October 20, 2014 | 2061 users online

Polishes - Essie - Go Overboard

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty teal color. On me, it was a little darker than it looks in the bottle. It applies really nicely. It only barely needs a second coat. Using a top and base coat, I usually can wear this for a week before it even starts chipping. If I didn't paint my nails weekly, I could probably leave it on for another three or four days before I would actually have to take it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is such a beautiful teal and looks amazing paired with black clothes and polishes. Along with most other Essie polishes, it's top notch quality. It also looks fabulous on toes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Unique, deep statement teal achieved with two coats, though not too bold for day. Relatively quick drying and durable. Essie delivers yet again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my all time favorite polishes. The color is absolutely beautiful, and the formulation is as close to perfect as I've ever seen. I own close to 50 Essie polishes and anyone who's familiar with them knows that the colors are always the best, but the formula can be pretty hit or miss. This is the best. One coat and it's COMPLETELY opaque. I do two anyways, just because it feels so unatural and wrong to only do one. Glides on like a dream, and it wears better than any other polish I've used I think. Only issue is that it has a tendency to stain, so use a good base coat and strong polish remover. Fabulous polish. Highly recommed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by geraldinem54

Such a great color! I got it as a gift (for now as a broke college student, Essie is too expensive for me to buy on my own) for Christmas and I couldn't be more thankful! It's definitely pigmented and all I needed was one coat. Most other nail polishes I have (from forever21, orly, urban outfitters, Sally's, Sally Hansen, etc) require 2 coats at least to get this pigmented. It dried of fairly quickly too which is good because I get impatient. It makes me want to switch to all Essie nail polishes but maybe when I have money to spend $8/bottle. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by allisonfaber

Absolutely fab.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl555

Essie Go Overboard is a beautiful deep teal cream. I've had this in my collection forever and I'm just now getting around to wearing it. It is streaky with the first coat but a slightly thick second coat evens everything out wonderfully. It wore well for a week with only slight chipping and tip wear. My only complaint is that it stained my nails and skin pretty badly upon removal. I'm not a big fan of smurf hands, if you know what I mean. 4 stars because of the messy removal, but I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Super gorgeous deep teal cream. Applies brilliantly. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SUPER beautiful color but it's soo gloopy and messy. This is a polish that makes you feel like you just started applying nailpolish all over again. All technique you've acquired goes right out the window. This stuff just gets all over the place and stains almost immediately. No bueno.

ETA: Chipped within 24 hours. BOO.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Go Overboard is one of the best teals on the market. It's a true teal, the perfect mix between blue and green.
The application was an absolute dream. It applied like butter and the brush fanned out nicely. It takes only 1 coat to become opaque, but 2 for complete even-ness.
So far, I've had this color on for about 3 days, and no chips! There is minor tip wear, but that's expected from every nail polish so no biggie.
The only reason I wouldn't recommend this color is because teal is not the color for everyone. When I bought it, I was extremely excited to use it after looking at swatches online, but I personally did not like it on me because it just didn't have the "wow" factor.