The Body Shop Rainforest Volumizing Shampoo

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate (Surfactant), Lauryl Betaine (Surfactant), Honey (Natural Additive), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate (Surfactant), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Glycerin (Humectant), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isopropyl Alcohol (Solvent), Polyquaternium-6 (Conditioner), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract (Natural Additive), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After the disastrous experience I had with Kiehl's Aminoacid shampoo which left me with limp, coarse and dull hair I wanted to try anything so I grabbed this product. So far it's been a very pleasant surprise: my hair is baby soft, clean and I can't believe how shiny it is. I almost didn't dare to try it after I read all the negative reviews, but I'm glad I did. It doesn't add much volume but at least it smells amazing.

on 4/8/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo definitely does add volume, and it smells pretty good - but it can cause buildup. I will probably be using it for the days when I want that extra oomph, but clarifying on the next day. It doesn't suds up as much as sulfate-based shampoos, but that's to be expected. Still does a good job of cleansing the hair, but it adds too much of its own "volume" back, and that makes hair harder to brush/run fingers through.

Oh, also, I have no idea if this is related, by my hair gets more static-y when I use this. Might be a coincidence, might not be.

One of the worst shampoos I have ever used, hands down. I bought this along with the conditioner (which also sucks) because of a deal The Body Shop was having. Man, am I disappointed.

At first, I really liked it because my hair felt silky and clean, but after about half a day, it was flat, oily and disgusting. I thought maybe I should give it a few weeks so my scalp could get used to the new shampoo...no. Not only does it not volumize worth a crap, it actually makes my hair flatter, even if I blow dry it. I have long, straight hair with thin strands and this shampoo did absolutely nothing for volume or body. I tried salvaging my hair a couple times with dry shampoo (I tried on separate occasions the following: Klorane, Batiste, Tresemme) and it did not play well. *shudder*

Suffice it to say I will never buy this again or recommend it to anyone. It gets two stars for being better than nothing (barely) and smelling amazing. Otherwise, PASS.

Popular Shampoos