August 28, 2014 | 587 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast in Purty Persimmon

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own this & the more expensive Nars Heatwave. I had never bought drugstore brand lipstick only Mac,Nars,TF,FF & occasionally Sephora for a unique shimmer.However upon learning you can return make up to Walgreens I decided to take a chance.This was one of 3 WnW colors purchased & my favorite.Staying power is amazing & everytime I wear it get compliments.Its is more of a coral orange then red orange as Heatwave.I removed the lipstick from the cheap WnW packaging & put it in a higher end lipstick bullet because was tired of WnW tube falling apart when I swivel up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a bright, fun summer color!! I find myself wearing this every chance I get, which is really saying something. I do put a dab of chapstick on first, but this wears really well without feathering. It doesn't feel heavy, also a plus. Super cheap, not great packaging (you can't twist it all the way down...no clue why Wet n Wild does this with their lip products) but it's a vibrant orange color I'd recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by LizEM1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect color for the summer! The lipstick goes on smooth and the color lasts. It brightens up my face, so all I need is a little BB cream and mascara. The packaging is not great, but for a $1.99, I won't complain too much. It is a little drying, but prep with lip balm. It smells okay. I should buy up a couple of tubes, because when I find a good lipstick color, it's discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Meech25

if you like bright lipstick GO OUT AND BUY THIS COLOR!!!!
I originally wanted to purchase NARS "heat wave" but with the price being 20 something dollars i was hesitant.
I am not sure how this color compares to the nars, but i know it makes me so happy!
It's a bright bright orange on me. Makes my teeth white, lasts for hours and hours and it's matte, which prevents it from sliding all around your face :)
I am absolutely in love with this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! This is a gorgeous color. It's so unexpected for me to like this. I have never worn a stitch of orange in my life. I am a cool color on the color wheel. I have dark brown hair with blue eyes and pink undertones. Something about this particular color looks totally awesome! I really felt like what do I have to lose because WetNWild is so inexpensive but this is just a lovely matte long wear lippy that you should try it if you are on the fence....just try it!!!

Happy Makeuping!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a high quality lipstick at an excellent price! I have very fair skin and blue eyes, and it complements my skin tone well. It also makes my teeth look white!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

Absolutely adore this colour for NC30 skin! If you have a strong yellow undertone its really nice! It looks like a red with orange undertones. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

Of the 4 megalast lipsticks I have, this is my favorite one because it is the least drying and the most smooth to put on with a great, even application. Or maybe I just got an outstanding tube. Gorgeous bright orange-based red. Very long lasting. Wonderful. My only complaint is about the packaging, I wish the lipstick lowered all the way because I've nicked the edge a few times. Not a big deal though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why, oh why did I not discover this sooner?!

I'm a horder of coral red/orange lipsticks. I have a plethora of them in varying shades, some are more orange than I would like, some are too slippery that they come off within an hour and some were too matte and drying even after a nice exfoliate and some lip balm.

This is my go to and for $1.99, ya can't go wrong! I highly recommend it and other lips colors from the same line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

When I read that Purty Persimmon is a dupe for MAC's Sail la Vie, I had to have it because I LOVE orange and red lipsticks and this is a perfect combination of both. With my NC/25 skin with yellow undertones, it is very flattering. It stays true to it's name "Megalast" because it is a longwearing lipstick. It is a bit drying though, as most longwearing lipsticks are.The price is sweet - $1.99.