August 31, 2014 | 1516 users online

Eye Shadow - Essence - Sun club (glamour to go eyeshadow)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by BlueVampire

No. No. Absolutely no. This product has great pigment, is blend-able and is cheap but, so is the value. And I suppose, you get what you pay for but, this product has absolutely zero staying power! I wore this is a party, one time about 2 years ago. Now, I was wearing one of the neutral browns and the room was somewhat dark so, no one else noticed this (thank God!) but, when I went to the bathroom, about half an hour into the party and I walked there which took 15 minutes so, after 45 minutes of application, half of it was my cheeks (and please note, I did not put any on my cheeks when I originally was getting ready) so, basically, the moral of the story: This product can not even last for an hour!!! So, please, take it from me, if you are looking for a good eye shadow, Essence's glamour to go sun club is not the one you are looking for!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sakura4869

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the pigmentation is better than I expected, and I love the colors, the brush is a good quality. The only thing that I didn't like is that there's only one matte colorm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first Essence eye shadow palette and I'm not impressed. Yes it's inexpensive, but the lack of pigmentation, dusty, chalky, and crumbly texture, with mega fallout just aren't worth it. Personally I'll stick with Wet n' Wild palettes as they around the same price and are far superior in quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice palette,although not very pigmented. You should use a primer first,especially if your have oily eyelids. Otherwise they won't last for long. I have this in 02 Long Beach and it contains nice,more night-out-appropriate colors in darker,shimmery shades. You get what you pay, just good eyeshadows with a medium pigmentation and durance.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jingyi1752010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-Colour payoff is decent
-Bendable
-Cheap

Cons:
-Loads of fallout
-The cover isn't durable ( Mine broke when I dropped it)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This palette wasn't nearly as good as the single shadows. They are dry, crumbly, sheer and flake off from my skin right away. When swatched with fingers they look pretty good but once on the lid, you can see its true nature. I ended up scraping out all the shadows, cleaning the wells up and mush some of my lipsticks in the palette. Now I have a portable lip palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the 01 South Beach one and I looove it. The sandy colour in the bottom right hand corner is my favorite, have almost used it completely up, too bad they don't sell it as a single colour too. The green in the bottom left is my second favorite it really works well with my eyes and skin, use it in the crease. For a cheapie, these are awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

Ok, this product is pretty bad without a primer. I was never into eyeshadow primers. I purchased the I LOVE STAGE eyeshadow base and I used that with the eyeshadow. It's so pretty and the colors are kinda pigmented with a primer or at least the essence one. So before you purchase this, don't forget an eyeshadow primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cassy2790

I don't know why so many people don't like this product because it is amazing!!! If you are a beginning, or love makeup and want an eye shadow palette that will give you neutral colors for every day looks, this palette is for you. I love makeup and now that I'm 22 I'm trying to do more neutral looks that still look sexy. This palette has some good colors in it and isn't very much money. Everyone talks about the Naked palette (which is gorgeous, and if I had an extra $50 laying around for makeup, I'd think about buying it, but I'd rather buy 20 or more products for $50 than just one product for $50). All of the shadows in this palette are super pigmented, do not crease, and can be used to achieve lots of different looks for day or night. I always use an eye shadow primer so I've never tried this shadow on it's own, but with a primer it does not budge. The shadow lasts all day and night and I love that it has some shimmer to it. The palette has 7 shades that have shimmer and 1 shade that is more of a matte, but I love all of them. CONS: If you don't like shimmer I can understand why you wouldn't like this palette, but it's not big chunks or glitter or anything. Another con could be the brush it comes with. I don't use the brush it comes with personally because I'd rather use my makeup brushes, but it's not a bad brush if you had this palette in your purse or something. Another con could be the packaging. It doesn't look as chic as it could, but this brand is for all ages so you can't expect fabulous. I do like that the packaging is see through though, so you can see every shadow without opening it. For me though, the cons don't matter because the product itself works beautifully and that's all I care about.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first Essence product (everything else I wanted at Ulta was out of stock). I was looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette and picked this up. The packaging is great and many of the colors look like dupes for other good neutral eyeshadows but the quality is really bad. All around terrible color payoff, even over a primer.
I really have to pack it on to get any of the colors to show up and even then - major fallout with huge chunks of glitter, it creases quickly even over a primer and doesn't last longer than an hour if you can get it to show up. I haven't tried all of the colors yet - only 3 so far - including one of the darker ones in my crease but I still give this a 2 as it was dirt cheap so I can't complain too much. I'm going to try foiling it and seeing if that helps.

If my review helped you, click yes below!