April 18, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Boucheron - Jaipur Saphir

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Milelis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love it! Sophisticated, light and sort of airy, fluffy flower-oriental, smooth and sensual, mmm...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A sickening combination of powder, car air freshener and mold. I gave this to my mother after a few sprays which I regret (the poor woman deserves better than this). Thankfully she doesn't wear it as it's too strong for her. Two lippies for the beautiful bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by elfriede

Smells expensive--like top-notch ingredients. Goes on spicy & aromatic (cardamom & yuzu, a citrus fruit), then the peach takes over for about a half-hour, then it mellows, becoming more of a subtle scent than I would have expected, with a lot of light amber (the amber accord is neither woody nor spicy but soft & round, like warm skin). The cardamom note only lasts if you get the scent on your clothes (smells lovely on a sweater or scarf). Doesn't evolve much except for the excessively peachy bit--my least favorite part--a slightly waxy peach. The peach eventually melts into the amber accord I described, warming and sweetening it a bit. Easy to wear, though it seems too dressy for jeans. Nice to wear to an evening party--attractive and interesting, but not too interesting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like most Boucheron fragrances (with the exception of Miss Boucheron which I have not yet tried). If I had to pick a favorite, it would be this one. I am partial to jasmine and musk. This one has both. Although it is not mentioned in the direct powdery category, it seems very powdery to me. It's light but it has staying power. It's luminous and romantic. It smells clean but not in a boring way. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it does make one happy and comfortable in an elegant way.

I also like the bottle, which was apparently designed with jewelry in mind, as most of their bottles are. To me, the bottle parallels what the juice inside will smell like and I appreciate that in a perfume.

I don't usually like the matching bath and body products but I also highly recommend the dry oil, if you ever come across it. It layers very nicely with the EDP.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by haleydrk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is soft yet noticeable at the same time. Whenever I wear it, I always get compliments. I have very little left and will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When this first came out & I sampled it, I thought it was different & nice, but I just sampled lately, and thought "too sweet & powdery" for me. I think it's still nice, but I guess my tastes & sense of smell has changed in the past few years. Not something I would purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by gb2006

Every single time I wear this, at least one person throughout the day will tell me I "smell SO good". I absolutely LOVE this perfume. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Jaipur Saphir is quite lovely on me. It's soft and subdued, yet at the same time, quietly vibrant. It has outstanding lasting power, and the EDT is simply perfect for the office and literally lasts all day on me. I have the EDP, too, and use it for more formal occasions. Jaipur Saphir is a top 5 favorite with serious --YEAR ROUND-- HG potential with me. (Honestly, it is very, very close to being my signature scent.) I can't get enough of it! Description on perfumeemporium says: " This feminine scent contains a rare blend of fruits, flowers with tones of sandalwood and vanilla." More specific advertised fragrance notes on PerfumeBay are as follows: Top Notes: White Peach, Cardamom, Yuzu, Japanese Tangerine, Heliotrope, Magnolia, Stephanotis Jasmine, Kashmir Wood, Cinnamon Wood, Sandalwood, Balms, Resins, Vanilla and Amber. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2006 9:18:00 PM More reviews by drcosmetica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bottle; unappealing fragrance for me. Too peppery or something...can't quite place my finger on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by FLTulip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this fragrance. It has the right mix of everything I like. Peach, musks, vanilla...I have owned it for a year and worn it very often. I always get compliments on this one. It has been equally good for summer and winter wear. Its a scent that makes me happy when I wear it. I am about to run out, and am going to repurchase.