July 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder in the summer mostly! I have the "translucent pearl" shade I use as a highlighter on my cheeks and I also dust on it on my chest/shoulders/legs for a really pretty glow on my body! It says you can use it all over the face to also even out skin tone but I do NOT suggest that as its very shimmery and would probably look ridiculous!

Overall this is a really pretty shimmery highlighter for the face and body! I love it!

For referance I am neutral leaning yellow and very porcelain (nc5ish).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

I don't know about any of you but it is so hard for me to find a good quality highlighter in any drugstore. And I thought this stuff was pretty good.

I purchased the shade in beige pearl and it highlights my skin beautifully. I have fair/medium skin and this shade worked great. I will say though that it did take me a few tries to like this product. The top layer has this really bright glittery sheen to it and when I first put it on all I saw was glitter, glitter, and more glitter uuhhh. I never wanted to use it again. But I started to play with it again and realized all I had to do was wipe that funky glitter off and voila! Perfect highlighter.

The packaging is so gorgeous! Honestly, that's the reason it even caught my eye. It has a pretty sleek silver packaging with a mirror that you are probably never going to use and it comes with a cute flat brush (psst, save those brushes for contouring your cheek bones).
It just looks good in my makeup bag:)

Bottom line the product does the job and it's a lot cheaper than high end brands. So why not give it a shot? Based on some of the reviews I see here, it looks like a lot of people got the wrong shade. Oh and the reason I wouldn't buy it again is not because i regret it but I love trying new highlighters, I gotta find the next big thing! Hope this helped :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Light Bronze Pearl. The package was deceiving in that the spray over-lay on the product is a lighter color than the actual product. In store I thought it might be okay. Imagine my surprise when I swirled my brush in the product and applied a glitter-bomb of an orange bronzer! It also exaggerated all my fine lines and wrinkles. A definite NO for me. Someone with darker or warmer, younger skin may have more pleasing results.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

i have the shade "beige pearl" and its not a bronzer at all, its shimmery and light and i use it as a highlighter. i am pale and i got the darker shade because its more of a champangne highlighter vs a pink h/l. i love this, a little goes a loooong way!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Just got this and its great! I got it in Beige Pearl, which they say is for medium skin tones. Strangely the one they say is for light skin tones is actually darker?
Was looking for a natural looking gold highlighter which wouldn't make me look shiny. This is a true champagne but light enough to show up on my tan skin.
I only gave this a 3 for packaging because the testers in store were broken and it seems as though the compact isn't very well made!
Its got the product pressed into these lovely pearl shapes and as you use it the product loses those raised pearls but underneath the varying colours of shimmer are baked into circles so it always looks like a pan of pearls :) There is an actual pearl on top of the lid but I wonder how long that'll last?
Under the pan you lift it up and there is a mirror underneath with a little half-moon brush. I can imagine using this on a night out to add some more shimmer, and probably to my detriment! I would suggest using this with fingers because it blends nicely. The mirror is but probably unnecessary - not a product you are likely to leave the house with! Unless you want a 3:30 pickmeup and if so you'll probably be near a mirror at all times?
I tested this against Prestige Skinloving Minerals Bronzing Powder 'pure shimmer' and that is pure gold but with much larger glitter flecks. Not natural!
Overall, I think this is a good option similar to MAC soft & gentle but only AU$30 at Priceline. I have rated it 3 overall because there are actual miniscule flecks you can see, as opposed to just a shimmer or glow.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MissKassafrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst packaging ever. When I opened this, all the little pearls fell out and I had to scoop them off the floor and out of the sink.. yuck. It was so hard to get any product on my brush, and when I really went in for it, I knocked the pearls out again. This was so frustrating and disappointing because PF products are expensive for a drugstore. I didn't notice any significant change in my complexion after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

by the looks of this in the package, it looks like it will be a wonderfully pigmented highlighter. I used it with the brush it came with, and it took off the shimmery top layer revealing a much darker, regular face powder. Taking it back, this isn't what I was expecting

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So i got this in the light pinky beige color (don't remember the name...) and i really like it... just wish it was a little more pigmented. The brush is amazing and perfect cheek size. I feel as though i dont always get enough product on my brush though... :( i might rub my finger on it and add a highlighter to the top of my cheekbones and it looks rlly nice but fades pretty quickly. I've ALWAYS loved physicians formula and this was a little bit of a downer versus their standard in my viewpoint. until i find a better highlighter... i'll guy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have chose yes to buying this again, however, it did leave a few shimmer particles that stayed in the pores of my face. I don't mind a subtle sheen, which from looking at it in the box, I thought I might get. I bought the light skin tones and do get a light bronze glow, which I do get. I just don't like a fleck here & there that stayed behind. There wasn't very much of it, but enough to bother me. The product looks like little pearls into pressed powder, not the loose pearls they sell. It has a shiney silver case with a brush underneath with a mirror. I did like that it didn't have cornstarch as the main ingredient which makes my pores congested.