September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Scrubs - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why, but every time I use this I end up breaking out badly with like 20 tiny whiteheads in random clusters on my face. I have given it several trials and no I don't use this to remove makeup I just use it in the morning in the shower. It leaves a slimy film that doesn't rinse off. I would not recommend it to anyone or ever buy it again. Blah.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ramarie

In my exfoliator, I am looking for a product that gets rid of dead skin and flakes but won't break me out. This cleanser does not break me out (it also doesn't do wonders for my acne or redness). However, when I cleanse with this and wake up in the morning I seem to have MORE flakes. If I use this product in the morning my makeup looks absolutely horrendous by the end of the day.

My face is a very extreme combination of oiliness and dryness, along with moderate acne (I know, every woman's dream). This exfoliator was just not for me whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by shespoison

I love it. I have extremely oily skin and have been trying different types of products that claim to control oil and nothing I've tried has worked! recently I've tried to go natural with products I am putting on my body so I had to try this and it works! other scrubs would strip my skin of all its natural oil causing my skin to make even more oil :/ but this stuff is magic I was skeptical the first few days I tried it (we're taught that clean is free of all oil to where your skin squeaks but that is completely false!) but now my skin isn't as oily as it was before I started using this product definitely trying the rest of their line :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Katherinearwebb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this 1 star because it contains three comedogenic ingredients. Two of which are HIGHLY comedogenic! (Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate and stearic Acid) That is exactly what we don't want in an acne fighting product. Aside from that, it has a decent smell and very coarse exfoliating bits. It leaves my skin sort of sticky, and is difficult to wash off because of this. After rinsing, if I glide my nail across my skin, a layer of white tacky product comes off. (This is not dead skin) I do not recommend, especially for someone with acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very fine which is great for not damaging your skin . Feels nice . Kinda runny but that's ok. I use this every other night a++

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall -2 (I'd give it a 2.5 if I could)
Price - 3
Packaging 4

I bought this because I thought it'd be a more "natural" and less chemically version of Neutrogena's power clear scrub. Even the packaging is almost exactly the same! In terms of salicylic acid content and whatnot on the label, it sounded the same. It was alright as a scrub - nothing to really wow me. I don't think it was as effective as the Neutrogena in terms of acne fighting power but it didn't make my skin dry out or feel too tight after use, which I occasionally got with the Neutrogena. While this was gentler on my skin, I would not use it everyday.
I did try it with my Missha cleansing face brush and I hate that the bamboo shoots got stuck in the bristles. Smell is ok - not the nicest but not chemicals either. It was slightly grittier than Neutrogena's scrub (probably cause you have "square" granules instead of smooth plastic beads) but thickness and texture was similar.

Probably won't repurchase as I have fewer breakouts to treat with salicylic acid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have acne-prone skin that is very finicky about how it's treated. It was easier when I was younger, and it was just a matter of finiding something strong enough to clean up and control oil. Now, my skin still likes to break out, but using the same extremely strong facial cleansers all the time leaves me with dry patches. I thought this cleanser might be a nice happy-medium between my die-hard chemical-laden SA products, but not a greasy, paraben-filled cream cleanser guranteed to break me out or my money back. I have to say, it kind of just did...nothing. Gratefully, it didn't break me out. But I would be willing to bet that it would have if I kept using it, because for me, this felt like the equivalent of not washing my face at all. (And how many days do you think I'm gonna get away with that). It didn't dry my skin out either, which is good, I'm not complaining. But all in all, my skin just really didn't feel cleansed or exfoliated. I gave the product to my sister, who also has acne-prone skin but tries to use gentler products. For me, I will stick with my Phisoderm gel cleanser for acne-prone skin, which is deadly to acne, and I will look around for an easy-going moisturizer to follow it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had really high hopes for this scrub but it turned out to be disappointing. I loved the smell of it and was really looking forward to it. I normally have oily, acne prone skin but soon after using this my skin became raw and sensitive to the touch even though I had never had problems with sensitive skin before. I tried it a couple more times waiting a week in between each use but still after every time my skin became so irritated that I had to stop. I am guessing that it was either the grainy, harsh texture of the scrub or the salicylic acid. I will NOT be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Annaksza

This scrub is passable. There's nothing really unique about it. I prefer a non-literal scrub, like Badescu's papaya enzynme scrub which is about 4 dollars more than this scrub.

For those experiencing white residue, that happens to me when I use this as an end of the day scrub. This is a beginning of the day scrub when there's nothing on your face. I use an spf moisturizer in the day and when this scrub tries to wash it off, maybe it's the bamboo sap or something, but mixed with what's already on my face - it does leave a residue. If you use a natural oil or serum moisturizer this won't happen.

This is a good start of the day scrub. It didn't work magic, but it didn't cause harm or damage either. Mediocre in the best way, in other words.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Juliarussothegreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely a nightmare. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I really wanted to love this product, I was praying it would be the one to finally clear my skin. However, I can honestly say that my skin condition tripled in severity. I use to only have acne on one of my cheeks and on my forehead. Now I have horrible, red acne on both of my cheeks and my forehead. However, worst of all since I started using this product, is that I wake up to new whiteheads everyday that just sit in the middle of my pronounced post-acne scars. Please do not waste your money.