November 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Polishes - OPI - You Callin' Me A Lyre?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to start this by making sure any readers know that this is a jelly polish. It is supposed to be sheer, you are supposed to be able to see the nail line through the polish. This is the perfect sheer peachy nude jelly for french manicures and I've started using it for jelly sandwich manicures which works really well too.

It is a little more sheer than I expected so you do have to experiment with it a little and get used to it. Once you've worked out the best manicures to use it for it is a great polish to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very similar to Bubble Bath, only slightly cleaner looking - lighter and pinker. It is also more sheer and slightly more streaky on application than Bubble Bath. Overall I love the colour, have no problem with streak using my right hand, but with my left hand i'll end up with a little streaks.

The colour is a very sheer milky with a touch of pink, very clean looking and feminine. Very subtle girly colour for hands. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by limwc

I love this nail polish as I can get my nails done in less than half an hour, base coat, two coats of polish and top coat! It's very sheer but if you want the sheer natural nail look, this is so easy and fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by thesunshineproject

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally really like this nail polish. It is a soft (very soft) pink color. The polish itself is quite sheer, but it is a SoftShade. The application was fine. I did not have any streaks or bumps! Two coats of this polish makes it semi-sheer/semi-opaque. It is perfect for a natural nail color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree that this could be a bit less sheer, but the pink works very well with my pale slightly yellow tinged skin. It is not streaky for me after two coats and lasts with only minor wear generally for a week when paired with Stickey as base and Butter quick dry topcoat. Stays shiny and doesn't yellow. It is a great low maintenance nail color for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This polish looked stunning on display, a soft pale pink. It's one of OPI's "Soft Shades" and it is indeed very soft. I used 4 coats and my nailbeds were still visible. It works great if you just want your nails to look a little more "done" than normal. It's pale and pretty and has a nice finish but is not anything overly special.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

Nothing special. I had such high hopes for this polish - I was expecting squishy, glossy goodness but instead I got - a dupe of Bubble Bath. I loooove Bubble Bath and thought this would be somehow different - glassier, glossier, more transparent, pinker even?...it's almost exactly the same. Maybe a tad sheerer, but with 3-4 coats, I don't see a huge difference. If you have BB, you don't need this. Wish I'd tried another in the Ballet collection...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You Callin' Me A Lyre? is from OPI New York City Ballet 2012 Collection. This one is a soft shade collection and it has a total of 6. This color is a soft milky pink with a hint of peach. The formula is creme, jelly-like finish and it's semi-sheer. I applied 2 coats and can still see my nail bed. I mean, it will only look perfect if you have beautiful smooth nail bed. Mine is a bit bumpy and all the flaws show. Even the top of my nails it look quite yellow as the formula is quite sheer. I think a good three coat should hide the flaws but not on bumpy nails.
Application is very easy and quick to dry. Normally, it's harder to apply soft shade polish as it shows flaws a lot easier. The color is a good one to go to work or any occasion. Wedding I am not quite sure if the bride doesn't have perfect nail bed, it will probably show all the flaws. I like the color but don't think I will reach it often. So, I don't think I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You Callin’ Me a Lyre? is one of six polishes from OPI’s New York City Ballet collection. The whole collection is a group of soft shades and You Callin’ Me a Lyre? is a sheer pink with a touch of peach. After two coats I can still see the whites of my nails. The first coat went on streaky and I found the polish to be a little on the watery side, but the polish seems to self-level at coat number two. I thought about applying a third coat for full colour saturation, but stopped at two. I really like this polish; it’s soft, sheer, creamy and very understated. It’s the perfect colour to give your nails that “your-nails-but-better” type of look. The polish dried quickly, to a high-shine and has a jelly-like finish. Will I repurchase? Probably not as I already have about a billion polishes that look the same.