LUSH Herbalism

3.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Aqua, urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Vinegar, Rosmannus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Oryza Satova (Rice) Bran, Gardenia Florida Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Perfume

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I struggled for years to find a great face wash that didn't make my face feel tight, irritated and dried. THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL face cleanser EVER, and I have the worst skin, dry at some places, super oily everywhere else and acne prone. The only downside is that the texture is like a gritty paste so you have to get use to it at first but other than that it's perfect. I'm probably now on my 3rd jar and I don't regret it at all since most of my acne is gone. This combine with the Lush gel ''Grease Lightning'' and the ''Tea Tree'' toner does miracle to prevent breakouts.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This cleanser really helped balance and clear up the few irregularities I have in my skin. I start with a base of Philosophy's Purity and then I put in a pea sized amount of Herbalism into the mix. It leaves my face feeling very clean, but not dry at all. I used this until my container ran out about 1 year ago and my skin was nearly perfect then (will we ever have PERFECT skin...), so I decided to splurge and buy it again.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with combination, acne-prone skin.

I got a sample of Herbalism. I have to say that it feel great on my skin. I have combination skin, normal to slightly oily in t-zone and dry every all around. This is not drying me out at all unlike Aqua Marina which is very drying in first used and sting my skin too. This one feel more clean than Angel on Bare Skin . Great cleanser will buy full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i love love love all lush products! This one worked wonders with my acne along side the tea tree water. I've struggled with acne for over 2 years and i can say it's finally clearing up. it leaves my face feeling wonderful and smooth. It's not too rough on my skin. definitely recommend this product for people with oily skin.

I've tried a bunch of Lush cleansers and this is my favourite. I usually use it in the morning because it doesn't remove makeup. It cleanses my skin without being overdrying and really helps keep my acne-prone skin under control. The smell isn't the greatest because of the vinegar but it's really not that bad.

Overall makes my skin clear, soft, and bright.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this stuff!!! I have very acne prone skin & have tried EVERYTHING to help my breakout but NOTHING worked. I never would have thought that an all natural product would work for me but I had nothing to loose, so I figured what the heck I'll give it a shot and I'm so glad I did!! I have very oily skin and this balanced my skin out very well unlike most facial cleansers that dry the skin out too much. For the smell it isn't as horrible as most people say... No it doesn't smell like flowers.. But it's not as horrible as most people make it out to be. I use this and lushs tea tree water toner both morning and night but at night I do a double cleanse to make sure all of my makeup is off, those to products together make my face feel so clean and refreshed I LOVE IT!!!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this a while ago, liked it generally, nothing spectacular but pretty good. I liked the smell actually and performance wasn't bad. Repurchased and it reeked of vinegar, seriously smelled expired, felt hard and crusty. I went to exchange it for a new tub and they all smelled funky unlike the one I initially purchased! So I exchanged it for Angels on bare skin which performs and smells way better, get that instead! I don't know why this one was different but I didn't like it and for the price, i don't want my face to smell like vinegar afterwards.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used it for the first time yesterday, and it smelled DISGUSTING. But it's really moisturizing and makes your skin soft and smooth, and doesn't strip it from its natural oils. I'll use it for a month and if i like it i'll update.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm currently testing out Herbalism after trying and LOVING Angels On Bare Skin. While Angels helped soothe current breakouts, it didn't really help them too much for me. As a result, I've been using Herbalism in the hope that it would be more effective than Angels in helping to heal current breakouts and prevent the skin from future breakouts.

Pros:
- I feel like it does help alleviate current breakouts and somewhat helps prevent future breakouts - does a little bit of a better job at this than Angels
- Skin feels clean and refreshed after usage, as with Angels
- Herbalism is supposedly targeted for oily skin, but unlike many mainstream cleansers targeted for oily skin, this doesn't dry or strip out the skin at all! Herbalism is actually surprisingly moisturising... but not as much as Angels
- Easier to make into a paste and spread onto the skin compared to Angels (which is more watery and harder to control for me)
- Gentle enough to use everyday

Cons:
- Doesn't brighten the skin or help with hyperpigmentation like Angels does :( my skin still looks like its dull old self after using Herbalism unlike Angels
- The smell... ugh... it's not the worst smell in the world, but it doesn't have the best smell either. But with continuous usage, you WILL get used to it! Took me two weeks to get used to it. The after smell Herbalism leaves on your hand after washing is actually the same as the after smell Angels leaves, which makes me feel more okay about the smell
- Although this doesn't bother me as much as it did upon initial usage, I wasn't impressed with how Herbalism compared to Angels in terms of making the skin feel moisturised, supple and smooth. However, Herbalism still makes my skin feel healthy and supple to touch and feel compared to every cleanser for oily/acne prone skin I've ever tried!

I've been using Herbalism for two weeks now. It's not a miracle worker for pimple prone skin concerns, but it does a pretty well job at keeping big, bad pimples at bay. It works very well in conjunction to the other skincare items I use to maintain my skin. But so does Angels, to be honest. I think after my Herbalism sample runs out, I will go back to using Angels so I can really compare which one I enjoy using more and will want to make my main facial cleanser. Overall, I'm definitely not opposed to purchasing Herbalism! I think it may be more suitable for warmer months when my skin isn't as dry but I still want a cleanser that is good for helping breakouts AND is also moisturising, but not overly moisturising.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I had heard tons of good reviews of this product and I thought I would give it a try. I have oily, acne prone skin and have been trying to find something to fix my hot mess of a face. I've been using it for about 3-4 weeks now and there have been no difference in my face. I still get zits/whiteheads here and there, if anything, it feels like it's just gotten worse.
The smell isn't that great, doesn't wash off make up and does nothing for my skin. My skin just feels super dry and it seems like my face creates even more oil to compensate for it.
I say get a sample, I made the mistake of buying it and it can be pretty pricey.

Update:
I realized that it actually gave me bumps instead of pimples. The bumps on my face are almost all gone now that I've stopped. Definitely not worth it.