Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Red Velvet

3.8

on 7/20/2015 9:59:00 AM

This is one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks. This is a bright blue based red. I love it.

I buy backups of this lipstick.

One of my drugstore must haves.

on 6/26/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have almost all of the wnw matte lipsticks (I'm missing 3 or 4 I think), but today I wore Red Velvet (w wnw 717 Berry Red lipliner which is 99 cents) reminded me U can't go wrong w the wnw matte lipsticks for USD$1.99 (somex can even be had cheaper!). I prep my lips w MAC Prep + Prime Lip which makes this last forever & not fade nor feel too horribly dry/travel outside the lipliner or get on ur teeth. These can still be worn w/o MAC Prep + Prime Lip by putting lipbalm on b4 ur shower & allowing it to fully sink in n do ur makeup after ur shower. If the lipbalm is too "freshly applied" it will not allow the lipstick to adhere like it should so it will slide around ev where u don't want it to go. OR skip the lipbalm altogether. Red Velvet is a statementy, pin up look retro red n I pull it together with some mighty wings (black eyeliner & lotsa mascara), full coverage foundation, carved brows, & a little highlighter (skip contour). Ultra glam!! I don't normally experiment w lipsticks (coz I buy MAC) but at 1.99 it's so much fun to experiment w bright or vampy colors I'd not normally try. This lasts a crazy long time even thru eat-drink-smoking. All of the wnw red colors are simply beautiful (I have all of them despite being a nude fan). Cruelty free too! What's not to luvvvv?!!!

on 6/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

A beautiful bright a lil orangey red I wore it to day and every woman in ulta gave me compliments how have I not discovered this a while back. Glad I did now oh red velvet how did I ever get by without you

on 5/30/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is an ok red it's a little toned down. I like mixing this lipstick with Stoplight Red one of the other shades of red in this line. When mixed it brings about a nice red. Which isn't super bright but not super dull. By itself it's pretty dull

on 5/26/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

I bought this color THREE times, hoping this would be my perfect red lipstick. WOW, it is a very bright red!! But, i can't stand the smell of this Cheap contramption (made In China, btw), and the packaging because it can scratch the lipstick if you don't carefully place the cap back on!!! FINAL DESCISION: NEVER AGAIN, although the price is good!! I Will stick to my REvlon's Fire and Ice and MAC"s Ruby Woo!!!

on 11/10/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a VERY bright red. The color is not my absolute favorite, it is pretty, but it is so bright and I tend to favor slightly deeper reds. But that aside this is a very nice lipstick. It is so long lasting. When I line my lips and fill in with this, I can get a red lip that lasts nearly all day. That earns this a lot of points with me, since I'm lazy and hate having to reapply throughout the day. The finish is a light matte, it's not a satin finish, but it's not nearly as matte as Ruby Woo. All in all definitely worth the $2 I paid.

on 8/23/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVEEE THIS COLOR!!!
It is a very bright red and bright colors look very good on me. I dont remember what I paid for it but i got it from CVS for under $2.00. It goes on nice and its not drying and lasts very long. I just love it, I would absoutley buy this again this is my favorite wet n wild lipstick. And i recommend this to everyone with any type of skin color

on 5/27/2014 8:52:00 PM

LOVE IT! The color is gorgeous (excellent dupe of MAC's Riri Woo), lasts a long time and the price is pretty unbeatable. The packaging is cheap but hey! I don't care. A piece of advise though: always apply lip balm or any hydrating product on your lips before this lipstick.

on 3/15/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS COLOUR. But that and the price are the only thigns I like about this product.
I have fair skin and I have a hard time finding reds that suit me, even though I have a neutral undertone. I bought this on a whim on sale at Wal Mart for $3 Canadian, and at first I was ecstatic. It was beautifully matte and the colour complemented my complexion beautifully. But as I continued to use it, it dried my lips out terribly...
I still continued to use this lipstick though, since I loved the colour so much. And then it started to flake off. My lips were so dry, whenever I ate, or my lips happen to touch something, this lipstick would flake off in small patches. And then the bulllet broke.
So much for the perfect red lip. If your lips don't dry out too much, and you're not going to apply this straight from the tube, it's worth a try especially for the price :)

I've been looking for a pink-based red color as they tend to look better on my neutral skin. I bought it as a dupe for Dior's Montmartre but this is a little more red (Montmartre is a lighter red and definitely pink-based, good for everyday wear). This lipstick is smooth and doesn't feel drying at all, great for the price!

Popular Lipsticks