.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using eyeshadow as liner with a really thin brush for so long I forgot what I was missing with a good eyeliner... that is bold and beautiful eyes! One day I decided to experiment with this type of liner and everyone noticed and said they loved my eye makeup. I used it in the darkest blue - and wow did it make my brown eyes pop and just look bigger (lining top and bottom with white liner in my waterline). Since then, I have purchased the Golden Olive (makes my eyes sparkle!) and the Gypsy Blue (with a name like that, how couldn't anyone NOT try it??) The formula is very creamy and applies easily. Since I am so fair and my eyes are on the smaller side, I stay away from black (which I had used before eons ago and made my eyes look even smaller and was way too harsh... so I stayed away from eyeliner for so long!) So for girls with smaller eyes try liners not in black with a bit of shimmer to them... it definitely worked for me! I also love the Exotic Plum by Palladio which is very similar to the Nyx liner.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is an ok eyeliner, it goes on smoothly, and is very nicely pigmented, but I won't repurchase because it doesn't stay on very long without creasing from my lash line into my crease. I have hooded eyelids and super oily lids, and this formula is just not good for that. I used WnW Fergie eye primer which should hold off any creasing but this eyeliner just has too much slip. It's easy to put on, the black is very pigmented. I have it in purple too.
I will keep using but I may have to go over it with a liquid or some type of fixative.
If you don't have very oily lids, it may be better for you.

$4.50 USD. I got this in white and am shocked at the quality. I use it to line the inner corners of the eyes to brighten, and it works like a dream. I normally hate pencil eyeliners, as they drag and won't line my eyes properly. However, this product glides on very smoothly. I love the retractable packaging, and it's study enough to carry around. Awesome buy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I initially got 1, in Aqua Green because I liked the teal, mermaid type color and shine. When I put it on my eyes, I immediately thought this was buttery, creamy, and so so easy to put on and smudge a bit. I wore it all day for work one day and got so many compliments. I just had that and mascara on! I had absolutely no smudging either, which is pretty impressive for my oily eyelids and watery eyes. Granted, I did not wear this on my waterline.

The next day Ulta came out with a sale for 40% off and I grabbed 2 more. Deep Blue and Gypsy Blue. Both just as creamy and smooth as the first. I'm so impressed with these eyeliners. The price is cheap, and if you catch them on sale for buy one get one 50% off, or 40% off, with the typical Ulta coupon of $3.50 off when you buy more than $10, it's such a great great deal.

Something that I found on Pinterest: For blue eyes, grab the deep blue and a silver eyeliner (I got the ScandalEyes from Rimmel) and place the deep blue as close to the lash line as possible, making a semi-thick line. Then, layer the silver right above the blue. The way these two eyeliners blended was pretty darn awesome, making almost a gradient type of effect upwards. This creates such a pretty look that makes blue eyes pop a bit. It's one of my go to looks for the summer now.

For a more bold look, grab the Aqua Green and place that down pretty thick on your lash line, then take a black liquid eyeliner and create a line as close to the lash line as possible right on top of the Aqua Green color. This creates such a statement that I also found on Pinterest that just works so great with this NYX eyeliner.

TL;DR: Great eyeliners, no smudging on my oily eyelids, smooth, buttery, only positives coming from me. Love them.