April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - retractable eye liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

My boyfriend bought me this :) I actually really like it. Note: I don't use primer and I don't have oily eyelids. I have the black one, which is nice, deep black. If you want a precise line, you might want to look elsewhere - this is soft and therefore somehow difficult to control, because it's powdery rather than waxy on application. It's really soft, and I like that it's retractable - no need to sharpen. I apply it on my upper lashline and a little above it, then use an angled brush to smudge it. On me, after it sets, it stay on for the whole day, without fading, which is actually a problem I've had with some other waterproof eyeliner :S I give it 5*, although it doesn't stick to the waterline. In any case, I've always had SOME problems with the waterproof eyeliners I've had (these all are very black and stay on well):

- NYX retractable doesn't stay on waterline, but is fast and easy to smudge out as I want, and stays on the whole day
- Art Deco waterproof stays pretty well on the water line, but has to be sharpened, sometimes leaving sharp edges and can be difficult to blend out because of the waxy formula
- L'Oreal 24H Super Liner Waterproof Gel stays on - stays on really well on the waterline too - is reasonably easy to "smudge" before it sets, but takes longer time to work with

So, yeah,there has always been some little problem with eyeliners, so I've given up looking for ONE that is perfect at everything - I just have 2 favourites: the NYX and L'Oreal one, and use them depending on which look I want. Soft and smudged for NYX, sharp and lined waterline with L'Oreal. Or more generally: the more powdery a liner is, the easier it is for me to smudge, the more waxy it is, the harder it is to smudge, but it's more precise in application and stays better on the waterline.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by eman00sherif

good product overall , mine in black and it is veery black :D
perfect for eyelid, smudging ,on lashes , but when using in waterline it fades quickly after 2 hours or so ... for me , i put some black eye shadow and it stays perfect.
packaging is ok does not waste any product but can be broken easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by nessdee

Applies easily and smudges well with a brush. I use it with MAC Painterly paint pot and it seems to stay on fine enough. I'm going to pick up a few of the funkier colors next time I'm at Target.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

These eyeliners are really pigmented and creamy but wear off so quick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have these eyeliners in two colors, Purple and Turquoise Blue.

The Purple liner is okay. For this one to work I have lightly smudge it into the lash line. I cannot get it to stick to the waterline at all. I'm not sure why as it's soft enough. It works well on the upper and lower lashes once smudged in, and it is waterproof. It's a medium shade of purple with a subtle frosty finish. I usually try to set this liner with a similar eyeshadow. If you like gray or medium brown liners and you want to try something a little different, I would recommend this liner. If you want a vibrant and pigmented purple, I'd recommend a gel liner instead.

The Turquoise Blue liner is really good. It sticks to the waterline and it looks great on the lashline without smudging it in. It's great for a cat eye flick. Also waterproof. This one has a noticeable shimmer and the color is very strong. If you're looking for a bold and bright turquoise liner, I would recommend this liner.

I haven't had any problems with either eyeliner transferring or smudging. I gave these liners 4 lipsticks, but Purple is more worthy of only 3.

EDIT: After wearing the Purple a few more times over long days, I am deducting a lipstick. The eyeliner dries up to the point of flaking off! I don't think I've ever had a pencil eyeliner dry up and flake off like a cheap liquid eyeliner. I would NOT recommend the Purple eyeliner. However, the Turquoise liner is still a pretty good liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The best eyeliner for the price and I would not spend more than a few dollars on eyeliner. It glides on easily, stays put and washes off with ease. I have it in the brown shade. I hope its never discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ThatDarnCass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually like this eyeliner a lot... I have it in brown as well as the green shade (I forget the name of it). I've typically stayed away from regular eyeliner pencils as I hate when it fades or smudges and I have to reapply it throughout the day. In the past, I've just stuck with liquid or eyeliner pens. For some reason, I decided to give this one a try. It's the first brand I've tried that lasts all day for me (from about 7:30am to 10pm or midnight) and typically it doesn't fade (and, I've never had trouble with it smudging either). I do apply this over the NYX high definition eye shadow primer (the one in the black tube) and eye shadow, which may be part of what helps it to last. When I apply it to my lower waterline, I do have to reapply that once during the day. But overall it's a good product for a good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Faith18

This is probably the worst eyeliner I've used so far it smears on me horribly and by the end of the day I literally have no eyeliner on its terrible I do not recommend to any one and I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

I'm fairly new to makeup and I guess this eyeliner isn't too bad. I got the bronze and black. The black is very opaque, pigmented, and matte. The bronze has a brown base with tiny copper glitter. I mainly use eyeliner to tightline and to line my upper waterline, and this works fairly good. You have to let it set for a couple seconds though, so don't blink too hard and try not to sneeze. The only problem I have with it is that when my eyes tear up from yawning, the outer corner lightly transfers to my water line. It stays on pretty well, doesn't really fade, and comes off easy. Definitely worth trying.

Update: I've come to figure out what this eyeliner is best for, tightlining or even the waterline, because of its staying power. For regular lining on the lid though, this is not creamy enough, so it's a bit more difficult for that purpose. Buy this for the inner rims, not for the lids, and you'll be satisfied. Still not a 5 because of the lack of versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by fennykiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this product as the price is cheap and the quality is great i have it in blue and green colour. i apply it in my lower eyes. it so creamy and easy to apply. also the colour is stay all day long. so i don't have to re-apply it. it becomes my favourite eyeliner,the packagung is retractable so i don't need to use pencil sharpener. and it have so many beautiful and atractivve colours such as blue and green.but be careful when u use it. it easy to broken. but i still love it.