September 1, 2014 | 1591 users online

Moisturizers - Lise Watier - Age Control Supreme La Creme

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A brand new product line from Lise Watier, full of the goodness of a "an exclusive concentrated extract of Labrador Tea.... (via) a proprietary extraction process that concentrates all the exceptional anti-aging properties of Labrador Tea." Interesting, and appealing to me as a Canadian just for that. I tried the samples I was given, and the results were good enough that I bought the (not inexpensive) full kit, and I'm still pleased.

The good:
Like the other products in the line, paraben free and described as fragrance free (although the cream does have a very faint fruity/herbal fragrance, which looking at the ingredient list appears to come from some added essential oils. Not fragrance free, Lise Watier! Fortunately, I don't usually react to essential oil fragrances.)

The rep who sold me on it did say that the cream was a bit rich, and I've found that to be my experience as well. I can't use it all over my face except on the bitterest of days, as my nose and forehead will develop tiny whiteheads, although my cheeks, neck, and eye area seem to love it even in the weirdly summery heat we've been sweltering in for the last week.

It's not greasy, has a pleasant texture, and spreads well. The kit came with a transparent plastic cream scoop -- silly, but nice touch. There appears to be a generous amount of cream in the jar (unless it's got a false bottom) which considering the high price of the cream alone, is great.

Other than the aforementioned whitehead issue, my face has offered up no complaints about my current routine of Day Elixir + cream; texture looks good, minimal makeup applies well over it, pores reduced in size since I started using it, moist and dewy effects last all day.

The cream jar is technically better and less flimsy-feeling than the Elixir bottles, although it still strikes me as something of a staid old-ladyish design. However, if I'm using something called Age Control, it's probably too much to ask that I get bleeding-edge hipster packaging that will satisfy my aesthetic needs! I suppose I could add the usual moan about putting a cream all exposed to air in a jar, although it is rather thick and probably wouldn't be that successful in a pump. And they do address that, in the deluxe kit at least, with the little scoop.