Yes To Carrots Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub

3.0

Salicylic Acid 2% Acne Treatment Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Propanediol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) (Tomato) Extract*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract*, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol. * Certified Organic Ingredient.

on 3/29/2015 5:02:00 PM

Has a unique smell. I always use a gel facial wash after to wash away the smell. I feel that it leaves a bit of a oil like film behind so I would be washing that away anyway. The grit isn't overwhelming. but be careful not to use it over swollen or open skin.

on 12/22/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Was really eager to try this product but unfortunately after using it for about a week I noticed I began to break out more than usual, especially on my forehead which is very unusual as I normally don't break out anywhere else other than my cheeks. I noticed yesterday after wearing a full face of makeup that this product left a layer of residue on my face, I used my usual makeup remover before cleansing my face and after washing my face felt sticky and I noticed a gray tinted layer left on my face. After spending 10 bucks on this product and having it go to waste you could say I was the least bit happy.

on 9/28/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and thought that I should give this a try since it's a bit more natural than other face products. I don't really have acne prone skin but I do break out occasionally and I recently started getting tons of bumps and redness on my forehead. I hardly ever get pimples on my forehead which was upsetting. but I thought I'd give this a try! it made my forehead worse. it did clear up some blackheads and minor pimples on my nose but didn't help whatsoever on my forehead. the one thing I did like about it was how it didn't dry out my skin and made it feel smooth but I would definitely not buy this product again. used it for about 3-4 weeks and didn't please me.

on 8/29/2014 6:24:00 PM

I don't know why, but every time I use this I end up breaking out badly with like 20 tiny whiteheads in random clusters on my face. I have given it several trials and no I don't use this to remove makeup I just use it in the morning in the shower. It leaves a slimy film that doesn't rinse off. I would not recommend it to anyone or ever buy it again. Blah.

on 8/3/2014 8:53:00 PM

In my exfoliator, I am looking for a product that gets rid of dead skin and flakes but won't break me out. This cleanser does not break me out (it also doesn't do wonders for my acne or redness). However, when I cleanse with this and wake up in the morning I seem to have MORE flakes. If I use this product in the morning my makeup looks absolutely horrendous by the end of the day.

My face is a very extreme combination of oiliness and dryness, along with moderate acne (I know, every woman's dream). This exfoliator was just not for me whatsoever.

on 6/18/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love it. I have extremely oily skin and have been trying different types of products that claim to control oil and nothing I've tried has worked! recently I've tried to go natural with products I am putting on my body so I had to try this and it works! other scrubs would strip my skin of all its natural oil causing my skin to make even more oil :/ but this stuff is magic I was skeptical the first few days I tried it (we're taught that clean is free of all oil to where your skin squeaks but that is completely false!) but now my skin isn't as oily as it was before I started using this product definitely trying the rest of their line :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I gave this 1 star because it contains three comedogenic ingredients. Two of which are HIGHLY comedogenic! (Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, ethylhexyl palmitate and stearic Acid) That is exactly what we don't want in an acne fighting product. Aside from that, it has a decent smell and very coarse exfoliating bits. It leaves my skin sort of sticky, and is difficult to wash off because of this. After rinsing, if I glide my nail across my skin, a layer of white tacky product comes off. (This is not dead skin) I do not recommend, especially for someone with acne prone skin.

on 4/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very fine which is great for not damaging your skin . Feels nice . Kinda runny but that's ok. I use this every other night a++

on 3/18/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Overall -2 (I'd give it a 2.5 if I could)
Price - 3
Packaging 4

I bought this because I thought it'd be a more "natural" and less chemically version of Neutrogena's power clear scrub. Even the packaging is almost exactly the same! In terms of salicylic acid content and whatnot on the label, it sounded the same. It was alright as a scrub - nothing to really wow me. I don't think it was as effective as the Neutrogena in terms of acne fighting power but it didn't make my skin dry out or feel too tight after use, which I occasionally got with the Neutrogena. While this was gentler on my skin, I would not use it everyday.
I did try it with my Missha cleansing face brush and I hate that the bamboo shoots got stuck in the bristles. Smell is ok - not the nicest but not chemicals either. It was slightly grittier than Neutrogena's scrub (probably cause you have "square" granules instead of smooth plastic beads) but thickness and texture was similar.

Probably won't repurchase as I have fewer breakouts to treat with salicylic acid.

on 12/27/2013 5:08:00 PM

I have acne-prone skin that is very finicky about how it's treated. It was easier when I was younger, and it was just a matter of finiding something strong enough to clean up and control oil. Now, my skin still likes to break out, but using the same extremely strong facial cleansers all the time leaves me with dry patches. I thought this cleanser might be a nice happy-medium between my die-hard chemical-laden SA products, but not a greasy, paraben-filled cream cleanser guranteed to break me out or my money back. I have to say, it kind of just did...nothing. Gratefully, it didn't break me out. But I would be willing to bet that it would have if I kept using it, because for me, this felt like the equivalent of not washing my face at all. (And how many days do you think I'm gonna get away with that). It didn't dry my skin out either, which is good, I'm not complaining. But all in all, my skin just really didn't feel cleansed or exfoliated. I gave the product to my sister, who also has acne-prone skin but tries to use gentler products. For me, I will stick with my Phisoderm gel cleanser for acne-prone skin, which is deadly to acne, and I will look around for an easy-going moisturizer to follow it up.