L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

4.5

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 3/11/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can see I'm in the minority, but I don't like the smell of this product. I've been a fan of Perlier White Almond products, but their formula seems to have changed. So I was intrigued when I saw this product and the rave reviews. I didn't expect it to smell like my Perlier, but to me it has a weird metallic smell that I really find offensive. Perhaps I got a bad batch, but it's not uncommon for one person to love a scent that another person really doesn't like. I'm glad I bought a small bottle.

on 3/11/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A great product that shows instant results. I used this while on holiday everyday recently & I can honestly say its worth its price tag.
An oil that lathers to a soap & washes off well, like all the L'Occitane products leaving your skin feeling nourished, soft & smelling great.
Highly recommend.

on 3/8/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What can I say about this shower oil that hasn't been said before? I have a dry skin all over my body (itchy and uncomfortable) with the lovely combination of breakouts on my back. Lovely. I was initially skeptical about purchasing a shower oil due to my concern that it would not give me that "fresh" showered feeling. 2 weeks from purchase and I am now addicted to this product. My dry and uncomfortable skin has become a thing of the past, and I can even skip moisturizing after my shower if I am in a hurry. Upon application, the oil turns into a milky consistency and really cleanses the body. Chest and back breakouts are now a thing of the past and my spray tan lasts about 3 more days compared to when I previously used other body wash or soap. I feel this is expensive but the effects are well worth it, and it's one product I will not be giving up. Hint: Ask for the larger pump bottle (500ml)

on 2/25/2015 10:28:00 PM

Love the smell of this! I was a little skeptical about using this because I thought it would leave a filmy residue but it doesn't. Foams up with a little bit of water. Not as moisturizing as I had hoped it would be.

on 2/6/2015 10:08:00 PM

BIG FAN! I have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) which is relatively common condition - it's bumpy skin on the backs of my arms (a tiny bit on the backs of my legs). None of the suggested moisturisers or soaps or scrubs have ever helped at all. In fact I find that the more I try and moisturise, it's almost like my skin gets clogged from it - even light moisturisers. So I just gave up using anything and that seemed to at least not make it worse.

But this!! Such an improvement! I don't ever feel oily after my shower, just clean and my skin is calm. I've gone through a whole bottle now (it took about 3-4 months) and when I repurchased I also grabbed the Almond Supple Skin Oil for use after my shower which has so far improved the situation even more.

My search is over for a product that soothes and moisturises my skin but does not clog! Perfect.

My only comment would be that perhaps a pump top would be slightly more convenient, but that's not to say the current lid is difficult.

on 2/6/2015 2:09:00 PM

This is my new favorite winter splurge. It's pretty pricey but makes my skin nice and soft in the harsh winter months. This stuff is not a very strong cleanser, so often I will use it after using regular soap or body wash if I have just worked out beforehand and am all sweaty. It has a nice almond scent that isn't heavy or sickeningly sweet.

on 1/31/2015 11:57:00 AM

I did not expect to like this as much as I did, but boy am I glad that I tried it. First of all, I was expecting this to feel nasty and sticky and not rinse off clean, but quite to my surprise, this rinsed off and left my skin feeling luxuriously soft without being greasy. The scent is almond, but it is not overwhelming and reminds me a lot of the almond body lotion and body scrub by L'Occitane. The price may make you think twice, but if oyu have really sensitive skin in the shower (like I do, most shower gels make me itch like crazy and dry out my skin), then you may want to try this.

on 1/29/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden 2 day moisture shower oil, but it's not for sale in the Netherlands, so when I'd finished my last bottle (i've used up 4 of them) I went on the look-out for something similar. This is pretty close, although it's more expensive and the fragrance is not as nice. Honestly the smell of this is a bit strange..? I love the packaging, have bought the big bottle with the pump, very handy in the shower. It leaves my skin soft and the smell doesn't linger, thank god, so all in all it's a good shower oil. I would say that this one is even more moisturizing than the Sanctuary Spa one, so all in all a good replacement.

on 12/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Wow I am using up the sample and will buy a full bottle after the holidays. This may save my winter skin and it smells delicious. Thus far, I have not broken out from the scent or otherwise reacted to it. A pretty rare occurrence for me. I am allergic to a lot of BBW gels, for example.

on 12/10/2014 1:33:00 AM

This is a great product. It is very gentle and can be used all over the body include chest without making you break out, and private part without it becoming itchy. It leaves skin soft afterwards. I purchased some for cousin as a present and purchased the larger refill. However, I wouldn't repurchase as I find I'm never really sure if I've washed it off. It seems to take longer to wash on and off in the shower than a bar of soap does. I already have naturally soft skin so I don't really need it.