December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Up to 8 HR City Proof (ALL)

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am totally underwhelmed by this lip gloss. I bought Midnight Rose,which is a beautiful color in the tube. It does not give much color to my lips, however. There is not a whole lot of pigment, which I know is more often than not the case with lip gloss. But the little bit of pigment there is wears off quite quickly. You are left with product on your lips for quite a while, but not color.

On the plus side, I did not find these to be drying at all. But I want some color, and I want the color to stay for more than half an hour.

After many tries with this, today I threw it away. I would not buy any more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, let me start this review by saying that I am REALLY picky when it comes to lip gloss. In fact, I usually hate it. It's sticky, it's messy, my hair gets stuck in it and causes it to streak it all around my mouth, and it rubs off too easily. I DON'T want to look like I have vinyl lips, I DON'T like it to be full of shimmer, and I DON'T like it when the color so rich that it looks like a lipstick. I would rather wear lipstick and not deal with the gooey hassle that is lip gloss. But I want to like lip gloss, so every now and then, I pick up a cheap one that I have never tried before.

I know this lip gloss isn't organic, or natural, or free of chemicals. But I really, really like it. I bought this gloss in Round the Clock Ruby, and it's perfect for me. The red goes on a rich color, but not too thick and rich, and it's not too sticky, and it's not shimmery. It's a nice, sheer red that gives my lips just enough color and shine to be complimentary.

Other people might not like the lack of super-duper-vinyl-lips-shine, shimmer, or rich color this gloss has, but I really love it. I wish I could find a gloss like this in an organic line. Until then, I will buy this gloss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

These are cheap, which I love, and smell fruity, which I don't mind and the colors are pretty. Problem is, they're STICKY AS ALL GET OUT! And they barely last an hour, these are called 8 hour? Fuggetaboutit!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Ncynthia27

The color i got was perpetually pink #452. This color is very nice and pigmented on the lips and the smell is fruity that doesnt bother me , but this product does not at all stay on for 8 hrs as said on the packaging.It leaves a sticky feeling on the lips which i dont like and easily comes off throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blah. I have this in the shade " #461 Coffee Break". It's a bronze copper color, pretty much like a penny. I got this when it was like 40% off at Rite-Aid, plus I had a coupon. I can't remember how much it came out to be, but it was probably less than $2. The original price I think is over $3. The color is okay, (it sort of reminds me of "Cocoalicious" by Victoria's Secret). I really don't care for this and I know that I won't get this again. It looks alright on my lips, but the smell is overwhelmingly metallic. It's hard to focus on the shade because the odor of it, and the formula is not all that great either. It's not super sticky, but I can feel the gloss on my lips, and I love those creamy kind of glosses that I can't really feel, because they're so smooth and subtle. I can't say whether it truly lasts as long as up to 8 hours as it claims, because I was so ready to wipe it off. I could no longer tolerate the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Lexiwow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Cherry Ever After. The gloss does not last much longer than other glosses. HOWEVER, this particular shade is super flattering and easy to wear. I will definitely buy this gloss again and look forward to trying out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover33

I love this lip gloss. I find that nyc lip glosses are very good quality, with a very cheap price. I have everlasting blossom, and this gives a very natural light pink look, which I absolutely love. I will definitely buy more of these lip glosses. They are very inexpensive, so I suggest you give them a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to buy this lipgloss from this line, very moisurising, I baught a pinkish-whitish colour, and it has like a magical almost a fantasy like finishing touches. it rocks and I also own cofee break a nice frosted-bronze brown nice colour as well very good quantity and quality, no weard smells and not too thick, and I guess that to honestly say that really really I'm actually more of a higher-end lipstick and lipgloss girl, like Clinique and MAC, but this work, hey what can I say, good deal here, perfect drugstore lipglosses. NYC makes goof stuff with lip products named after intresting city places and streets names.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by SWilisons

I got this in Blush Forever. I'm super pale and it didn't show up on me at all. Also the flavor was way too citrus-y for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG combo for younger looking lips is. NYC "Blush" over WnW "Bare It All" Matte lipstick. For references, dark brown highlighted hair and NW 20, green eyes. Most "nudes' seem to make me look dead.But this gloss is shiny, adds some glossy warmth to a nude lipstick and creates a 3D effect so my lips look bigger.
It lasts longer than any other gloss I have tried without feathering, so thats a big plus.