March 3, 2015 | 1107 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Nourishing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2015 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to wait a few weeks before reviewing this because this product supposedly transforms the moisture levels in the hair over a few weeks of use. So this is week 3 and I can tell that my hair is adjusting in ways that are beneficial to my hair type which is 3C with other textures. I read a lot about the sulfate free products before purchasing because I really wanted to understand what I was using and why.

1. No sulfates means that during the washing process the hair will is not being completely stripped of its' natural oils and moisture already present in the hair strand.
2. The product instead packs moisture into the hair via essential oils and moisturizers. This way the hair is protected and can stay nice and soft without stripping it. There is also a benefit to the scalp - sulfate free products are meant to reduce dandruff by depositing those same oils into the skin on the scalp.

I have read lots of reviews here that state the hair was left stringy, overly moisturized, gummy, etc. I wonder if this is because the hair was still transitioning from being stripped by those products containing sulfates. If the hair is resistant to absorbing the sulfate free product because of the continued use of sulfates in the hair. Just a thought. Now onto the product quality and performance...

The shampoo is very thick and creamy, much more so than a regular shampoo. This feels more like a rich cream. I followed the directions which do not say how many times to shampoo, so for good measure I shampooed twice. The product seems to foam, not lather, which was fine and I was sure to rinse, rinse, rinse under warm then cool water. My hair (3C, multi-textured) hair felt moist and soft not squeaky clean, not slippery soft like with sulfated products, but the feeling of completely moisturized hair as if the my hair had absorbed as much of the product as it possible could - much like a sponge.

So yes I will continue using the is product for a few more weeks to see if my hair has fully "adjusted" or if it reaches some sort of gummy stage. My plan is to then clarify with a mild shampoo and to keep using it. It's just that good. I might also add that I have natural hair with no chemicals. It gets extremely dry in the cold months and can snap off from static and very cold air. I still used a bit of leave in conditioner to help support the ends of my hair, but feel that this step may not be necessary as the weeks go by. I still have to trim the ends and wrap the hair at night in a satin scarf to help protect it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2015 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I wanted to like this shampoo and conditioner but it made my scalp super itchy and flaky. Returned them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bink180

So after a few runs I can properly talk about this certain shampoo. I do have to agree with one of the last commentors said that it made more of my hair run out in the shower more than usual. It's not very nourishing I can tell you that. Both shampoo and conditioner just kind of leave a barrier on my hair. My hair get greasier a LOT quicker with this shampoo and I'm not too happy about this. I recommending this if you're toggling in between shampoos and you don't want to run out of your professional products as fast.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by youngwildandfreee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo makes my hair feel really nice and moisturised however the reason for only 3 stars is that it made my hair fall out more than usual. Apart from this this shampoo would be almost HG status as it lathers well, doesn't strip my hair and leaves it nourished with less frizz. I believe that this product works well because it has good research behind it (As Loreal owns Kerastase, they know how to make effective products!). If you have dry hair and your scalp isn't too sensitive go out and buy this product - you wont regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by drivewayblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not sure what's up with the negative reviews but I LOVE this shampoo! I've been using it along with the intense nourishing conditioner and I think it's great on my fine long hair! Detangles, softens my dry ends and smells DELICIOUS!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried it and gave up on it. Returned it.

This shampoo made my scalp so unbearably itchy after 1 day. I don't know if its the heavy perfume in it, or something else.

It's quite a rich and heavy shampoo. It doesn't work for my long, fine hair. The matching conditioner doesn't make my scalp itch but it DOES coat my hair and weigh it down, to the point of it annoying me with a heavy feeling on my neck!

I'm pretty much done with drugstore shampoos and conditioners at this point.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely. After reading some reviews I was expecting for this product to leave my hair waxy, dull, or weighed down. I have fine hair but a lot of it. After drying, my hair looks incredibly shiny and feels silky but without that slippery, weighed down feel. And I did not even use a conditioner... This was moisturizing enough on its own. The shampoo is so rich and creamy and lathered up really well. Normally I have to wash my long hair twice but one sudsing sufficed with this one. Plus, it smells divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Maple26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo and conditioner really made my feel soft and nourished. It's good for dry damaged hair, makes it feel so healthy and bouncy again. The downsides for me are the strong scent, it's very basil/mint or something I can't pinpoint what the smell is, and the other downside is the shampoo doesn't lather that good so you'll need to use a little more product than normal but once you got enough it makes you feel soooo nourished.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by airam1997

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It smells pleasant and it does what it promises. At least that has been my experience with this product. I was using awful Pantene shampoo/conditioner because I wanted to just do a two in one to cut back on my hair product. BIG MISTAKE. I should never have stopped using Loreal Sulfate Free shampoos. As soon as I switched back to this stuff I noticed my hair feeling and looking better. The price point is fair and it smells so good! I have thick hair so I rinse it really good after shampooing and conditioning with this stuff, as it is very creamy. Great product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

My normally fine, silky hair was dry and heat damaged, and I'd tried natural shampoos like Yes to Carrots, but they just seemed to make my hair even drier. I found a sample packet of this shampoo and the matching conditioner that I had stashed away, and decided to give it a try this morning. My hair felt softer, smoother, and shinier than it had in a long time, with no weigh-down. And the shampoo smelled amazing. It has this lovely coconut fragrance that's like summer in a bottle. Best of all, at the end of the day, my hair is still soft and smooth. Normally, I'd have to apply Garnier Triple Nutrition to my hair both morning and night, and it would feel dry again within minutes of application, but I didn't even need any oil today! I am definitely considering purchasing the full-sized tube.