Koh Gen Do Makeup Color Base Pearl White

3.6

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOMETHICONE,DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TALC, DIMETHICONE, KAOLIN, NYLON-12, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE / METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, HDI / TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE / VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIETHOXYSILYLETHYL POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL HEXYL DIMETHICONE, PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MICA, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CITRATE, HYDROLYZED SILK, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, PENTASODIUM PENTETATE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, IRON OXIDES, ARCTOSTAPHYLOS UVA URSI LEAF EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, GLUCOSYLCERAMIDE, ALPHA-GLUCAN, MITRACARPUS SCABER EXTRACT, REHMANNIA GLUTINOSA ROOT EXTRACT, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, MORUS ALBA ROOT EXTRACT, COIX LACRYMA-JOBI MA-YUEN SEED EXTRACT

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this when I contacted Koh Gen Do for foundation matches. I don't think I'm the target audience for this product since I have a medium skin tone and "pearl white" is a very accurate description of the color it is. On my skin tone, I tried using it as a highlighter (which Koh Gen Do also suggests) but the effect was stark even with just a little. It lasted well enough and didn't emphasize dry flakes or my pores but didn't stand out to me as amazing.

It has noticeable silver and gold shimmer in it and I would recommend anyone interested in it to take a look at how it looks in direct sunlight and judge for themselves if the effect is what they want. I saw the shimmer in indirect natural light pretty easily on my medium skin, but it may be less noticeable at first on fairer people.

Overall, this might suit someone looking for a brightening/microshimmer primer or highlighter and has a fair complexion. It was a pass for me though.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have medium skin, and would not recommend this primer to anyone who isn't pale because it leaves an obvious white cast on your skin. I don't like the obvious shimmers in it (but if you like the "shimmery" effect from Hourglass's diffused ambient lighting powder, and I put that in quotations because not everyone gets the shimmer in it, you probably won't mind the shimmers in this primer). I also found it think and sticky compared to other primers, and it was a bit hard to spread around my face. This is like the anti-hourglass mineral veil. However, it does feel good on my skin after putting the Aqua foundation on, and it does have some (albeit menial) sunscreen in it. But it's not worth the price in my opinion, as I get better performance and spf from using other sunscreens/moisturizers/primers on my skin. If you are still interested, I highly recommend contacting the company's beauty advisers for a sample of it. Their yellow colorbase worked a lot better for me...no shimmer whatsoever in it. I still wouldn't buy either though.

on 11/22/2014 7:09:00 AM

It works well as a primer in the warmer months, but in winter it becomes too cakey and hard to blend, even after applying moisturizer. For the price I was expecting more.

on 3/31/2014 9:03:00 PM

High quality product that evens out your face color and adds a glow to your face.

on 3/31/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I do like this one. When I'm having a good face day, I just sweep a tiny bit across my cheekbones and add blush and I look good w/o foundation. It does not go on white (although I'm fair and wouldn't care). It melts into skin and leaves just a subtle shimmer, but it polishes your look like foundation.

The idea is to wear it under foundation, but I don't usually need both. I've tried it and I get a subtle radiance.

Popular Primer/ Correctors