Skinfood Gold Caviar Nutrition Mask (Wrinkle Care)

3.5

on 9/19/2012 1:54:00 AM

This mask is OK at best. I like the Skinfood Royal Honey Mask better for its calming, smoothing & hydrating effects, which I expected to be better from Gold Caviar. The mask is emollient but no world changing results for me. I use it at night as sleeping pack (as suggested from a blogger that supposedly got the info from Skinfood salesperson) after I use Gold Caviar toner,essence, serum & emulsion. This mask seems to sit on the skin only, when my face touches the pillow, the mask is wiped off leaving skin with no emollient feeling at all. Even I leave it for 30mins or so before I lay down to bed (thinking it seeped some in the skin), as soon as pillow touch my face it's getting wiped off leaving no mask left. I guess it's best used as washed off & not as sleeping mask. The entire Gold Caviar line is good for prevention but will not plump skin nor erase fine lines. The caviar name sounds luxurious and I though it would really work as anti-aging line. I'm not repurchasing.

on 3/26/2012 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I received a sample of this when my purchase and I have to say, I am extremely tempted to purchase the full size! I read online the sample was good enough for 2-3 uses, but I slapped on the whole packet for one mask treatment. Left it on for 20mins, then rinsed off. No significant bad scent, it was a rich consistency. Skin felt smooth, I wouldn't say glowing or anything dramatic but the weirdest thing was, after rinsing off the mask, I followed up with toner and was amazed at how fast my toner absorbed into the skin! I felt like, this mask really prepped my skin well for the following skincare steps. Caviar is rich in omega oils, tho I'm not sure about the "gold" but the omega is enough to hook me!

Popular Masks