December 20, 2014 | 1255 users online

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

(Original review 12/10/2014 then update edit is below):

I changed up my skincare this year and currently am giving this product a chance. Expect several updates from me as I do not have a bullet proof verdict yet. Skincare products can be tricky.

Background on my skin: NC10, very oily, very acne prone, rosacea.

I bought this because I recently discovered my love for lactic acid. I have used most of the other acids out there (glycolic, mandelic, ect) & this is the best one suited for my skintype. It is a lot more gentle than glycolic acid. After I began using a lactic acid toner (Silk Naturals...which I love) I noticed my skin was a lot less red. Lactic acid is mild and won't over exfoliate your skin.

While I do love the Silk Naturals toner, I wanted to give St Ive's version a try because of it's moisturizing properties. My skin is oily, but with winter rolling in & the constant change of my skincare routine, I was starting to get a dehydrated barrier. Besides, this product is only about $5. It really can't hurt to try.

I will be upfront and mention there are a few ingredients in this that worry me. The vitamin e, along with extracts, spell disaster for my skin's acne. However...so far so good, I have not broken out yet. One other flaw of these pads is that they leave a tacky film on the skin. I probably won't risk using these during the summer time. But for the time being, I am very pleased with this cheap thrill.

I will update.

12/18/2014:

It's been 8 days of usage and I stopped about 4 nights ago. As I suspected, the tacky film it left on my skin (most likely from the vitamin e oil) clogged my pores. I experienced a pretty horrible break out, which is now being cleared up with Silk Naturals AHA toner I raved about above. Obviously St Ives won't be replacing it. Haha.

With that being said - if you have dry skin *or* if you personally do not get clogged pores from vitamin e oil, go for it. This is still a great product in my eyes, as the ingredient list is well formulated & St Ives is dirt cheap. However.....I know my skin too well to continue abusing it. Vitamin e oil is always going to be an acne trigger for me. Perhaps it's time I accept that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are lovely especially if you have textural problems with your skin and/or if a lot of other over-the-counter acne products haven't done the trick. They contain lactic acid which is gentler and an AHA (instead of a BHA) so you do want to regularly wear sunscreen. They obviously don't give as dramatic results as a chemical peel, but there is still a noticeable difference between when I'm using them and when I'm not.

They do have a very strong fruit smell and it can be difficult to separate individual pads but the smell is only really strong while you're wiping the pad across your face. I think I've more or less gotten the hang of separating them and have used up two jars It can also be difficult to locate them in-store and I ordered off Amazon.

I personally won't be repurchasing as I'm ready for and have moved onto a stronger AHA product but these were a great easy-to-use starter option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I like these! very gentle can be used everyday or twice a day, no nasty alcohol and they work. The only downside is that it is very mild so good for sensitive skins. I would love these to be stronger but this is the only peel that I have come across that I can use on a daily basis, cheap as chips, good size, fully saturates. Give these a go and give it a week or two since they could take a little time to show. My skin is smoother and pores are clearer, just wait 5 min for it to sink in since all acid products need some penetration time to work best prior to applying moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This caught my eye at the grocery store a few months ago, and it was cheap - on sale for $3.99 for 60 pads (Reg about $5 USD) which has lasted me almost two months. I've been using it almost daily rotating with other AHA products.

This is 2nd only to my other favourite AHA's (Avene Cleanance K & Alpha Hydrox or PC's - which are leave on glycolic acid creams or gels and I do notice a *more* significant difference using them). However - sometimes when I'm in a rush or do not want to use a leave-on lotion/gel product this is perfect because you just swipe them on like toner and then I wait 2 minutes before applying lotion. They are lactic acid based and do sting a slight bit the first few times but only for half a second, they are not as strong as some of the other stuff I use, but still do provide all the typical benefits I see with using AHA's: smoother, softer skin, helps with clogged pores (for me, others prefer BHA) and more even-toned skin. AHA's have also made a HUGE difference in the appearance of my neck, which was dry and dull - now my neck matches the smoothness and glowiness of my face - no flakes, no patchy looking skin.

The only cons for me are the scent and the lemon and orange extracts which tend to make my skin react but I haven't had any problems with this. The scent does tend to linger for a bit, even after it's dried on my skin and I've applied my cream - although it's not extremely unpleasant, sort of fruity/citrus-y but for me, I would prefer no scent or at least something that is mild and fades fast.

Overall this is a great option if you are looking for a chemical exfoliant at a very reasonable price, and each pad is saturated with enough liquid that I can use one to do my face and neck. I would definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by abigailrw

Cheap and effective. My skin can't really handle heavy exfoliation--I break out when I try to use BHAs or glycolic acid--but these work perfectly. I use one every night before bed, wait for it to dry, and then apply moisturizer, and my skin has never looked so smooth. Definitely recommended, especially for those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by weeble2491

Love this stuff! Its a great, gentle exfoliator that doesn't dry out or irritate my sensitive skin. I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin since I've started using these scrubs. Just one word of caution, the active ingredients in this stuff can make your skin sensitive to the sun, so use them at night to avoid problems.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These did basically nothing. Hard to separate each pad off the other , thin, and saw no effect at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These little pads are amazing. I only use one a day as opposed to two. I have sensitive skin and one a day is perfect for me & have had no problems. I use them after I cleanse my face and then put on my Burst Bee's sensitive face lotion on my acne free areas and then my Clean & Clear Advantage oil absorbing treatment on my chin/jawline. My acne is hormonal and I have been told that break outs around the mouth and chin are indeed hormonal. My skin with this exact system has improved drastically. My daughter just tonight told me how good my skin looks. I haven't heard that in forever!
These are only five dollars for 60 and the pads are very saturated with product. My skin has less flakies and my foundation goes on nice and smooth. These can be hard to find. I looked online and my Target said there was a limited supply. I flew down there and there was one jar left! I swiped them up fast and will def re stock when I find more. Thanks St.Ives for such an amazing product at such an affordable price!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Benjamin5412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This unique chemical exfoliating pad worked amazing for my skin. It contains a few fruit acids in it to deeply exfoliate and cleanse the skin. It is a very refreshing product, I really do love it! It claims to be used twice a day which I follow and my skin feels and looks soft and smooth after each use. I will be continuing to repurchase. It is a really good product, try it out and see what it does for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dididi8318

I have been wiping my face with these pads once or twice a day for about a couple of months now and I definitely plan on continuing to do so. They are gentle, but make a difference. It keeps my skin smooth and I personally love the smell. I believe they help me as far as breaking out less and overall they have helped the overall quality of my skin. They do exfoliate as promised. I will probably buy this product as long as they are available.