LUSH Herbalism

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I adore Lush- they make awesome products that are not tested on animals. This product was a let down though. It smelled horrible, like vinegar and was weird to put on my skin. I also noticed that after using it I think there was still foundation in my pores so I don't think it even worked... I hated this cleanser. I am going to stick to Lush's Coal Face cleanser. That cleanser is awesome. This one is pretty bad in my opinion.

I love Lush but I am really disappointed with this cleanser. It smells really bad and after I used it it looked like there was still some foundation in my pores and stuff. Lush products are usually great but I really don't like this product. It also is like a weird paste... not my favorite

on 4/11/2015 10:55:00 AM

I don't know what I would do without this product!

I first purchased this product as I had been curiously sniffing the sample in store and got talking to a saleswoman there, she explained the benefits and how to use it and after all of her effort I couldn't really say no, right ?

So I forked out the 7 or so and came home with this little black tub filled with green stuff..as I'm sure many would agree, the first application was the hardest, unsure how how much I should use, how much water to apply and forcing myself to rub the strong smelling, gritty gunk on my face. But I've never looked back.

A lot of people are complaining about the smell, yes it's a bit strong and vinegary but beauty hurts people, and after struggling with a oily, acne prone t-zone for years I was willing to try anything, the smell stops affecting you after a few weeks and to be honest, I quite enjoy the fresh, natural smell now.

The product worked overnight for me, my skin looked healthier, spots were less red and my pores were smaller. I use this as part of my nightly routine (sometimes after lush-mask of magnaminty and before lush-tea trea cleanser) it also decreases oilyness on my nose and prevents big spots from cropping up with continued use

Tips for beginners-use a pound coin sized amount and pour a little water on it and squish it in until the product turns a lighter green but still holds its shape, scrub on all planes of your face as this also works as an exfoliator and wash off with cold water.

Would I buy this product again?
Well I'm already on my 3rd pot....
Just buy it, it's wonderful!

on 3/28/2015 11:11:00 AM

(I have dry, acne prone skin with hyperpigmentation and scarring.) I bought this because I thought it would even my redness and help my acne but it doesn't seem to really be changing anything with my face. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and haven't really noticed any improvement! I'm kinda sad it didn't work for me, I think I'll try Angels on Bare Skin or Ocean Salt next.

on 3/7/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I recently just started using this cleanser. I've heard great things about it and decided to try this cleanser because of my acne prone skin. I have only been using it for about 2 weeks or so now and it's ok. I am actually kind of disappointed. I thought it would help my skin a lot with the blemishes however, I feel as if it has only made my skin get more red bumps (not outrageously though). The odor is not as bad as I imagined. It is not drying on my skin. I spent about $22 on it so I will continue to use it. Like I said I've only used this product for about 2 weeks now so hopefully it gets better! Its not as great as I thought it would be but its not that bad either. Maybe its not working with my current routine so I am still switching things around seeing whats best for my skin.

on 2/21/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product, but it really didn't do anything for me. It didn't help with my moderate acne and it also didn't break me out (thankfully). I have oily, acne prone skin that is slightly sensitive. I bought herbalism after reading many reviews about how good it was for acne and the sales associate told me how it worked for her acne and how gentle it was. Unfortunately it didn't do the same for me. I was using herbalism with lush's tea tree toner, vanishing cream, and mask of magnaminty.

on 2/16/2015 5:49:00 PM

I LOVE Herbalism. My skin is super dry and sensitive, but I also suffer from really stubborn moderate to severe acne around my mouth, forehead, and jawline. As you can imagine, finding products that work is a struggle. I had been using Proactiv+ for a few months and I was just not impressed. I decided I wanted to check out some natural products, and naturally Lush came to mind. Herbalism has changed my skin. Literally within 3 days of using it my active acne had shrunk, I noticed fewer blackheads and enlarged pores, and it hadn't caused a rash or dryness. I use it with Tea Tree Water (as a spot treatment in the morning and then spritzed all over at night) and Skin Drink facial cream, and I think that I have finally found a regimen that works. Obsessed with Lush!!

on 2/10/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I had recently sent my mom into Lush to buy me more Prince Charming because I wanted another bottle. She had came home with a sample of Herbalism. At first I was hesitant because I despised the smell. It has this earthy smell to it and I LOVE sweet scents that give a lot of people a headache. Lol. So, I tried this product and I could say I absolutely LOVED it. I have tried so many things from expensive to cheap for acne prone skin. I have hormonal acne, I get acne from eating chocolate and stress. I can say that this stuff really does work for me. It doesn't dry out my skin, it closed my pores and it doesn't leave my skin with an "oily" film. I also find it to be gentle and refreshing when I place it on my face. I was amazed, I've had acne on my T-Zone that I've been struggling with for MONTHS. And this product made them incredibly small I wanted to cry because I was so happy. I've finally found something that works for me. It's gentle enough for everyday use unlike some of the masks that Lush has. Before with other cleansers I felt as though I had to continue to place proactive on my skin but now I'm completely off of it. I just use a toner from Clinique that helps my face. I'm so happy to see the improvement of my skin so quickly with such a small sample. I will be buying the biggest size when I get the chance. I've never really cared about the "organic" side that Lush has but I can tell that their products DO work. I hate this saying but "it's my holy grail product."

on 1/19/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this stuff. I like the smell because I am an urban hippie cliche and make my own kombucha etc, so I'm pretty on top of vinegar... ETA I no longer believe that it is wise to use an exfoliator every day. And most Lush stuff is not reacting well with my face. It doesn't do much on my body. I do really want to like this stuff as a scrub in theory. Just not for me.

on 1/14/2015 9:26:00 PM

It has taken me years to find but I have finally found something that works for my combination skin. I had previously been using a cleanser by Simple and while this was good, it tended to leave my skin very shiny, which wasn't ideal.

This product has reduced the oiliness of my skin and contains a light exfoliant (which I'm pretty sure is almond so I wouldn't recommend this to nut allergy sufferers) however it does not over-cleanse or over-exfoliate so does not dry out the dry bits of my face. I have not been using the product for long so there are still some stubborn bits of bad skin that're yet to 100% clear up, but I have noticed that my skin in general looks healthier and more glowing.

As the recipe contains vinegar this product does smell a little acidic, which I really like but I can understand how this really wouldn't be to everyone's taste. The fact that it is a solid cleanser may also be a little off-putting to some, though you apply it very similarly to a face mask.

I would definitely suggest picking up a sample pot of this, I managed to get around three uses from the free pot I was given, so despite this being a little more expensive than things I would normally buy I do think it'll end up cheaper as it'll last me so long.