November 24, 2014 | 2058 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Almond Shower Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by eliselotus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After spending £130 in the L'Occitane shop, they gave me this bottle of shower gel for free. The gel is thick but as soon as you start rubbing it on wet skin, it turns into foam. Very nice texture, wonderful scent. Having said that, I doubt I will spend £17.50 on a bottle of shower gel. That's just way too expensive...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by shi1

Let's start by saying I love oil products both for moisturizing and cleaning (i.e. Shu Uemura oil cleanser for face, Cake Beauty Inca Oil body cleanser). I have been eager to try this one for a long time since there aren't many oil body cleansers available, and because of all the positive reviews. I'm so glad I tried this, its wonderful!

So my skin is VERY dry and all those so called moisturizing soap bars and body washes do nothing for me. Even in the middle of the summer my skin is dry like the desert. I must also add that I hate moisturizing because it seems futile (use a stripping cleanser, then moisturize and repeat? No thanks!). I'd prefer to maintain my skin's moisture by NOT using stripping cleansers. Amazingly, my skin seems "normal" after using this (aka not flaking like crazy). I think this is better at moisturizing than my Cake Beauty Inca Oil. I will retest and update my review of this oil in the dead of winter to see how it holds up in -40 degree Canadian winter.

I purchased a travel size bottle to try, so I can't comment on the packaging of the full size. The travel size container is annoying because the cap is ridiculously tiny and its hard to get open when you're wet in the shower. The smell is nice but it was not what I was expecting. It doesn't smell a whole lot like almonds, but its still nice. Its a unisex scent and the scent it leaves on the skin afterwards is not too overpowering so that's good. Price wise its expensive, but refill sizes are offered for better value. Lovely product. Would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! Spotted it in Mums bathroom & had been wanting to try it for a while, so asked what she thought of it & happy joy, she wasn't that keen & gave me the whole bottle (500ml minus the couple of squirts she'd used!). I don't know why she didn't like it, but I love it. It smells heavenly, is lovely & silky in use & skin feels beautifully clean & moisturised/nourished after use. I was a little put out when Hubby confessed he too loved it (have you seen the price?) but it's nice for him to have discovered something other than African black soap that he can use without having the worst allergic reaction you've ever seen! He's been "trying" it for weeks without the slightest reaction at all, which, trust me, with his skin, is a little miracle! Have already re-purchased a nice eco refill & will continue to purchase as it is so rare to find something that Mr. B isn't allergic to. Plus, all practicality aside, it really is heavenly to use. (oh & quite safe, doesn't seem to make bath/shower floor any slippier than normal, although please always take care!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second bottle of this and also ordered the refill. The smell is to die for. I love it so much! A friend gave me all her favorite beauty products at Christmas, and this was one of the wonderful surprises. I rub it all over in the shower and follow it with the L'Occitane Oil. Truly makes my skin much softer. Also, it lasts. My skin is soft for 24 hours. Shaving is a breeze with this gel. No more nicks and always a close shave. Before I used this, I had very dry skin on the back of my arms and entire torso. I really didn't have any expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I found my HG body cleanser.

I'm in luck because when I bought this for myself yesterday it was on sale, which means I got a bottle with a pump (it normally doesn't come with a pump unless it's on sale).

Texture: Luxurious. Glides smoothly over skin and turns milky in contact with water. Once it turns milky it gets slightly foamy. It'll feel like it might not cleanse thoroughly at first if you're not used to a cleansing oil but after rinsing my skin felt squeaky clean. Literally. With absolutely no trace of dryness.

Fragrance: Smells fresh but nutty like almonds. I'm normally not into scented products (though I only purchase products according to skin benefits and don't care about scents in that case) but I LOVE this scent. It's light and mostly goes away immediately after the shower leaving a very very subtle nutty air behind. The kind you only notice subconsciously. I'm impressed.

Usage: Pretty high. I find I need to use a lot of product at a time. I don't think this will last longer than 2 months. Maybe 3 at most. Still worth.

Packaging: Perfection. Especially with the pump. They need to make the pump a standard thing.

Results: soft, smooth, thoroughly cleansed skin. I followed it with Clinique spark skin exfoliator and deep comfort body butter and my skin feels heavenly. In fact I can bet my skin has never felt this good since I was a baby.

Repurchase? Forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I got a big sample of this from Sephora and I may purchase it. It left my skin feel coated but i kind of liked it because it felt protected and moisturized. The fragrance was a little weird though ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

Oil and water DO mix, and the result is the gentlest foam with no residue. The scent is not quite akin to almond oil itself, just sweeter somehow, and a large whiff will reveal a tiny hint of something herbal. It's clean and fresh, like your favourite memory of a spa. This miracle transformer is highly moisturising, yet will clear your body of the unwanted filth. Better yet, relax in a bath of it just for the scent. Bathe in it, shower with it, shave with it. You can buy an eco-pack refill, so it's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I love this oil. I always look forward to take showers when using this oil the steam from the shower fills the bathroom and it's like aromatherapy! This is expensive so I bought the refillable bottle but it's still too expensive but I love it !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Bee230295

I do not usually write reviews about beauty products, but when looking to repurchase the l'occitane almond shower oil online, I saw some mixed reviews so felt I must give my experience!
I had seen this in a beauty haul on YouTube and liked the sound of it but thought nothing more of it. I saw it in the airport before my holiday and bought it on a whim as I knew it would be better value from an airport!
No regrets! This product is lovely. I cannot recommend it enough!
I tend to use it as a replacement for shaving cream now as it leaves my skin feeling so soft. It feels very luxurious to use and smells great! It is a little pricey, but it lasts ages! I will deffo be repurchasing this product.
( FYI, a few drops under running water in a bath makes the room smell amazing and somehow makes the water feel soft and luxurious )