April 24, 2014 | 1782 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best lustre e/s from Mac. Has the best colour pay-off and minimal fall out. Gorgeous colour, but don't reach for it very often, since I own more than 90 e/s from Mac... Plus from other brands... Looks great with black liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I've had this eyeshadow for years and never really gravitated towards it. In the wake of me deciding to get rid of all my old, unused makeup at the end of the year, I decided to give this a try again after getting a bit bored with neutral tones.

This does apply patchy and takes a bit of work to blend into a beautiful sheer, smokey green colour. I pair this with brown or gray eyeliner and an orange lip gloss. it looks amazing under glasses. I might just keep this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with MAC's lustre eyeshadows since what you see in the pan is not always what you get. The application is almost always uneven and extremely sheer. Greensmoke is one of MAC's better lustre shadows.

Greensmoke is an ashy olive green with equally ashy golden undertones and sheen. At first application it is a tad bit sheer, however, I find it's very build-able. I always use it with Nyx's White Eyeshadow Base to get the maximum color payoff. I like to pair it up with a black/grey shadow in the crease for a nice smokey look. Also, I haven't noticed any fallout either so that's definitely a plus.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

About me: NW13 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW

I have debated back and forth on whether I would keep this shadow. As I am becoming pickier with what I consider my stash, I only want to keep colors that are flattering or make my eyes POP, as opposed to just to have to complete my color collection.
Greensmoke is a lovely color, but the shimmer is only visible in the pan. When applied to the lid, it becomes a muddy dark green. My blue eyes lose their luster. Its not a bad shadow, but just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by hokwai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is great but I find it patchy when applied with shader brush and difficult to blend even with MAC 217. It creases after 2-3 hours even with primer ( I use Too Faced Shadowsurance). The worst MAC eyeshadow that I own, in terms of staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by babypinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Greensmoke is a mid-toned khaki green gray eyeshadow with shimmers. It's formula is Lustre. It has a buildable formula and shimmers do not make it an evening eyeshadow. It can be worn for office as well. You can apply with a light hand for a subtle wear or load it to increase shimmery effect. Quite classy and chic when paired with simple black eyeliner. A must have for green eyed gals and i think it works for browns and hazels too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Greensmoke is an amazing eye shadow by MAC, itís a dirty, khaki green but it leans more gold when paired with golden shades and more green when paired with green shades like Humid. Very versatile and excellent pigmentation for a lustre! I find that this applies even more vividly to the lid when I wet my brush with either water or Fix+.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful colour, it has totally changed my mind about wearing green! I have blue eyes and although it doesn't make then pop like a brown would, it still looks stunning. I put Paint Pot Quite Natural all over the lid, blending out in the crease. Then I use Tarnish eye pencil and roughly line on the top lash, and a little underneath. I blend these using a 239 brush and after, using a 214 brush, I pack the Greensmoke over the liner. After, I use a couple of coats of dark brown mascara. This gives a beautiful soft look, which is so easy to do too. I find this is good for daytime as this look is not too strong, but quite easily be built up for evenings too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love this a lot. I have green eyes and this looks great. I use it lightly sometimes as just a smokey, grey, green shadow , building it a little darker on the out eye. For evening is it great for a smokey eye, used with Macs tarnish kohl pencil. The green in it is lovely and it's a great shadow, another well done to Mac!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful for brown eyed girls! subtle and sexy olive green smokey eye. Brings out the gold in brown eyes. I wear it as a wash w either black e/l (Mac smolder or UD Zero) or a dark green/gold e/l (Smashbox Golden Ivy). Gorgeous! Pat it on to get the true color.