November 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Smooth And Perfect

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dalloways

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this polish. The brush is quite wide which makes it difficult to apply neatly to small nails, but the formula went on smoothly and dried quickly to a lovely finish. I love the range of pastel shades, too - I chose 'Air' - and the subtle pearly shimmer is a nice touch. It lasted a good three days with barely any chipping, too; an impressive feat for me, if not for some. The only real downside to this polish is the sheer finish - it took four coats to reach opacity (although there's a good chance it's supposed to be like that).

Pros:
- Great colours
- Dries fast
- Smooth application
- Fairly long-lasting

Cons:
- Very sheer finish; if you're looking for something more opaque you may wish to look elsewhere
- Difficult to apply neatly

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this formula in "Sorbet". Overall, it's a solid meh. The color is super blah, the brush is clumsy, but the formula is nice.

I'm NW20, so this color hits a little too close to home. That would be great if it were a neutral, but seeing as it's supposed to be a creme orange, not so much. I'm sure it would look lovely on someone darker, or even much fairer. Two coats and I still have some minor VPL, so this looks like a three-coat polish. However, the polish is in fact very smooth, and easy to get even coverage with.

The brush is a little too fat and flat for my taste it's harder to get precision control near the edges like you would get with a thin, cylindrical brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by nomorewars

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this polish! I got it at the dollar store (Ikr?!) in 06 Air. I expeced it to be prety sheer, for such a light colour, but i was pleasantly surprised! It's opaque after only 2 coats! And it has the slightest undertone of gold- so gorgeous. Dries fast and is indeed, smooth and perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ErickaD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you like natural, neutral and slight mother-of-pearl colors and want to extend your no-chip manicure, as I like to do, then this is the polish for you. It is a little thick, but evens out. It fills in the new nail growth quite nicely. I like the wide brush for application.

The polish is prone to some bubbling if you put it on too thick, but it isn't a deal-breaker. I use Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear clear polish as a "base" coat (over my no-chip manicure) and top coat after applying about 2 coats of Smooth and Perfect (Dune 03). The top coat helps hide the little bubble problem. I tend to come back to Smooth and Perfect after trying other neutral color polishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Insight89

Got this in 02 Linen. It is pretty sheer, but thats what I love about it. It looks very natural. It dries very quickly. Mine was thick or gloopy, was indeed smooth and applied smoothly with the brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jaecikae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this polish -- the colors are really pretty nudes and they don't chip quickly. However, the formula is so gloopy! I thinned it out a little bit and it was STILL gloopy. I am particular about nail polish, but I expected better from Sally Hansen, especially for a polish called "Smooth and Perfect." I do like how wide the brush is, though. And if you can get it applied well Dune is a perfect blush pink. I just won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by ashleyrosemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish is one of the WORST nail polishes I have ever purchased. I bought the shade "Sea" expecting it to be a nice sort of minty colour.... was I ever wrong. This color came out sheer/white and I had to do 4 coats to get even a hint of the colour. The drying time is extremely long and since you need to do so many coats that can be annoying and time consuming. Overall this was a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by InvictDeity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the opaque look. I do not like LOUD nail-polishes. I'm sort of a tomboy and this works great! It gives me the "girly" look I want, but not too girly! I have 06-Air and I am not complaining!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by allyp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried the "Satin 04" color. I love the color, it's very nice to wear to work. Just like with most drug store nail polish, you have to apply 3 layers for the color to come through like it's supposed to and for it to be even and consistent. I really don't understand why they can't make light colors more pigmented. Anyway, you do need many coats and you have to wait a long time between coats. I waited 15-20 minutes between each coat (3 of them) and then added a clear top coat and waited another 20 minutes. It seems dry but if you, for example, put your hand between your head and pillow at night, the nails get a texture on them from your hair or pillow. It's very gooey and doesn't get rock hard. After they nails get dinged, the shine goes away also. The top coat (also sally) didn't help at all. Not only that, but little bubbles appear on some nails! I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this is. Its not a must have but to layer under glitter its pretty nice. I like how thin and buildable it is so it doesn't look like i have a ton of nail polish on when I apply my glitter on top.