LUSH Herbalism

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this a while ago, liked it generally, nothing spectacular but pretty good. I liked the smell actually and performance wasn't bad. Repurchased and it reeked of vinegar, seriously smelled expired, felt hard and crusty. I went to exchange it for a new tub and they all smelled funky unlike the one I initially purchased! So I exchanged it for Angels on bare skin which performs and smells way better, get that instead! I don't know why this one was different but I didn't like it and for the price, i don't want my face to smell like vinegar afterwards.

on 7/18/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used it for the first time yesterday, and it smelled DISGUSTING. But it's really moisturizing and makes your skin soft and smooth, and doesn't strip it from its natural oils. I'll use it for a month and if i like it i'll update.

on 7/15/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm currently testing out Herbalism after trying and LOVING Angels On Bare Skin. While Angels helped soothe current breakouts, it didn't really help them too much for me. As a result, I've been using Herbalism in the hope that it would be more effective than Angels in helping to heal current breakouts and prevent the skin from future breakouts.

Pros:
- I feel like it does help alleviate current breakouts and somewhat helps prevent future breakouts - does a little bit of a better job at this than Angels
- Skin feels clean and refreshed after usage, as with Angels
- Herbalism is supposedly targeted for oily skin, but unlike many mainstream cleansers targeted for oily skin, this doesn't dry or strip out the skin at all! Herbalism is actually surprisingly moisturising... but not as much as Angels
- Easier to make into a paste and spread onto the skin compared to Angels (which is more watery and harder to control for me)
- Gentle enough to use everyday

Cons:
- Doesn't brighten the skin or help with hyperpigmentation like Angels does :( my skin still looks like its dull old self after using Herbalism unlike Angels
- The smell... ugh... it's not the worst smell in the world, but it doesn't have the best smell either. But with continuous usage, you WILL get used to it! Took me two weeks to get used to it. The after smell Herbalism leaves on your hand after washing is actually the same as the after smell Angels leaves, which makes me feel more okay about the smell
- Although this doesn't bother me as much as it did upon initial usage, I wasn't impressed with how Herbalism compared to Angels in terms of making the skin feel moisturised, supple and smooth. However, Herbalism still makes my skin feel healthy and supple to touch and feel compared to every cleanser for oily/acne prone skin I've ever tried!

I've been using Herbalism for two weeks now. It's not a miracle worker for pimple prone skin concerns, but it does a pretty well job at keeping big, bad pimples at bay. It works very well in conjunction to the other skincare items I use to maintain my skin. But so does Angels, to be honest. I think after my Herbalism sample runs out, I will go back to using Angels so I can really compare which one I enjoy using more and will want to make my main facial cleanser. Overall, I'm definitely not opposed to purchasing Herbalism! I think it may be more suitable for warmer months when my skin isn't as dry but I still want a cleanser that is good for helping breakouts AND is also moisturising, but not overly moisturising.

on 7/3/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had heard tons of good reviews of this product and I thought I would give it a try. I have oily, acne prone skin and have been trying to find something to fix my hot mess of a face. I've been using it for about 3-4 weeks now and there have been no difference in my face. I still get zits/whiteheads here and there, if anything, it feels like it's just gotten worse.
The smell isn't that great, doesn't wash off make up and does nothing for my skin. My skin just feels super dry and it seems like my face creates even more oil to compensate for it.
I say get a sample, I made the mistake of buying it and it can be pretty pricey.

Update:
I realized that it actually gave me bumps instead of pimples. The bumps on my face are almost all gone now that I've stopped. Definitely not worth it.

on 7/2/2015 10:39:00 PM

First of all, I don't understand why this is labeled as a cleanser? This is definitely more of an exfoliant than a cleanser. Anyway, I've been using this every other day for a few weeks now and it does great thing for my skin!

Pros:
-really soaks up oil
-clears up small pimples and pumps
-evens skin tone
-makes skin feel fresh

Cons:
-kinda gross smell
-a bit messy

on 7/2/2015 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is oky but nothing amazing, it wount take your makeup off and will leave a huge mess in your sink, but i guess if you have sensitive skin this could be great for you as it isnt packed with chemicals, iw would buy it again if id need a face wash and woundt know what to buy

on 6/29/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My skin seems to react really weird to new products so i got a sample rather than purchasing the product, however, the sample only lasted me for 3-4 days which was not enough time to judge the effectiveness of the cleanser.

I love the dewy and soft feeling you get after using this product! It was nice to use a cleanser that was created for oily skin types that didnt leave such a bare and dry feeling on your face. The scent didn't seem to bother me and it didnt make my skin any worse, but i did not notice a change either.

on 6/28/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This was one of the first Lush products. And it did not work for me. My skin felt smooth but my break outs were morphing into something horrific. My spots and zits increased in size and I experienced quite a few eczema patches on my face. DISCLAIMER: I don't think this is a bad product. However dangerous for those with certain skin types. I should have been more sensible and not started with such a strong product. In fact my first batch of Lush products included four items and only one/two has really stuck. However when I researched a bit better and found products suited to more sensitive/combination skin rather than acne prone skin my results were a 170% better! I really love the items from the second batch.

on 5/25/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I actually think this cleanser has helped clear up my skin. My skin is oily, acne prone (mild to moderate acne and have severe breakouts on occasion) and now has dry patches due to tretinoin cream. This cleanser does not irritate or dry out my skin. Instead it soothes it, allows my skin to retain moisture, and helped clear up my face. I actually enjoy washing my face with this awesome stuff! :))

on 5/17/2015 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This cleanser is the only thing that worked on my acne. I have sensitive skin prone to redness and scarring too, but it has cleared up my skin so much, I have received a lot of comments on how much better it is lately.

I never thought this would work as well as it did, I think I have tried pretty much every drug-store acne treatment and would spend ages reading reviews for products. Up until then I had been using St Ives Blemish Control apricot scrub and a tea tree wash from The Body Shop, which weren't really doing anything, good or bad. I am so glad I bought this. It exfoliates away dry, dead skin as well, which was a total bonus.

It doesn't smell great. It smells like salt and vinegar chips? But man do I love it anyway.