October 22, 2014 | 1236 users online

Blush - Bare Escentuals - READY Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought The Confession blush which appears to be a dusty peach with a rose tone. It looks beautiful and natural on my medium tan skin as it gives me a just pinched appearance. I would say it's similar to my Tarte Exposed blush except this leans on the peachier side. I bought this on sale at Ulta on a whim as I have not used the Ready blushes in the past. I'm proud to say I'm glad I did! A huge plus is that it doesn't break me out like other brands. I've noticed with other brands that by the end of the day I've seen redness and breakouts starting to form and with The Proposal they stay at bay. I gave it a four because I tend to pick up Exposed more than the Confession because it's pinker and looks better on my NC 42 skin. I would repurchase more from the Ready because I'm curious to try out the other colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in the natural high which is a salmon peach with golden shimmer. The color looks great in the pan but once applied it is so sheer that you really have to pack it on to get a hint of color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this blush as it was in the BM Beauty In Bloom Kit. The shade that was included was called "The One" which is a gorgeous natural rosy color. When I swatched it, it was pigmented and looked amazing. However, when I applied this blush, no color showed up on my face. I'm in the Light/Medium skin tone yet this was quite sheer on my face. You really have to build the color up which is quite disappointing. The color and texture is great but I'm not really sure why it appears so sheer. I've also tried applying it with different brushes but it's just too sheer for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a mostly loyal user of BE cosmetics for quite a few years now, and I was very excited to see their READY line of pressed blushes, shadows, and foundation. Everything looked promising, and I have to say that I really do like their ready blushes in terms of colour-payoff and colour selection. The shade I have is 'The French Kiss', and while it wasn't my original choice of shade for my pale skin (I like bright pinks on my cheeks), the SA talked me into it and I really liked it on me. It was very natural and rosy looking. My only beef is really with the packaging. I find that they really could have given you more product and left out the useless little brush. Does anyone really use those anyway? So points off for the useless mini brush, and not having more product in the pan. Otherwise, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth or seem ungrateful but this blush is a real let-down. I got a full sized compact of The Tease for free in my VIB Rouge gift bag at the recent Sephora VIB Rouge event. Believe me, it's not like I don't appreciate a free full sized blush from a reputable company like Bare Minerals BUT..... This blush appears gorgeous in the pan - the perfect bright pink for me - and I was so excited to try it. Sadly, unless you really pack this on, it simply does not show up. I'm fairly pale so this was surprising to me. If you really load it onto your cheeks, you will get some colour but it will look chalky and powdery and will probably wear off/blow away in a light breeze. I can't imagine how disappointing this blush must be for those who paid out a pretty penny ($28 CDN) for this. I didn't pay a cent and still I'm disappointed. I'd have expected better from BM. Their Ready shadows are almost universally excellent so I'm surprised this blush doesn't measure up in the least.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by BSides1992

Bought this in Faux Pas. Pretty packaging, decent price, but broke me out on my cheeks after 1 day of use. Looks like I'm sticking with Clinique for the time being!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have the Indecent Proposal (kind of deep, brownish plum a bit along the lines of NARS Sin, but less shimmery) and I actually use it as a contour. I have always found that bronzers and the majority of brown contour powders tend to look like what they are: browny orange bronzer that is obviously powder applied on my skin rather than really giving the illusion that I have great cheekbones.

This works a lot better because it basically looks like the natural colour of my skin in shadow. The lady at the counter applied this on one cheek at my suggestion and then a bare minerals bronzer on the other cheek, even she was convinced that this looked much more natural on my skin tone. So if you've struggled with finding a good contour this might be the ticket (for reference I'm about an NC20 with slight olive tones).

It has shimmer in the pan, but not much applied. I think it would be a nice 'natural flush' blush on skin tones darker than mine, if I wear this as a blush it looks a bit too feverish on me. I agree with another review, this works best if you tap it on, and build it up that way, otherwise it can be a little hard to even out. You could build it up to pan colour, and it is pretty pigmented even applied lightly.

Mine came with a brush (which is okay, but sheds a bit) in the black rubberised packaging, from what I can gather they've dumped the brush. I would repurchase, especially as it's basically being sold at what are drugstore prices here.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just so smooth and pretty. A tiny bit goes a long way as it's very pigmented. Very fine, smooth and creamy in texture. Lovely blush, shall be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the shade 'The One' and its very nice! It looks very pretty, natural, is silky smooth, blends beautifully on my face and it stays on. I like the compact, and a tiny bit goes a long way, i think it will last a long time so its worth the money. I like this blush, the best one i've come across in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hennagurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush. I have it in the aphrodisiac. I have hennaed hair that looks auburn and this is the perfect blush to go with my hair and my fair freckled skin and hazel-green eyes. It's the perfect peach coral with a bit of orange in it. I also love how easily it applies and how it doesn't oxidize on me. The color still looks great at the end of the day.