L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

4.6

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 2/25/2015 10:28:00 PM

Love the smell of this! I was a little skeptical about using this because I thought it would leave a filmy residue but it doesn't. Foams up with a little bit of water. Not as moisturizing as I had hoped it would be.

on 2/6/2015 10:08:00 PM

BIG FAN! I have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) which is relatively common condition - it's bumpy skin on the backs of my arms (a tiny bit on the backs of my legs). None of the suggested moisturisers or soaps or scrubs have ever helped at all. In fact I find that the more I try and moisturise, it's almost like my skin gets clogged from it - even light moisturisers. So I just gave up using anything and that seemed to at least not make it worse.

But this!! Such an improvement! I don't ever feel oily after my shower, just clean and my skin is calm. I've gone through a whole bottle now (it took about 3-4 months) and when I repurchased I also grabbed the Almond Supple Skin Oil for use after my shower which has so far improved the situation even more.

My search is over for a product that soothes and moisturises my skin but does not clog! Perfect.

My only comment would be that perhaps a pump top would be slightly more convenient, but that's not to say the current lid is difficult.

on 2/6/2015 2:09:00 PM

This is my new favorite winter splurge. It's pretty pricey but makes my skin nice and soft in the harsh winter months. This stuff is not a very strong cleanser, so often I will use it after using regular soap or body wash if I have just worked out beforehand and am all sweaty. It has a nice almond scent that isn't heavy or sickeningly sweet.

on 1/31/2015 11:57:00 AM

I did not expect to like this as much as I did, but boy am I glad that I tried it. First of all, I was expecting this to feel nasty and sticky and not rinse off clean, but quite to my surprise, this rinsed off and left my skin feeling luxuriously soft without being greasy. The scent is almond, but it is not overwhelming and reminds me a lot of the almond body lotion and body scrub by L'Occitane. The price may make you think twice, but if oyu have really sensitive skin in the shower (like I do, most shower gels make me itch like crazy and dry out my skin), then you may want to try this.

on 1/29/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden 2 day moisture shower oil, but it's not for sale in the Netherlands, so when I'd finished my last bottle (i've used up 4 of them) I went on the look-out for something similar. This is pretty close, although it's more expensive and the fragrance is not as nice. Honestly the smell of this is a bit strange..? I love the packaging, have bought the big bottle with the pump, very handy in the shower. It leaves my skin soft and the smell doesn't linger, thank god, so all in all it's a good shower oil. I would say that this one is even more moisturizing than the Sanctuary Spa one, so all in all a good replacement.

on 12/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Wow I am using up the sample and will buy a full bottle after the holidays. This may save my winter skin and it smells delicious. Thus far, I have not broken out from the scent or otherwise reacted to it. A pretty rare occurrence for me. I am allergic to a lot of BBW gels, for example.

on 12/10/2014 1:33:00 AM

This is a great product. It is very gentle and can be used all over the body include chest without making you break out, and private part without it becoming itchy. It leaves skin soft afterwards. I purchased some for cousin as a present and purchased the larger refill. However, I wouldn't repurchase as I find I'm never really sure if I've washed it off. It seems to take longer to wash on and off in the shower than a bar of soap does. I already have naturally soft skin so I don't really need it.

on 9/20/2014 3:47:00 AM

After spending £130 in the L'Occitane shop, they gave me this bottle of shower gel for free. The gel is thick but as soon as you start rubbing it on wet skin, it turns into foam. Very nice texture, wonderful scent. Having said that, I doubt I will spend £17.50 on a bottle of shower gel. That's just way too expensive...

on 9/15/2014 11:19:00 AM

Let's start by saying I love oil products both for moisturizing and cleaning (i.e. Shu Uemura oil cleanser for face, Cake Beauty Inca Oil body cleanser). I have been eager to try this one for a long time since there aren't many oil body cleansers available, and because of all the positive reviews. I'm so glad I tried this, its wonderful!

So my skin is VERY dry and all those so called moisturizing soap bars and body washes do nothing for me. Even in the middle of the summer my skin is dry like the desert. I must also add that I hate moisturizing because it seems futile (use a stripping cleanser, then moisturize and repeat? No thanks!). I'd prefer to maintain my skin's moisture by NOT using stripping cleansers. Amazingly, my skin seems "normal" after using this (aka not flaking like crazy). I think this is better at moisturizing than my Cake Beauty Inca Oil. I will retest and update my review of this oil in the dead of winter to see how it holds up in -40 degree Canadian winter.

I purchased a travel size bottle to try, so I can't comment on the packaging of the full size. The travel size container is annoying because the cap is ridiculously tiny and its hard to get open when you're wet in the shower. The smell is nice but it was not what I was expecting. It doesn't smell a whole lot like almonds, but its still nice. Its a unisex scent and the scent it leaves on the skin afterwards is not too overpowering so that's good. Price wise its expensive, but refill sizes are offered for better value. Lovely product. Would recommend!

on 8/25/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff! Spotted it in Mums bathroom & had been wanting to try it for a while, so asked what she thought of it & happy joy, she wasn't that keen & gave me the whole bottle (500ml minus the couple of squirts she'd used!). I don't know why she didn't like it, but I love it. It smells heavenly, is lovely & silky in use & skin feels beautifully clean & moisturised/nourished after use. I was a little put out when Hubby confessed he too loved it (have you seen the price?) but it's nice for him to have discovered something other than African black soap that he can use without having the worst allergic reaction you've ever seen! He's been "trying" it for weeks without the slightest reaction at all, which, trust me, with his skin, is a little miracle! Have already re-purchased a nice eco refill & will continue to purchase as it is so rare to find something that Mr. B isn't allergic to. Plus, all practicality aside, it really is heavenly to use. (oh & quite safe, doesn't seem to make bath/shower floor any slippier than normal, although please always take care!)