October 2, 2014 | 983 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lise Watier - Age Control Supreme Crystal Day Elixir

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Part of the ongoing saga of Quest for Skincare. The makeup counter specialist at Shoppers Drug Mart recommended this line to me; it's new, and she claimed to love it. She generously provided me with a lot of samples, and I DID like them well enough to buy the full kit. (Which came with a package of Labrador tea to brew for internal age control, too. That had spruce needles in it and was acceptably tasty.)

The good:
Yes, it did and does make a visible difference to my skin. Not miraculous, but after my rocky few months trying various things with indifferent results, it was such a relief to use something and actually see that it was worth the time of application. Finer texture. Reduced pores. A nice dewy look and feel.

Based purely on the subjective experience of "what my face looks like shortly after application", I think the Night Elixir is doing something more than the Day Elixir, although whether that's merely surface effect is of course up for discussion.

Product has a pleasant texture, light yet moisturising even when used without the accompanying cream, and goes far (which is a bonus considering that it's not particularly cheap). Unscented! Joy! And paraben free. I'm sure the "diamond flecks" aren't doing anything, but they are pretty.

The not-so-good:
The package, actually. For a product this nice, the bottle feels really cheap and flimsy. It's one of those ones that has concealing layers to hide how little you're actually getting, and the pump is in multiple parts, and sometimes jams or squirts. Feels as though if I drop it it will shatter into a million little pieces, and the design is very old-fashioned. As far as actual dispensing goes, it's okay; it seems to be pumping from the bottom to keep air from building up in the product chamber, but it doesn't feel as solid or hefty in the hand as I'd expect.