October 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Mousse

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in blue black. Application was okay but a pain after the gloves got wet from pumping and putting the foam on the hair, it was hard to get a grip on it. The color still bleed after washing a few times and it is suppose to be permanent hair color, at least I thought? Didn't do anything bad to my hair except not cover some of my white hairs along the hair line and didn't seem consistent in coverage. Not a winner with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Ugh, don't even know where to begin with this. First of all, the colors are pretty but they don't last. This is a permanent color mind you, so I didn't expect my color to wash out after a week. Literally, a week. It doesn't cover grays well at all and the foam is barely enough to cover your hair.

John Frieda's foam covers my entire head and I always have a bunch left. This was a huge let-down. I felt ripped off because the lack of product and the color staying power. The only plus to this was the intense conditioner it comes with. THAT I would buy, but not this. I have had some bad luck with most Garnier hair colors, so I think I am done with them.

Back to L'Oreal & John Frieda.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by alessap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the auburn in this product, and I love it! I really like the mousse application, I find it is less runny and it's easier to get it through my hair.

I have been looking for a good colour and I feel like this is it, for home versions anyway. It's a nice rich colour, it holds up well to adding highlights to the hair after which is nice, overall a great product, have used a couple of times and probably will again.

I saw someone mention that the colour wasn't as strong with the mousse but I definitely didn't find that. The colour is always nice and looks natural.

However, I am trying out the esalon product this weekend - a bit more costly than home colour but it sounded great - will come back and post on that one as well so you can see the experience!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Ugh, this mousse gimmick is just that. The "mousse" formula actually reduces itself back to full-on liquid almost the moment it hits the gloves, so the idea that it's less drippy is almost comical (except that you and your bathroom are covered in drips). Also, the colour was less intense than cream version, and didn't last or cover greys.

Giving 2 instead of just 1 because the colour I got was nice, and if I had no greys and didn't care about lasting power, I'd be happy enough other than the awkward application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the Blue Black to refresh my hair, which I normally colour with the Garnier Nutrisse Cream in Natural Black. Worth noting: There is no visible blue in this colour at all, so the name is a bit deceiving. It's just a cool, jet black. I knew this when I bought it by the picture on the box and the swatch on the shelf. I didn't notice any real difference in the colour of my hair overall with this compared to the Natural Black cream, which is also already actually pretty jet black. It was super easy to apply and appeared to turn out nice initially, but almost completely washed out in the first 3 shampoos. Horrid! I had to re-colour a week later again with my usual Nutrisse Cream. I would not recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by oxkristenxo

I tried the blue black in this product, It had no mess being the mousse but it turned my brown hair just a darker brown. Not even close to how black I usually dye it. Was very patchy aswell and made my hair very dry. Will be going back to my Feria Leather black.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using 6RR Light Intense Auburn for a few months now and I absolutely love it. This is my new go-to dye. I used to use Garnier Nutrisse Creme and I just find that this makes a lot less mess and I get a really beautiful, rich color. I have very long hair (down to the small of my back) and it only takes one box to cover all of it. I do have very thin hair though so YMMV. Overall, I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by boomer6690

Tried this product in blue black to darken my brown hair.the foam was easy and mess free,but it didnt seem to be enough for my shoulder lenght hair.When it was dry it came out patchy,and uneven.My hair also seemed t fade a bit after a couple weeks.its good my hair is naturally a darkish brown or it would look terrible.I just re died it using John Frienda natural black and will give a review in a week or so

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by danielle95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried so many drugstore dyes out there, but this is definitely my go to! I buy it in the color 5R Medium Auburn, and it's the most beautiful auburn, definitely true to the color on the box. It also has amazing coverage, which is great because I used to have blonde highlights and with every other dye they began to show through right away but this one covers them right up and lasts. The only bad thing about this is the smell, it can be very strong sometimes but it's not a big issue for me. Overall I would definitely recommend this dye to anybody, if you're looking to dye your hair at home this is definitely the dye you should pick up.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by LSmithxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't buy this product! It is horrible! The color isn't even the color indicated on the box, i bought soft black, and it didnt even appear black to me, it was more of a dark brown, but after 2 days it had completely faded from my hair, it was horrible, worst product i ever used. It also left my hair damaged.