October 20, 2014 | 2028 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The pink packaging is nice, but that's practically the only thing going for it (ditto for the rest of the Cristalliste line, which was an epic fail for me). The serum is light, I'll give it that, but the scent is like an old lady perfume...or an old lady who hangs out in a hair salon.

I have bra strap length hair that has a bit of a wave to it. If I don't put anything in it and let it air dry, I have beach waves with some frizz. I wanted something that would slightly accentuate the beach waves, add some shine, and tame the flyaways. I don't have time in the morning to blow my hair out, so I need something that I can rub into my towel-dried hair and let air-dry. This isn't that kind of product. This does nothing to accentuate the waves, which I didn't expect it to, but I thought it would at least add shine and reduce flyaways. Nope. The only thing this did was give me a zit on my head and make hair crunchy and greasy looking at the roots. Okay, I don't know if the product itself gave me the zit, or if it was because I was constantly touching my hair trying to get rid of the crunchyness. But whatever the case, this product does not work for me. It might work for someone with straighter hair who blow dries their hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the pink packaging, however, when it comes to its ability to do what it promises to do, I don't like it so much as compared to the Oleo-Relax line. It does give a glossing effect when you first apply it but then after a while it makes my hair FRIZZ LIKE CRAZY so I don't think I'd sacrifice shiny but messy hair for lesser sheen but more smooth and manageable hair. Hope they reformulate this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Same as almost any other silicone serum. I had all the matching "Cristalliste" products and they left my hair exactly the same as any L'oreal or Pantene product. Does the job, but I'm not a huge fan.

Pros:
-smells nice after the alcohol smells evaporates
-leaves hair silky and shiny

Cons:
-hair felt drier after a few uses (possibly the alcohol)
-bottle is so tiny
-$42 USD for 50mL and lasted me just under 2 months (I have long hair but come on!)

I prefer Kerastase Serum Oleo-Relax, 125mL for $40 - more than double the product for the same price and it's also a silicone based serum. I see no major difference, except that Lumiere Liquide made my hair feel drier. I ended up giving away the entire system (shampoo, conditioner and this serum). For long hair these "miniature" product sizes are so useless. No repurchase, complete waste of money for such basic items. At least they smelled nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Joyfer

I used up my bottle in two months. I love this serum, but I am considering wether or not to buy it again because of the price. I just bought Kerastase Elixirkultime serum since it is half the price to see if it would work in place of Cristalliste. Well, it does not, it's a nice serum but it just doesn't give the shine that Cristalliste does. If anyone knows of a product that works considerably as good as Crystalliste but costs less PLEASE LET ME KNOW. It hurts paying $40 for 1.7 oz.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good for me on this one. Expensive? Hell yea! Worth it? Hell ya! For the record I highlight my thin but abundant hair about every 3-4 months style with heat usually every two days and there's always some sort of product in my hair. This has helped control fly away's, smoothed out the rough "edges" and added shine and yea, bounce....go figure?! A very little goes a long way so in the end the cost is relevant.

Get a sample if you can, give it go. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this serum.It makes my hair soft and shining without weighing it down .Like the smell too...definitely will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pros: cute packaging, smells fantastic, does not weigh hair down. The cons: very expensive, does nothing for my hair. Does not provide any moisture or smoothing on my dry, highlighted blonde hair. I'll be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bostonbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this serum! It really makes my hair shine but yet it's so lightweight and never makes my hair look limp or greasy. It also never gives me that sticky feel that some serums do, my hair has totally natural movement, just like it would without serum. The only thing is that it looks so much better. My hair is heavily highlighted and heat styled, so it is a but damaged, but Kerastase really keeps it in great shape. Also, it smells incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with a previous commenter - this performs how a smoothing serum should. It makes hair softer and shiny, without making it greasy or limp. It is packaged and scented like something from Victoria's Secret haircare line, but, what's inside is all that matters: pure genius.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferla32

This is the closest thing I've found for what I think a serum should be! The glass bottle is HEAVY and it dispenses a ton of watery serum...a little goes a long way! After my hair is styled, I run this through. WOW! My hair is shinier, and it's soo bouncy and "swingy"!! Smoothes and settles the hair. I've used this daily, and don't notice any buildup, and it does not make my hair greasy at all. $42 is steep, but it's good stuff!!!! I'll probably buy it again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No