October 2, 2014 | 921 users online

Eyes - Milani - Shadow Eyez 12 HR Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh. I got the white one to do my waterline and smudge in my inner corners, and neither has worked out that well. It's too fat to do my waterline without gunking onto my lower lashes, and it won't mark my inner corners without leaving little clumps. Not good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOVE these!!! I have the purple, Cafe Au Lait, bronze and a dark brown one (can't remember the name) and they are all wonderful! They don't smudge, they don't crease, they are easy to blend, they're pigmented and they apply so smooth! Unless you have VERY oily lids, I don't think a primer is needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have two of these in a matte formula-cafe au lait (light brown) and almond (beige). I mainly use them on weekends when I want a natural, 30 second eye look (I put cafe au lait in the crease and almond on my lid/brow bone and blend with my finger). I do have to use primer under as these crease easily. They are not super long wearing even under primer, but I love the smooth texture and the matte finish. They were very affordable (around five dollars each) at CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These stay and work beautifully, I never have to add any extra primer to make it pop! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh. Em. Gee. Milani has done it again- another impressive eye makeup product that is just as good as any expensive, high end brand's. I found Shadow Eyez at CVS for around $7 or 8, and well--I need more eye makeup like Homer Simpson needs another donut: I don't need any more (just as Homer doesn't need another donut), but it's hard to resist (Well, nom nom nom - as Homer would say). Though I wouldn't say I have a crazy amount of eye makeup, I certainly have more than I need (don't we all, ladies?), especially nudes- eyeshadows and eyeliners.

So I went in and bought not one of these babies, but two-- Almond Cream and Royal Purple. I ended up returning Royal Purple because it didn't look flattering on my NC 35 (warm medium) skin tone - it's more on the reddish side, while I look better with more plummy purples. I exchanged it for Espresso Line instead- which I adore. Almond Cream is a nude beige that makes a great base and brow bone highlighting shade. Espresso Line is a deep, rich dark brown that I use on the lower lash line- not as dark and stark as black, but a good, dark liner. Now-- that was the first purchase. The second time (I know, I know...) I bought the Black Ink and Champagne Shimmer Shades. Black is a deep dark midnight black that works great as a lower lash liner (these pencils are thick so I hesitate to use it on my upper lash line). Champagne Shimmer is very pretty--basically the same shade as UD Sin, and a great base shade to use alone or under a shimmery shadow (perfect under UD Sin, actually), and perfect to accentuate the inner corners. The great thing about all these pencils is that they apply like a dream- creamy, yet firm. Pencil perfection. And the colors don't budge- especially if applied to the lids. The darker shades that I use on my waterline do fade a tad by the end of the day, but less than with most other pencil liners, which is why I really like using them for that purpose. So now I have four of these-- my collection is complete as I don't feel like I want to use the other shades. I recommend these for anyone looking for a fat pencil shadow/liner--these work wonderfully and cost a fraction of high end brands. HG for sure.

*Update (5/3/14): I still love these as much as ever-- I just went to CVS to make a return, and saw there was a buy-1-get-1 50% off on cosmetics, so I grabbed yet another Shadow Eyez in Cafe au Lait, and a dual highlighter pencil (which I LOVE and have also reviewed on MUA). Cafe au Lait is simple but fabulous- a medium, cool toned brown that can be used all over the lid, or as I prefer, on the crease. It's creamy and blendable, and this shade is very wearable for all occasions. I don't usually collect numerous shades of the same makeup product, but I really like these and use them all the time. It's safe to say that at 5 Shadow Eyez my collection is indeed complete!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the naturally chic colors in black ink, espresso line, cafe au lait, and almond cream.

I am half and half about these pencils. In general, they all have great pigmentation and they dry fast. BUT! They don't last without a primer so I can't use these as an eyeshadow base. (I have oily lids.) It can go for three hours and then it'll start to crease and disappear over the fourth hour. When I use a primer, it wouldn't even glide and smudge Because it dries too fast. I end up tugging my lids and having splotchy, cakey eye color.

Don't worry, it's not all bad. These are great as eyeliners! I use a liner brush for precise application. They stay all day, (with primer).

I would love it more if it came in a twist pen. So much waste when sharpening. But for the price, this is fair. Probably won't buy again unless they come up with a slim pencil version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Brown Deluxe at Walgreens (they were having a holiday sale so it was only $2!), which is really more of a bronze, but it's okay because it's so gorgeous. It's really creamy when first applied, but when it starts to dry it's easier to work with and blends nicely. I definitely want to buy more shades of this, especially with the amazing payoff and long-lasting color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Almond Cream.

I have tried all sorts of jumbo pencils as bases but have never been overly impressed with any of them. However, I have used Almond Cream every day since I've got it. It is the perfect base for a neutral eye. A few swipes from the pencil on each eye, blend it out a bit, and I'm ready for any daytime shadow. It's creamy, easy to work with, and once set with a powder, I've had no issues with creasing.

I really wish it wasn't a limited edition shade. I should have bought a few more of them! But I believe Milani's sister company Jordana has come out with an almond one that I'll have to stock up on

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up the Shadow Eyez in Winter White to use a base for my other shadows. For the most part, I'm content with this, though I probably wouldn't repurchase. It's true that you can't really layer it very well - it tends to cake up and get a bit clumpy. A single application or two is about all that will work. The Winter White does show up nicely on my eyelid, though.

I'll probably try one of the Sephora ones or something completely different next time, but I'll definitely use the remainder of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by starlightcity

I bought Champagne Toast and it is a very pretty color all year round, but since I am fair I only use it on my lid and NOT as a highlighter. However, it WILL get crepey if you apply too much (obviously) and after the layer has dried, so it's not too buildable. Make sure that your Shadow Eyez pencil is always tightly capped and be careful with the cap because mine broke after a few uses. Otherwise, the pencil will dry up and get hard as a rock. I tossed my Shadow Eyez because it wouldn't twist or I couldn't sharpen it, I couldn't replace the cap, and the wood was scratching my eye more than eyeshadow was transferring.

By the way, to confirm, the Shadow Eyez are EXACTLY like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencils. Their ingredients are 100% identical and I'm pretty sure that the colors are at least near-perfect dupes. For example, Champagne Toast = Sin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No