November 26, 2014 | 1021 users online

Polishes - OPI - Don't Touch My Tutu!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely streak-free application just as promised. Indoors it looks like an ivory jelly. But: Outdoors in sunlight it looks like a beige/yellow shade and actually looks dirty. Even the bottle looks like its yellowed. I bought this at Amazon in 2014 and its a 2012 color.

I applied 3 coats over Revlon Gel Basecoat. Lovely indoors/not so great outdoors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't Touch My Tutu is a very sheer off white/white jelly that in terms of applications beats all other whites I have tried. I wear one coat on top of MavaWhite, and the result is very natural looking. I have almost finished my bottle so I'll make sure to buy a couple of back ups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought this after looking up reviews for the best sheer white, but DTMT is NOT white! Its actually an off-white beige white and it looks dull and dirty on my very fair skin. The formula is super, super streaky and highlights vertical ridges badly (ie slides off my ridges and pools in between - yuk!)

I prefer "You Calling Me a Lyre?" A milky warm baby pink jelly that's a sheer version of "Sweetheart". Doesn't streak and looks "clean" on my nails. Also from the same NYC Ballet collection as Don't touch my tutu. Another pale sheer with a consistently good formula is "Happy Anniversay". Sparkling silvery white sheer shimmer, that applies similar to and sparkles just like the popular pink "Princesses Rule". I think they are sisters.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Haco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it! It's subtle and sheer jelly white polish. Regular white polish like "alpine snow" is too thick and easy to fail to paint as a base color. Don't touch my tutu is easier. And its finish is more sophisticated , glossy, and beautiful. I bought a mini set of NYC ballet collection at first, and after using this several times, I decided to buy the regular size. I always paint half of the nails and add 2 more coats so they'll be opaque. It dries faster than just putting 3 coats, and tends not to streak too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a sheer white, with a high shine (a jelly polish.) It gives a nude nail. One coat is like a clear polish but slightly clouded. Three coats is still not opaque but gives a nice pale translucent, shiny nail. Definitely work-appropriate, and can be a good base for a French Manicure, if you are tired of pink base. Goes on without streaks and dries smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is lovely. The formula is very nice; the color may be sheer, but the formula is a nice consistency. The sheer color is absolutely perfect for a nice, natural American manicure. Perfect creme, sheer white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I can see why there is so much love for this polish! It is a super sheer white polish that's great for layering and is pretty idiot-proof / easy-to-use. I also love using it alone to get clean, sophisticated, work-appropriate nails.

The formula is incredible, it's self-leveling and goes one evenly with every coat, although you will need 3-4 coats to get a noticeable amount of color. I've never had an issue with flooding my cuticles and never have to do much clean-up with this polish, although the wide brush certainly helps the application process. It dries super rapidly, too, so you don't have to wait long before you can apply another coat.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by 8erica8

I bought it for glitter sandwiches and it's so perfect for those!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The search for that perfect sheer natural polish is a tough one - too streaky, too pink, too peach, too sheer, too opaque, etc etc..... Don't Touch My Tutu was one I would have though looked too white in the bottle. When applied, it's a milky white with a hint of pink/beige. Gorgeous. Goes on very easily with no streaking. (3 coats for perfection). Lovely!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by benchwarmer

OPI Don't Touch My Tutu from the NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection Spring 2012 is a beautiful high glossy sheer. In terms of sheers I would rate this the sheerest in its opacity level. If you are familiar with OPI So Many Clowns...So Little Time it is identical in terms of it's sheer quality high gloss finish and application ease, absolutely no streaking! This is a white sheer but it is super super sheer, what I consider the your nails but better category. I wear it on my nails when they are in their shortish medium phase of growth for the least amount of visible nail line. I prefer three coats for a bit more coverage. Two coats gives you that really nice and shiny clean looking nails appearance. This type of ultra sheer look you get in two coats reminds me of the sheer polishes the Duchess of Cambridge wears, just pretty understated glossy nails. I can't stress enough how amazing the application is, you could do it really quickly because it just won't streak which is one of my requirements for a nail polish. I won't wear a polish if it streaks, no matter how much I like the color. OPI's Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. is also a pretty color sheer, much more peachy pink and opaque than this, but no way, not happening, I can't sit there and keep re-doing a streaky nail. If you want that ultra sheer white that is high gloss go for this one, you won't be disappointed.