January 26, 2015 | 2122 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Herbalism

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:31:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this stuff. It's a great exfoliant for every day use that doesn't scratch the Hell out of your face when used repeatedly. I like the smell because I am an urban hippie cliche and make my own kombucha etc, so I'm pretty on top of vinegar. I like the organic consistency. I like that it's natural. It controls oily skin. All good.

However, after using it my face still has dry patches on it that I can rub off with my fingers (I'm using Vanishing Cream as a moisturizer and EL Advanced Night Repair as a serum/moisturizer). For that reason I'm going to stick to something chemical to slough off the dead skin at least once a day. Estee Lauder Nutritious has been a silver bullet for me on this one lately. Too bad they test on animals...Sorry, nature.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 9:26:00 PM More reviews by togechikku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It has taken me years to find but I have finally found something that works for my combination skin. I had previously been using a cleanser by Simple and while this was good, it tended to leave my skin very shiny, which wasn't ideal.

This product has reduced the oiliness of my skin and contains a light exfoliant (which I'm pretty sure is almond so I wouldn't recommend this to nut allergy sufferers) however it does not over-cleanse or over-exfoliate so does not dry out the dry bits of my face. I have not been using the product for long so there are still some stubborn bits of bad skin that're yet to 100% clear up, but I have noticed that my skin in general looks healthier and more glowing.

As the recipe contains vinegar this product does smell a little acidic, which I really like but I can understand how this really wouldn't be to everyone's taste. The fact that it is a solid cleanser may also be a little off-putting to some, though you apply it very similarly to a face mask.

I would definitely suggest picking up a sample pot of this, I managed to get around three uses from the free pot I was given, so despite this being a little more expensive than things I would normally buy I do think it'll end up cheaper as it'll last me so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is quite honestly a miracle product for myself. When I first moved to Florida, I had moved from Colorado, where the air is a lot drier. When I exposed my skin to the humidity, it went on a little rampage and broke out for a solid two months. There was nothing I could do about it. I had to switch my face cleansers multiple times and stop wearing makeup.

Well, I went into Lush with a friend one day and a worker recommended this to me. I used it that night, and I wish I could say I was exaggerating, when I woke up the next day, all of my breakouts had gone down tremendously/were gone completely.

Using this product is a bit weird, though. It's in a solid form, and you have to mix the tiniest bit of water with it to make a paste. I would recommend removing your makeup completely before using this as well, as it does not remove makeup.

It has a very herbal smell and it is not the best, but for what this product does, it is worth dealing with.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by NorahLillian

I quite like the Herbalism facial cleanser and will definitely be repurchasing!
I use this as a morning cleanser - I have used it at night but I don't really trust it to remove leftover makeup. That said, it leaves skin feeling clean without over-drying and is a mild exfoliant. At first I wasn't a fan of the smell but I did grow to enjoy it! It can be messy at first but once I got the right ratio of water to product down there was much less waste.
A great morning cleanser for oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by 0Surayya0

I actually loved the smell of thus product. Really wanted to like it! Used it for two weeks, and sadly my acne only got worse. I had many large, painful zits crop up and tons of small bumps appear on my face before I decided to call it quits. I decided to use it instead as a body scrub and that was fine.. but it clogged my drain!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by beccaduncan23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could say that I love this.. and I do.. but I hate the formation. If it was a liquid, I would be in heaven! it's too hard to apply, which I absolutely hate. I drop half the product on the floor whilst using it. I dont think it is worth the money for a product I'm not entirety happy with.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 3 weeks. After 3 days of using this, my skin started to clear up. Not sure if it has helped with reducing the oil on my t-zone. I follow this with the tea tree water and vanishing cream. I might go back to the store and try out another cleanser. A trick I found to work with this type of cleanser is to use a tiny spoon or spatula. I have one from an ice cream shop when they give you a sample. You can also control how much water you add to make the paste.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lucieeeliu

i did not like this product. it did nothing at all for my skin and it clogs the drain whether im in the shower or washing my face at the sink and it's annoying to clean up. also the smell is terrible, its smeels like some sort of sour dough-like thing. disgusting. and me being the stupid one bought the pot with the most amount of product in it and now idk what to do with it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

MY absolute favourite face cleanser from LUSH, it really caters to blemish prone-oily skin & does what it claims to do. It claims to balance out oil & control blemishes. The great thing about these cleansers is that although they are exfoliating, they are okay to use everyday because they're so gentle. I love the texture of this cleanser, it is not too harsh on the skin & because of the texture you know it is really cleaning your skin from all that makeup during the day. This is perfect for avid foundation users. I usually use this cleanser along with LUSH's tea tree toner & Imperialis, and i kid you not, matte & clear skin ALL summer long (except for when i'm on time of the month of course). Even if I don't use these two other products, Herbalism is great by itself. You will notice less acne/pimples & less oily skin. It also lasts you a very long time since you only need about a dime size, mine lasts be 3 months & I even share with my mom and sister. My only issues with it is it's colour, horrible unpleasant green colour lol, & the smell. It smells similar to vinegar or pickles! But don't worry, your face won't be stained green or smell like vinegar all day/night. This Beats Angels on Bare Skin in my opinion (LUSH's best seller) & I will continue to repurchase. Overall, best LUSH cleanser that clears up skin & targets oiliness. I recommend to anyone with combo problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlusterxo

Me and my boyfriend are on our fifth tub now, this product is amazing!

I've had problem skin since about the age of 13 and never found anything that helped, a friend recommended this to me and I've never looked back! My skin has improved massively, breakouts are incredibly rare and the redness has gone down. It leaves my skin feeling baby soft and gives it a nice glow! My skin is incredibly dry, but i find it helps restore moisture. My boyfriend also uses this product, his skin is oily, but it works for him and has calmed his acne down a lot and balanced out his oils.

Another thing I love about lush products is that the pots are recyclable, they may not be the most beautiful packaging, but I find some satisfaction in knowing I'm doing my bit for the planet!