April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Batucada

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

!!samba de Janeiro....ta da da daaa-tata-taaa-da-daaaaaaaa!!

caipirinha with beautiful sugary note,zesty citrusy lime and salty undertone
that's it...
wonderful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best "greens for the beach" type perfumes I have found. It reminds me a little of the original Calyx, but wears more lightly. What makes it original and truly fun is the little bit of naughtiness in the drydown- just a bit of sweat with the sweet green. Very refreshing and cheerful, it really makes me think of spending a day at the beach in the summertime. Perfumers Karine Vinchon-Spehner and Elisabeth Maier should collaborate again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

OK, my first impression was deceiving: two minutes into my wrist, and all I could smell was watery melon of the Cool Water kind. There are so many melon-y fragrances around that I've come to hate them all, you see.
I wondered "where's the caipirinha, where's the caipirinha???" (that's because I so love Brazil that I studied Portuguese at tne Uni, and because I so love Caipirinha - well, I so love cocktails in general - that... but I digress).
But I've learned that L'AP fragrances are not simple fragrances. They grow into your skin and they morph and when they finally settle, they settle for good. And with this I mean no syntheticity, no mediocre notes, no confused mixes.
I gave it some time, hoping the melon note would yield something special. And out it came: my caipirinha, my beloved, sweet and sugary, cachaça-y and happy, sunny and alive, lime-y and orange-yellow-green, my caipirinha was at my wrist. The note I could detect the most was a brown sugar note of the kind you find stuck at the rim of your icy tall glass, the one you can't help but licking from the tip of your finger when your lover's not watching you. I could take this note wherever. In fact, I'm considering wearing this fragrance at my job at school, because you always need some caipirinha lift in times of teenagers-related stress - without the boozy side note of course, imagine pasturing hordes of teenagers when your mind's less than 100% present!
Yes, a FB worthy frag ths time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Imagine you are laying on a beach sipping on Brazil's national cocktail- the Caïpirinha drink, which is made from cachaça (sugar cane rum), sugar, and limes. The sun is warm, but the salty breeze kisses your skin. Your main concern for the day is making sure you keep on sunscreen and that you relax. Ah, life is good.

This is how I describe Batucada. It is one of the newest from the niche fragrance house L'Artisan Parfumeur, and this fragrance is supposed to have captured the essence of the Caïpirinha drink. As for myself, I have not had this type of drink, but the ingredients in it sound amazing. The notes in this fragrance are lime, cachaça accord, spearmint, tiaré, ylang-ylang, coconut, aquatic note, musk. The aquatic note in this fragrance makes it a really "salty" lime which I personally rather enjoy; it makes me think of a sea breeze. The tiaré, ylang-ylang, coconut, spearmint, and musk aren't as prominent on me, but they create almost an underlying sunscreen smell. Lasting power is good (about 6-7 hours), and sillage is good.

I really think that L'Artisan Batucada and I are going to have a lovely relationship this summer! Chin-Chin (pronounced cheen-cheen) is how they say cheers in Brazil!!!!! ;-)

continued >>