August 20, 2014 | 970 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lise Watier - Age Control Supreme Black Night Elixir

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Recommended to me by the makeup counter specialist at Shoppers Drug Mart, as a brand new product she loved. She gave me a lot of samples, which I liked enough to buy the whole kit. I'd count this as the first really successful trial in my ongoing search for new skincare.

The good:
This line did, and does, make a visible difference to my skin, and did so almost immediately with the samples. It's hardly a miracle (but then, what skincare is?) and it's not getting me carded at the LCBO, but the texture is better, and I'm waking up in the morning looking fresh instead of haggard.

Based purely on the subjective experience of "what my face looks like shortly after application", I think the Night Elixir is doing something more than the Day Elixir, although whether that's merely surface effect is of course up for discussion.

Product has a pleasant texture, light yet moisturising. It is unscented, and paraben free. The black colour of the Night Elixir is very nifty, and does disappear completely on the skin. I've been using this alone, mostly (using the cream for day) and my skin's been happier than in a long time.

The not-so-good (same as the Day Elixir bottle):
The package. For a product supposed to be this high-end, the bottle feels cheap and flimsy. It's designed with concealing parts to hide how little you're actually getting, and the pump is in multiple parts, and sometimes jams or squirts. Feels as though if I drop it it will shatter into a million little pieces, and the design is very old-fashioned. As far as actual dispensing goes, it's okay; it seems to be pumping from the bottom to keep air from building up in the product chamber, but it doesn't feel as solid or pleasant as I'd expect.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No