October 1, 2014 | 1089 users online

Shampoo - The Body Shop - Rainforest Volumizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by andreeadriana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After the disastrous experience I had with Kiehl's Aminoacid shampoo which left me with limp, coarse and dull hair I wanted to try anything so I grabbed this product. So far it's been a very pleasant surprise: my hair is baby soft, clean and I can't believe how shiny it is. I almost didn't dare to try it after I read all the negative reviews, but I'm glad I did. It doesn't add much volume but at least it smells amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AmberAnne

This shampoo definitely does add volume, and it smells pretty good - but it can cause buildup. I will probably be using it for the days when I want that extra oomph, but clarifying on the next day. It doesn't suds up as much as sulfate-based shampoos, but that's to be expected. Still does a good job of cleansing the hair, but it adds too much of its own "volume" back, and that makes hair harder to brush/run fingers through.

Oh, also, I have no idea if this is related, by my hair gets more static-y when I use this. Might be a coincidence, might not be.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst shampoos I have ever used, hands down. I bought this along with the conditioner (which also sucks) because of a deal The Body Shop was having. Man, am I disappointed.

At first, I really liked it because my hair felt silky and clean, but after about half a day, it was flat, oily and disgusting. I thought maybe I should give it a few weeks so my scalp could get used to the new shampoo...no. Not only does it not volumize worth a crap, it actually makes my hair flatter, even if I blow dry it. I have long, straight hair with thin strands and this shampoo did absolutely nothing for volume or body. I tried salvaging my hair a couple times with dry shampoo (I tried on separate occasions the following: Klorane, Batiste, Tresemme) and it did not play well. *shudder*

Suffice it to say I will never buy this again or recommend it to anyone. It gets two stars for being better than nothing (barely) and smelling amazing. Otherwise, PASS.