December 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first MAC eyeshadow I bought, and has remained my favourite. It is a light shimmery neutral/goldish colour, but not a full on glitter, which I love. I find that it has great payoff, and atiny bit goes a long way. It is versatile not only in the ways you can wear it, but the colours that you can wear it with. I usually wear it as a light all over colour for day time, and in the inner corners/brow bone for a night look, and goes with everything! I also sometimes wear it as a highlight on my face, a trick an MUA showed me when I first got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Shocked at how much I love this shadow. I didn't think a shimmery gold would really get used this much, but it does! Will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really nice subtle beige gold shade. Not much to say other than I like it and will rebuy as needed.
Edit: The more I wear this, the more I like it. I even get comments on how pretty my eyes are when I have this on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Retrospeck is a light shimmery gold blonde color. It's a lustre finish so it is a little rough and a tad bit glittery but the color is beautiful. Eventhough, it has some glitter it is tame enough for everyday. I like to use it all over my eye lid and then put NARS Blondie in the crease (which is a brownish gold taupe color). I tried this alone but always feel like I still need a little definition in the crease. It just makes me feel so much more awake and beautiful. I also use this eye shadow more when I am not tan. For some reason it doesn't really show up at all when I am tan or darker. I usually wear MUFE 118 and have worn anywhere from MAC NC/NW 20 to 30 or even MUFE 123 in the past when I was really tan. Overall great eye shadow for light skin tones to brighten up a look and keep from feeling so blah.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favourite every day eyeshadow. It's a beautiful pewter colour with the prettiest shimmer. I wear it as a wash on my lids for work, a dream to apply and gives me a polished look with very little effort. I tend to apply my concealer afterwards as it does have a little fall out. Highly recommend this eeyeshadow, I am nc30 with dark brown hair and eyes for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful, shimmery gold color. It looks very good on light skin. Not too gold. I had no issues with fall out. It's very pigmented, like all MAC eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite shimmery lid color. It's hard to describe. Sometimes, it's a pale gold, and sometimes it looks more taupey? LOL but it's a gorgeous lid color. A lot of people don't like lustre eyeshadows, and I usually don't either but this color is amazing. It's not as bad as the other lustres, i find

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shadow, makes my eyes look glamorous. Pair it with Club or Satin Taupe and you're good to go. Also love it with Coquette or Kid, and Ruby Woo for the perfect retro look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

it's a nice color to wear alone for summer but the fallout is eeeeeeeeeeek!! every time i dab my brush into the shadow the glitters fly everywhere and would transfer into the next pan in my palette, i had to rearrange my shadows so that the glitters from retrospeck won't affect my matte shades.

also it can appear quite powdery on the lids if you apply too much on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by corinnep26

I have been using this eyeshadow since I was in high school. It was my first makeup splurge. I haven't used it in a while after I dropped it and it broke apart so it got pushed to the deep corners of my makeup bag. I just repurchased it today along with Fig 1 and I'm super excited to have it back in my everyday rotation! Love it!