September 1, 2014 | 1715 users online

Polishes - OPI - Kinky in Helsinki

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Kinky in Helsinki is a blue-based medium-toned true magenta shimmery polish. The formula on this was very good without being too runny or too gloopy and I was able to achieve total opacity and bottle color in three coats. The drying time was very quick and when finished it was SUPER shiny! With a topcoat and Seche Vite it was rock hard in 20 minutes. I was able to achieve 4 days of wear with no chipping before I took it off. While this is a very pretty color, I tend to agree with the other warm-toned reviewers in that this color seemed to clash with my light skin with slight yellow undertones and seemed almost tacky and garish on me. It may have been the brightness of the color because I normally don't have a problem with anything with blue undertones. Therefore, I would not buy this again but "might" be inclined to give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite polish. No kidding. I love this color! I just put it on last night and I've already gotten like 6 compliments on it. It's fun and bright, but not gaudy or cheap. It's a lovely deep shimmery fuchsia and would look really nice in any season, IMO. I can't imagine a skin tone this wouldn't flatter. It's very nice and I look forward to wearing it a lot! I'd even consider this as my mani color of choice on my wedding day - that's really saying a lot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To my surprise, Kinky In Helsinki is a very likeable color. At first, I thought this color makes me look cheap. But it doesn't. It's vibrant and bright. It's deep beetroot, fuchsia and a bit of purple in it. Shimmer finish and the application is very easy. I only need 2 coats to get a completey opaque coverage. It's very womanly and the color just unique and sexy. I am glad I give it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jennipenni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so THRILLED when I finally got this polish! I love the name, plus I'm very much into Finland and have traveled there several times, so really I had to have this no matter what color it was.

Pink is one of my favorite colors and this one is a shimmering, simmering fuchsia pink that looks awesome on me. It's not an obnoxiously bright pink, it's just bright. It's not gaudy at all, in my opinion.

The application was so easy, even and smooth. One coat and I was good to go -- it's *that* rich in color. Definitely one of my new faves. And the next time I'm going to Helsinki, you know what nail polish I'll be sporting!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by binkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love OPI polishes (they tend to last on me, and IN GENERAL go on easily) but this color is wrong wrong wrong for me. I am an Autumn, this color is probably best for cool skin tones. Application was good, smooth, even.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so happy because I bought this brand spanking new and unopened lacquer online for $3.25 just last week. Yay Me!

To my surprise this bottle was actually the ORIGINAL FORMULA ONE WITH THE BLACK LETTERING ON THE STICKER. Yay me!!!

I gather from the reviews and pics that this original one is a lot darker and has deeper depth... than the new ColorCopia version one.
So this is the one I am obviously gonna review now.

Let me say this first....I love and desire deep purples, plums, reds, burgandys and combined mixtures of the above.

This is an extreme dark, vivid purple, eggplant mixed with beet juice and and flashes of shimmers that are frosty.

Someone below said it perfectly when she said this is color of spilled canned beets spilled on a white tablecloth....that's a perfect description!

The color is vibrant and definitely pops out. Its perfect for nails in the fall or winter. I actually will wear this when I feel brave. No OPI is left out in my home! lol :) I do wear a crap load of deep and dark colors during the cold months here in my hometown INDY.... So it won't be out of the ordinary...its just a color I would never use up.

Now onto the consistency........This original formula rocks!! This lacquer goes on so effortlessly(as always with OPI) and only needs1-2 coats and lasts forever....OPI hardly ever lets me down.

Get you some OPIs ladies....they last and go on so smooth and effortlessly....they are worth the money even at the original company prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by plawusha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of purple colors, they look either cheap or girlish. I prefer red and burgundy nail polishes, but when I saw this in Coloroscopia collection, I decided to give it a try and I don't regret it because this nail polish is something special. It's very adult, serious kind of dark purple that goes a little plum. Shimmer in this is great. I have to put 3 coats to get this color opaque, (although it is ok with 2 coats) so I have to be carefull not to get bubbles and to wait for it to dry out. But all in all this is worthwhile for this cheerful color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Kinky in Helsinki is a nice fushsia color with purple in it. It's a mid toned pink color that is the perfect adult pink shade. It's a very sexy color that looks great on my skin tone. I can see this color looking great on all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by megwilliams

I got this color from the new LE Colorcopia collection, rather than the 2002 Fall/Winter European collection. Thus, it is new formula/brush. I fell in love w/ this color back in the winter when my sister got it at a fill-in. She wasn't enchanted w/ it, but I thought it was amazing. It's a beautiful blue-based fuschia that just glows on the nail. It's also crazy shiny, too. I'm so happy OPI brought this one back.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by MICROMIN

Kinky in Helsinki if from the European Collection for Fall/Winter 2002. This colour is a yummy Cool toned Fuchsia/Magenta looks exactly like it does in the bottle. It seems to have a very fine micro shimmer throughout the polish.
As this is one of the old OPI colours it has the old formula which I just luuurve! The application of this polish was fantastic, it wasnít streaky and after 2 coats it was looking perfect. The lasting quality was just as good I had this polish on for a week and only removed it as it was time to change colours.
This polish is a little hard to get but totally worth searching for it. If I see another bottle at a good price I am going to grab itÖ. Its one u just donít want to run out of anytime soon. I can see myself reaching for this colour all through winter! Its sooo yummy!