April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Hair - Got 2 Be - Shine

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by blueelf

Yeah, I got this product off a friend a year ago and it doesn't do what it promises to do. There isn't any increase in the shine of my hair. Perhaps only a teeny bit that no one would notice, that isn't worth paying money for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I wouldn't use this on my "regular" hair (explanation to follow). The shine is very nice and natural, but it does have a lot of alcohol and leaves the hair dry. However, when using it for special occasions or updos, this stuff is amazing! I have to wear my hair up for my job (military), so I usually do a sleek chignon, and then I spray this all over. It makes my hair look so much shinier and helps keep the frizzies at bay. I have also used it on my hair before attending formal events, and it definitely adds a nice sheen and smooth quality to the updo. Because of my split review, I gave it a three. I think it's great for special events, but not for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by amyl715

Wanted a cheap easy shine...unfortunately I didn't get it with this. Smell didn't bother me, it went away, but it really did nothing for my hair and the only upside I can see is that it didn't make it feel overloaded with product or greasy looking. It just does nothing. Like spraying water on my already wet hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Kath0027

well, let's just say - the shine lasted about as long as it took to spray on my hair. I don't know why, but I expected more from this product. I pitched it after a few tries. Either shine products get absored by my hair after a few minutes or it leaves it way too greasy - which is a miracle with my dry hair.

"Hask" Pure Shine is the best!!!!! Thank goodness I like something reasonably priced. Buy this instead!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jesusforbuddha

This stuff keeps your hair shiny for about 2 hours. It's very drying, also. If you have thick, oily hair then this is the product for you -- it'll give you shine and keep away frizz.. but for anyone with damaged hair (the hair that needs shine!) steer clear of this. It's too drying and the shine is gone in a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lovestuck

it really doesn't do much. when i first sprayed it i smelled alcohol. and the shine is the same as if i used a little more of the straightening balm. still... i wouldn't wanna put alcohol in my hair, which is what i think it basically is.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by celicacutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my fourth bottle of this stuff. I love it! Maybe it just doesn't work for some, but it does just fine for me. Unlike most shine sprays, this product doesn't leave the hair feeling greasy and weighed down. It's the perfect addition to curling products because it helps battle the frizz. I even use it when just styling straight. Just adds sheen! I love it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2004 6:44:00 AM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoever titles this sure screwed up cause it's not just called Shine! It's dazzling Shine Spray. Too bad we can't correct incorrect titles and instead have to create whole new review listings. Anyhow, to the point... Got this in a swap luckily and will not re-purchase. Doesn't add much shine at all and what it does add doesn't last more than 15 miin or so. Kinda pointless. I do not mind the smell. It's not a bad smell though it is pure alcohol. Smells like any alcohol based hairspray, but in just spritzing it almost has a honeydew melon undertone. It's only when you over spary or spell directly from bottle that you smell the alcohol. I know there's natural ways to make a hair shine spritz which contain ingredients such as lemon and/or beer. Just type natural hair shine receipes or somethign to that extent to find the different options in basic online search. Lemon is best for blondes especially if you're a sun whore cause sun in combo w/ lemon helps lighten hair so unless you want highlites or an overall lighter mane you shoudl use a lemonless recipe :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2003 6:20:00 AM More reviews by alicecrybaby

I didn't like this at all:smells and feels like alcohol, dries out my hair(even though the initial result is nice shine), and just does bad things to my hair. It's cheap,so not a big loss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this like a 3.5 lippies. It's not the best shining product I've used but it's pretty good, and to me it smells alot like watermelon but maybe I'm crazy! I would buy this again because it's cheap and it does a pretty good job.