April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Styling Products - CURLS Lavish Curls Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On the fence about this product. I really like what it does for my hair - it's a great moisturizer to achieve second day hair. The real problem is with the packaging (and a bit with the smell, too).
As other reviewers have noted, the product shoots out in a needle-thin stream from the sprayer. At first I thought I had a clogged sprayer, so I rinsed it with water, then i tried spraying hot water through it. That worked, and the spray became a fine mist - then as soon as I put the sprayer back in the product again, the thin stream resumed.

So obviously this product is too thick for this particular sort of sprayer. The thin stream is really annoying. It's easiest to spray the product into your hand and then apply it - but in that case I think it needs a different sort of bottle, a flip-top or something.

The smell starts out as peach but then morphs into something that reminds me vaguely of elementary school cafeteria beefaroni. I know, that sounds weird... it is.

I will probably continue to buy this product because I like what it does and it's a good price. But the packaging needs work. I like this entire line, actually. Glad it's available from Sally's, and reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

The only gripe I have with this is that the product shoots out in a stream and not as a mist or spray. I have to put the product first in my hand then apply to my hair. Besides that, I really thought it was a good product. It smells strongly of peaches/white nectarines and reactivates the products I have in my hair . I prefer to use it on dry hair, though you can use on wet hair too. It does a great job of perking up my curls and controlling frizz. It does have a high glycerine content so good for hotter days for me. Makes my hair soft without leaving a residue. I bought my bottle from Sallys but I have seen it at places like Target as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product to refresh my winter curls since I was mostly wash & go in the summer months & used water to refresh my curls daily. The water started frizzing my hair after awhile so I was excited to come across this item at Sally's. I was initially impressed for the first few days but after that I noticed it started to feel sticky & the bottle doesn't spray but it's a stream which I don't like. It no longer refreshed my curls & I started regretting this purchase. I'm returning it this week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got all excited over Sally's getting this hair product line and had my discount card so I bought this since it was cheaper than in Target to try out (it was only like a dollar and some change off, but whatever). At first I really didn't see the big deal with it. First of all it comes in a spray bottle, but the spray doesn't evenly spread to "coat" your head; it shoots out like a jet stream and you either have to spray it in your hands to apply it or just make sure you don't accidentally shoot the mirror when aiming for your head. That annoys me because the point of me buying a liquid moisturizer was to spray it on and not worrying about over-applying too much product. Second, the liquid itself is thick, which is good, but feels a bit sticky in my hands. Which, once again, I shouldn't have to worry about...because it comes in a spray bottle. Third, my hair is so thick and porous that when I scrunch it in my hair (like, three small palm fulls of it, or fifteen sprays) it sucks it up and seems like it didn't do anything to add any sort of moisture. So, when I put this in damp hair and put it in a bun so it could dry, I thought I'd picked a bum product. HOWEVER, I forgot about the "curl refresher" part. Or, rather, I'd read it and didn't care because my hair curls on its own when it's moisturized enough so I don't worry about stylers, gels, or anything where the goal is curl definition. Still though, when I shook my hair out the next day, I was surprised at how much more defined my curls were than usual. Impressed, actually. I tried this on dry hair and sopping hair and the results were the same; frizz free, soft, lovely curls. Even pieces of hair that had puffed up (I have afro textured hair) shaped instantly back into curls with a little bit of this. So, for that, I like it.

I don't know if I'm gonna rebuy it, though. It does last awhile because I've had this for a few weeks now and it's still an almost full bottle. But, it makes my hair feel dryer (I know why; protein's very high on the list and since I rarely use any heat on my hair/don't dye it it doesn't need a bunch of protein) and I don't want to have to use another leave-in just so it feels better. I could, but like I said, why would I buy a spray moisturizer if I planned on doing that? As cynical as this sounds I DO overall like it. The scent, the refresher factor, and the decent pricing (It's 9.99 at Target's and 8.99 at Sally's if you do that beauty card thing) are nice. I feel like this is something I'd repurchase if I had a surplus of money, but otherwise I wouldn't have to have it. Still though, I'll keep it around. The summers here get extremely humid, and I want to see how well this works with that.

Edit (06/15/12): Nope nope nope. The abundance of protein makes my hair way too dry. Gave it away and will not repurchase. Oh, well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is wonderful for refreshing hair either by spraying into palms and scrunching in, or, my favorite way: raking through soaking wet hair. When used beneath them, this enhances the definition and hold of any other styling product. When applied on dry hair, it reactivates styling products and adds shine. This smells nice - like fresh, cool peach white tea. This product is refreshing and it eliminates frizz. It's perfect for mid-high dew points, and humid weather.

Ingredients: water, glycerin, polysorbate 80, methylheptyl isostearate, silk amino acids, certified organic anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, certified organic camelllia sinensis (tea) leaf extract, citric acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, disodium EDTA, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, fragrance