September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eye Primer - Tarte - Smooth Operatorô Amazonian clay waterproof shadow primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I find this to be a pretty effective eye primer. The trick is not to layer too much on, otherwise there is a tendency to get creased. I usually swipe this over my eyelid a couple times and blend it in with my fingers. It does a good job of extending the life of my eyeshadow through my long workdays. I would repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst I've tried for eye primers. I think the biggest thing I don't like about it is if dries uneven, you can't do anything about and you see marks of it being uneven. It is hard to tell when applying to avoid this. It is also pink and changes the shades of some colors applied on top, too. It also can dry too thick where my eyeliner goes and makes that a wreck as well. Also, it dries so fast that shadow doesn't seem to grab onto the eye but blow off of it. More shadow stays on that using this with it. This is awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A few months ago I received a sample size of this along with an order I purchased for Tarte online. I haven't ran out yet, because I have been using it sparingly, but today I bought the full size. You don't need much product anyway to get the most amazing effect.
I have been searching for a drugstore dupe of this product and there just isn't anything else like it on the market.
If you have oily lids, under-eye,fine-line or lid creasing, watery eyes, or smudging / smearing / running of eye shadow / liner / mascara...This is made for you.
I have Oily skin and lids, with sensitive eyes that are very watery. I also wear glasses. Now, what I do with this is after I moisturize, I place a small dab of this on my lids, under my eyes in the darkest spot on my dark circles and were my glasses sit on my face and tap it out with my finger. Also, I suggest doing one area at a time and blend because this stuff dries fast and then doesn't budge. The pink-y tone of the base makes it awesome for correcting any veins on lids and under eye darkness but has never made me look ashy. It keeps my all my eye makeup and concealer crease and smudge free all day. It smooths out the texture of the skin so well that everything goes on top of it 5 times easier. TF-SS and UD-PP cant hold a candle to what this can do.
You get the point. I highly recommend it!
This product was send from heaven! I never want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I love the fact that I can actually see how much product is left in the tube since so many other brands are not in clear containers. This is rather thick so a light hand is necessary upon application. Apply too much and definitely expect some creasing. I found out the hard way and my lids looked a hot spanking mess after four hours. Overall this is a pretty good primer and I actually love it over my HG Urban Decay eye primer. Will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I received this as part of a value set. It is not up to the usual standard of Tarte's Amazonian Clay-based products. The only good things about it is that it smells nice and applies smoothly. It's not as sheer as I'd like, resembling a matte pale shadow when worn alone. It only lasted for 4 or 5 hours before it started to fail and creases appeared. It was as though I didn't even have any primer on. Tarte's Clean Slate 12 Hour Eye primer is a far better product, so if you're going to buy a Tarte primer, skip this one and get the Clean Slate instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by catwomanls

This is my HG of eyelid primer. I have very fair skin and as I have aged, my eyelids have darkened. It looks as if I am always wearing taupe eyeshadow. I have tried other primers but they either don't cover well or are too dark. This primer is pink tinted which covers the discoloration well. It doesn't crease and my eyeshadow lasts all day, even when chasing the kids during the humid days of summer. Tarte only offers this during the summer, so I bought two so I don't run out before next year.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by P2Rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this one star because I think if you have no line or crepe-ness to your eyelids and you like pale pink shadow this is great. I can't tell you about the wear time because I took it off immediately after application - yes, it was that bad.
I am a little older and have discolored and crepey eyelids. I agree with other reviewers that this is thick. Thick enough to cover the "tea stains" BUT it also seemed to accentuate every line on my lid. It was chalky looking and just ugh... yep... ugh.
Smashbox lid primer is still my favorite although I do like quite a few of them.
I got this as a sample and would never purchase it.
I gave PRICE and PKG QUAL "3's" because I did not purchase a full size and have no idea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer leaves a pale baby pinkish hue on the eyelid, which for me was OK, however it didn't make my eyeshadow last at all, i've tried using it w/ tarte eyeshadows and a few other brands and got the same results. My shadow would end up in my crease within a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a trial size of this with the QVC Today's Special Value in March 2012. It's rather dry and quite thick; it's also very pale and pink and it actually evens out the color of your lid; but it makes your lid pale pink in the process unless you really blend it out. I had no creasing problems at all and my shadow wore quite nicely, but I don't care for the pinkness of this stuff, nor the thickness of it. Seems like many primers are either too thick or too runny, and brother, this one's thick. if you are pink toned and don't mind the consistency, I think this works very well but you should know of the consistency issues with it.

Hth!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of a Tarte "Today's Special Value" set on QVC. I was extremely disappointed that my powder eyeshadow creased in less than 4 hours using this primer. I would not "re"purchase nor would I recommend.