September 18, 2014 | 1773 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Cristalliste Bain Cristal (Fine Hair)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this shampoo! I was a bit sceptical due to the cost, but it is worth every penny I paid for it (about $40). Makes my medium textured, slightly wavy hair soft and supple with a nice shine to boot. I have tried many many shampoos and conditioners, from Suave to Kerastase pricewise, and this one is all it's cracked up to be. I just started using this, so will update soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the smell of this product, but sadly it's not for me. It dried out my hair, especially at the ends. I don't use conditioners at all, but if other shampoos don't make my hair look dry, there's no reason for me to continue using this one.
I live in an area with high humidity in summer, and this shampoo only made my hair worse. In winter it worked better, so I guess it will suit for people who don't live in an area with high humidity, or people with oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Laurajacqueline

I love this shampoo, I use the entire system and my fine hair has never been better.
It surprises me so many people haven't liked it. I adore it and it's still the best shampoo I've ever used. It also costs less than my previous shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ivana89

Surprised that there are so many bad reviews about this shampoo. I have long, super fine colored hair and this is simply amazing - it makes my otherwise dull and limp hair squeaky clean, shiny, and bouncy. But I find that after a month or so of using Cristalliste, my hair gets used to it and I no longer see that "wow" effect I'm talking about. So I use a different shampoo (kerastate specifique) by the time my hair craves this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by clioariane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Cristalliste Bain Cristal Fine per recommendation from thebeautydepartment.com, and it's the second shampoo I've purchased from KÚrastase (previously I used Bain Satin 2 from the Nutritive line). I think it works really well with my virgin, fine, straight, bra strap-length hair. It looks clean and healthy after using this product. Other shampoos can make my hair look flat if it's too moisturizing or too dry when it's too cleansing, but Bain Cristal seems to have the perfect balance. It also has a nice and subtle floral scent to it. After shampooing I used Cristalliste Lait Cristal which gave my hair a nice shine. The packaging of both products is super pretty and girly (pink). I would definitely recommend this line for low-maintenance hair types, but if you're looking for a very moisturizing or repairing shampoo this is not for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed with this product. I was sweet talked by a hair stylist into buying the cristaliste system and I really wish I read the MUA reviews first. My hair was left feeling greasy and almost 'waxy'. The exact same coated feeling that other reviewers notice. Save your money and steer clear of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by coleena1

Awful. I have fine hair and have always used the Volumactive range, and sometimes the Bain satin 1 range, but my hairdresser suggested this one. Since using I have noticed a waxy sticky build up at the roots of my hair and my hair has no shine whatsoever and looks rather dry and dull. Hard to say if it's the shampoo or conditioner, although I keep the conditioner away from roots so picking the shampoo as the culprit. Either way I will never re purchase any product in this range again, and will go back to the tried and true Volumactive range. Beware. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Memz888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo. I use it in combination with the conditioner and serum, purchased in a special offer pack for £30. I have long, fine hair that tends to be greasy at the roots and dry at the tips. This shampoo has transformed my hair, it looks beautifully smooth and best of all is falling out less! I still have trouble making it past one day after shampooing, however I am yet to find a product that can do that for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the girl below, I don't know what to say about the shampoo. I have sort of the same results.
I ran out from my Fibre Architecte Shampoo and my stylist told me to try this one because I have dry hair and stuff and that I would do wonders for my hair (Later, I made some research and found out that this shampoo was "designed" for long hair... which is not my case, my hair isn't very long). I bought the one for thick hair. Texture is very light, seeing-trough, smells nice, like flowers or something.
First time I used it, I thought it was going to be my best friend ever. Really, I got into the shower and after applying the product into my hair, even soaking wet my hair felt soooooooooo soft, and it made it shine amazingly.
But after almost a month of using the product I'm not so sure it's even close to be my friend (haha). I have quite damaged hair, so I need to keep as hydrated as possible, which this shampoo does sometimes, and some others simply does not.
I have super straight hair, and I NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH FRIZZ BEFORE! not even when I permed my hair curly! And since I started using this, I look like MUFASA! And it makes my hair shiny but when I touch it it feels like STRAW!
So, this shampoo really let me down, which is annoying for it was quite pricy ┬Č┬Č and now I'll have to finish the whole bottle. I really can't wait to go back to my Resistance shampoo :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ilmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not sure what to think of this shampoo. It makes my hair feel coated, smooth, stick straight and rather limp. By the end of the day my hair is separating and not good looking.It also makes the ends of my hair straw like and tangled. I bought Oleo Relax shampoo after this and have much better luck with it. My hair looks shiny with Oleo Relax, with body and better hydrated. My hair just does not like Bain Cristalliste. Sadly.