NYX Retractable Eye Liner (All)

3.8

on 7/9/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is an ok eyeliner, it goes on smoothly, and is very nicely pigmented, but I won't repurchase because it doesn't stay on very long without creasing from my lash line into my crease. I have hooded eyelids and super oily lids, and this formula is just not good for that. I used WnW Fergie eye primer which should hold off any creasing but this eyeliner just has too much slip. It's easy to put on, the black is very pigmented. I have it in purple too.
I will keep using but I may have to go over it with a liquid or some type of fixative.
If you don't have very oily lids, it may be better for you.

on 7/7/2015 4:12:00 PM

$4.50 USD. I got this in white and am shocked at the quality. I use it to line the inner corners of the eyes to brighten, and it works like a dream. I normally hate pencil eyeliners, as they drag and won't line my eyes properly. However, this product glides on very smoothly. I love the retractable packaging, and it's study enough to carry around. Awesome buy!

on 7/5/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I initially got 1, in Aqua Green because I liked the teal, mermaid type color and shine. When I put it on my eyes, I immediately thought this was buttery, creamy, and so so easy to put on and smudge a bit. I wore it all day for work one day and got so many compliments. I just had that and mascara on! I had absolutely no smudging either, which is pretty impressive for my oily eyelids and watery eyes. Granted, I did not wear this on my waterline.

The next day Ulta came out with a sale for 40% off and I grabbed 2 more. Deep Blue and Gypsy Blue. Both just as creamy and smooth as the first. I'm so impressed with these eyeliners. The price is cheap, and if you catch them on sale for buy one get one 50% off, or 40% off, with the typical Ulta coupon of $3.50 off when you buy more than $10, it's such a great great deal.

Something that I found on Pinterest: For blue eyes, grab the deep blue and a silver eyeliner (I got the ScandalEyes from Rimmel) and place the deep blue as close to the lash line as possible, making a semi-thick line. Then, layer the silver right above the blue. The way these two eyeliners blended was pretty darn awesome, making almost a gradient type of effect upwards. This creates such a pretty look that makes blue eyes pop a bit. It's one of my go to looks for the summer now.

For a more bold look, grab the Aqua Green and place that down pretty thick on your lash line, then take a black liquid eyeliner and create a line as close to the lash line as possible right on top of the Aqua Green color. This creates such a statement that I also found on Pinterest that just works so great with this NYX eyeliner.

TL;DR: Great eyeliners, no smudging on my oily eyelids, smooth, buttery, only positives coming from me. Love them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm really surprised that there isn't more great reviews for this eyeliner.I rarely wear any eyeliners but this NYX Retractable Eyeliner is very good,I have it in the purple and it goes on pretty easily,the color shows well,and it stays on from the afternoon until I take it off with make up remover wipes late at night.

on 3/18/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

When I applied it, it made my waterline really itchy.
The color isn't a dark black on the the eyelid.
Didn't last long on me.

on 3/14/2015 2:38:00 AM

I bought this liner in black and I really like it, alot of liners I have tried smudged and smeared on my eye lids but this doesn't at all. It's so creamy and easy to apply,stays on all day with no smudges. If you want a cheap high quality eye liner this is it.

on 1/13/2015 11:08:00 AM

Ran out of a brown eyeliner I didn't much care for and needed one quick. Grabbed this at CVS and glad I did. I purchased it in brown and really like the color. I often find brown eyeliners to be a very dark brown. This is just brown, not too light, not too dark. Compliments but medium brown eyes well. Looks awesome with any warm brown eye shadow. The liner doesn't have great staying power but its fairly inexpensive so what do you want. Glides well on the eye. I do wish the end kept a better point to it but that's the only real negative.

on 1/10/2015 8:51:00 PM

This review is for the 01 White. I don't use this very often as the formula is creamy smooth but it tends to glunk in my lower lash line when used on the waterline. It is a true white which I find ok in the winter when my skin is very pale (NC 10 - 15 ish) but in summer with a tan this eye liner just looks too stark on me. (I find NYX Jumbo pencil in Cottage Cheese a little more natural looking).

Just adding to this review: Purple, Pink and Silky Cashmere Retractable Eye Liners. Purple and Pink are gorgeous Upper and Lower lid liners and Silky Cashmere is great as a lower eyeliner. These three pencil shades glide on smoothly and do not glug up in the lash line like the white one does. Both the purple and pink look great with a natural, pink, mauve or purple eye look and set well and pop more when eye shadow in a similar shade or darker is applied over the top - stays in place all day.

on 1/8/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Smudges a lot - even the waterproof. Waste of money.

on 12/30/2014 4:57:00 PM

Worst eyeliner ever. It is hard to get on and flakes off very quickly. Literally had black flakes on my cheeks in a few hours. Never buying again.