January 31, 2015 | 1659 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Retractable Eye Liner (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:08:00 AM More reviews by raebkeim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ran out of a brown eyeliner I didn't much care for and needed one quick. Grabbed this at CVS and glad I did. I purchased it in brown and really like the color. I often find brown eyeliners to be a very dark brown. This is just brown, not too light, not too dark. Compliments but medium brown eyes well. Looks awesome with any warm brown eye shadow. The liner doesn't have great staying power but its fairly inexpensive so what do you want. Glides well on the eye. I do wish the end kept a better point to it but that's the only real negative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the 01 White. I don't use this very often as the formula is creamy smooth but it tends to glunk in my lower lash line when used on the waterline. It is a true white which I find ok in the winter when my skin is very pale (NC 10 - 15 ish) but in summer with a tan this eye liner just looks too stark on me. (I find NYX Jumbo pencil in Cottage Cheese a little more natural looking).

Just adding to this review: Purple, Pink and Silky Cashmere Retractable Eye Liners. Purple and Pink are gorgeous Upper and Lower lid liners and Silky Cashmere is great as a lower eyeliner. These three pencil shades glide on smoothly and do not glug up in the lash line like the white one does. Both the purple and pink look great with a natural, pink, mauve or purple eye look and set well and pop more when eye shadow in a similar shade or darker is applied over the top - stays in place all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Dee949

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Smudges a lot - even the waterproof. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Melissa151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst eyeliner ever. It is hard to get on and flakes off very quickly. Literally had black flakes on my cheeks in a few hours. Never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love these eyeliners. They were rated a "best" on Beautypeida. But...they are not great. The pigmentation is low even on the darkest black, the gray was patchy at best.

Most retractable eyeliners tend to be smooshy for lack of a better word. These, or at least the two I tried were dry and crumbled even when I only had the barest tip extened. There is no way to get a very fine point on them so only a thicker line is possible. Neither held well at all on my waterline and the black seemed to irritate my eyes. I had to keep going over the line to get a dark even coating. This created a lot of tugging on the eyelid. Not something someone my age really wants to do.

Generally I like NYX cosmetics but this eyeliner is not up to their usual standard of excellence for drug store products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rach29

I really like this eyeliner. I was in need of a new brown one and grabbed this at CVS. The prices was great. Paid a little over $4. A lot more reasonable than the other liners for $8. The color is rich, it goes on smoothly, and it lasts all day. I rub my eyes a lot and this stuff barely budged. I would definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to disagree with so many of you, but this is the worst eyeliner I've tried in a long while. It is very cheap, no doubt, but does not go on smoothly and tugs at my eyelids. The color is not pigmented enough for my tastes and goes on pretty patchy (not a consistent color payoff like Urban Decay or Clinique's eye liners). I have this in Deep Purple and won't be trying any more of these.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HOLY GRAIL of all time. At least for mechanical and eyeliner pencils alike. I have tried every brand (drugstore and high end alike) for a good waterline eyeliner that doesn't come off in 5 mins. I tried the urban decay 24/7 pencils, those were crap. I actually even tried the Stila brand of mechanical pencils and they were better than most but still didnt last more than 10 mins on my waterline. Then I found these little gems!!!! Oh. My. Gosh. I have never tried such a creamy, pigmented, and long lasting eyeliner pencil. What I do is take the eyeliner and I actually warm it up on the back of my hand for a few seconds and then put it on my waterline. It goes on so smoothly and is seriously SO pigmented. I wear contacts and my eyes water a lot so I was sort of worried about that. But nope! It stays on literally through everything. Even when I fall asleep with my eye make up on and I wake up, it:s still there! I have the White and Black and they are phenomenal. Go buy these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought 2 of these during the 4th of July sale. I purchased the Violet and the MPE12 Pink/Rose and it is a dupe for Urban Decays Asphyxia! I am so happy because that is one of my favorite liners from UD and this is the same iridescent pink purple that I think goes amazing with green and blue eyes! I got it for like $2 something during the holiday sale and it works just as well too! I love that I don't have to sharpen it either. It has the same gel feel and set as UD and lasts almost as long. That is really good IMO and I will absolutely buy more of these. They are a fraction of the price of other HE ones and work just as well. These are excellent, great colours, awesome price, and some dupe action! Very happy girl over here:) Totally Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Vonne092

Nothing really exciting about this product, it is what it is. A great buy for price, I got white to line my water line and define under my eyes. Blends out well, lasts a reasonable time. Only reason I didn't rate higher was that nothing about this product really excited me. Just a good, creamy and pigmented affordable eyeliner.

Recommend.