September 17, 2014 | 1282 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Herbalism

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by beccaduncan23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could say that I love this.. and I do.. but I hate the formation. If it was a liquid, I would be in heaven! it's too hard to apply, which I absolutely hate. I drop half the product on the floor whilst using it. I dont think it is worth the money for a product I'm not entirety happy with.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by sbiringer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 3 weeks. After 3 days of using this, my skin started to clear up. Not sure if it has helped with reducing the oil on my t-zone. I follow this with the tea tree water and vanishing cream. I might go back to the store and try out another cleanser. A trick I found to work with this type of cleanser is to use a tiny spoon or spatula. I have one from an ice cream shop when they give you a sample. You can also control how much water you add to make the paste.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lucieeeliu

i did not like this product. it did nothing at all for my skin and it clogs the drain whether im in the shower or washing my face at the sink and it's annoying to clean up. also the smell is terrible, its smeels like some sort of sour dough-like thing. disgusting. and me being the stupid one bought the pot with the most amount of product in it and now idk what to do with it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

MY absolute favourite face cleanser from LUSH, it really caters to blemish prone-oily skin & does what it claims to do. It claims to balance out oil & control blemishes. The great thing about these cleansers is that although they are exfoliating, they are okay to use everyday because they're so gentle. I love the texture of this cleanser, it is not too harsh on the skin & because of the texture you know it is really cleaning your skin from all that makeup during the day. This is perfect for avid foundation users. I usually use this cleanser along with LUSH's tea tree toner & Imperialis, and i kid you not, matte & clear skin ALL summer long (except for when i'm on time of the month of course). Even if I don't use these two other products, Herbalism is great by itself. You will notice less acne/pimples & less oily skin. It also lasts you a very long time since you only need about a dime size, mine lasts be 3 months & I even share with my mom and sister. My only issues with it is it's colour, horrible unpleasant green colour lol, & the smell. It smells similar to vinegar or pickles! But don't worry, your face won't be stained green or smell like vinegar all day/night. This Beats Angels on Bare Skin in my opinion (LUSH's best seller) & I will continue to repurchase. Overall, best LUSH cleanser that clears up skin & targets oiliness. I recommend to anyone with combo problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Wanderlusterxo

Me and my boyfriend are on our fifth tub now, this product is amazing!

I've had problem skin since about the age of 13 and never found anything that helped, a friend recommended this to me and I've never looked back! My skin has improved massively, breakouts are incredibly rare and the redness has gone down. It leaves my skin feeling baby soft and gives it a nice glow! My skin is incredibly dry, but i find it helps restore moisture. My boyfriend also uses this product, his skin is oily, but it works for him and has calmed his acne down a lot and balanced out his oils.

Another thing I love about lush products is that the pots are recyclable, they may not be the most beautiful packaging, but I find some satisfaction in knowing I'm doing my bit for the planet!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This isn't a bad cleanser, it's just not a winner in my book. It's very gentle and cleanses well. I've had zero problems with it being messy and I know a lot of people complain about the price, but a little goes a long way. Literally use a pea sized amount and rub it all over your face and you're good to go. But as my skin is extremely oily and suffer from clogged pores, it just wasn't strong enough to make a big difference in my skin. Although, some people prefer something more gentle so I'd definitely try getting a sample from Lush to try it out. For me, I might try something like Dark Angels next time to combat my troublesome oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by AcapellaDitty

I am a massive fan of Lush cleansers and i bought Herbalism on a whim while i was visiting the original store in London. Initial impressions were a little dim as i wasn't over fond of the smell and i found the cleanser-to-water ratio to be a bit tricky to master but it was totally worth it in the end. Even after the first use i noticed that it had reduced the redness of a spot i had developing and left my face feeling fresh and clean.

Not my favourite cleanser but definitely worth a re-buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't necessarily dislike the product but it didn't work for me personally. I got two samples from an online Lush order and have been using it occasionally but never finding myself too fond of the results. It didn't break out or give me any big issues but it had no benefits for my skin which makes it pretty pointless really.

Like other people have been saying, I'm not big on the smell, which is an off-vinegar, and secondly it doesn't mix together as well as Angels on Bare Skin which makes a nice, milky paste. Herbalism makes more of a bulky, chalky, crumbly mess in your hand and although it does give a clean feel, the smell and texture alone are not a totally pleasant experience and I'd choose something else that feels more luxurious and nice for that price tag.

Angels on Bare Skin has a more pleasant smell and doesn't leave a film on your face like this one tends to do. Herbalism is just a bit too astringent and potent-feeling for my sensitive combination(normal and dry) skin and for the price it should do something amazing or give some sort of result. I'm not going to purchase the full-size and wouldn't really recommend it for people of my skin type, much less oily skin because of the film.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

horrible stuff. It did leave my face smooth and not dry, but unfortunately left me with cystic acne. Thank god I only got a sample of this. Sometimes it's best to use cleansers with chemicals in it if you are prone to acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lucymorrison

I am so impressed with this product. I have issues with hormonal acne on my chin and in the last year breakout on my forehead and I haven't been able to find a product that has worked. After 3 nights of using this I have noticed the biggest difference and my skin is finally beginning to clear up. Although it is not quite there yet, it is noticeably obviously that this cleanser is doing the trick. I also have no more redness which was a huge issue for me.
I'm in love.