August 29, 2014 | 1700 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bliss Labs - Lemon & Sage Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recieved this for a gift. I love the smell - citris is "my thing". It was just a "meh" moisturizer. You are paying for a name here. I really don't like rubbing all that frangrance all over my body. I would rather use perfume in a few key places.

Would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish this would have worked out for me, but the scent is kind of boring, nothing exciting & the smell does not linger (which I like lingering lotions!). The lotion does go on very smooth and for about 30 seconds actually feels heavenly and you think for a moment, oh my this may be great....until of course after that 30 seconds it feels you need to put more on over the top where you just did! It was not moisturizing for me at all, so overpriced hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this. The beat bodybutter i have ever tried. Sinks in very quickly and smells wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

Great moisturiser.
In theory, the smell is totallyyyyy not my thing at all (I hate hate hate citrus / "fresh" smells) but in reality I really love the smell - so if you think Lemon and Sage doesn't sound like your thing - give it a good old sniff and you might change your mind!

This stuff is really good - it does a great job but it just isn't good enough to justify the price. Other products out there can to a similar job and are less expensive so you don't have to feel precious about slathering a load on!

So all in all it is great - but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it above other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Spindelsven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the scent, I love the formula and it suits my dry skin. BUT! It's too expensive regarding that you need a whole lot of product to cover your body. I mean, you need so much! If you just went out of the shower and are a little moist it's ok, but when you're completely dry you need too much to make it worth the money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The lemon & sage scent is quite lovely. It does not smell fake nor is it too strong. The body butter is more of a lotion consistency. It is an average moisturizer. It does not hydrate my skin better than Aveeno or Curel, which are much cheaper than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by annex1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is very thick, has a nice scent, very moisturizing, not greasy,has a convenient packaging, is soothing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all, this smells amazing (if you like lemon scents of course). I was quite surprised at the texture since it is called a body butter, yet it was more like a whip. It is very light and airy. However, it does apply and perform like a body butter. It is very moisturizing, absorbs well, yet is not greasy. I am very pleased with this product and would definitely repurchase. As a bonus, its paraben free.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Bagbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it because its paraben free, but quite honestly it's not that spectacular. It goes on like any normal lotion in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really thrilled for finally having the chance of trying this product, and getting to know what all the fuss on beauty blogs was about.
It took me a bit of time to find a good opportunity for purchasing it - the price is a bit high - but recently I've discovered an exclusive promotion at an online store that included a small tube (50 ml.) of this body butter.

The texture was a good surprise: since it is called a "butter", I was expecting something more thick and hard to spread. Instead, its consistency resembles a lotion, without compromising on the amount of moist, which is remarkable for such a lightweight cream. The scent is very pleasant too, not at all predictable. Most of the citrusy and fruity fragrances tend to smell too artificial (like lemon candy instead of fresh lemons), however this one is a fine exception to the rule. It is light, delightful and reminds me of my mum's lemon pies made with freshly squeezed lemons - sweet yet subtle and comforting. It absorbs very quickly and the smell is not overpowering, so it won't clash with your fragrance like some moisturizers do.

Now, the veredict: is it worth the money? Considering that the big tube costs more than 10 euros, I don't think so. Although it is being a pleasant experience, I'm happy that I had the chance of trying a small and cheap sample first. You can find products with this quality for a much lower price in your local drugstore and probably regret the money you spent for this pretty average performance.