December 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Red Velvet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a VERY bright red. The color is not my absolute favorite, it is pretty, but it is so bright and I tend to favor slightly deeper reds. But that aside this is a very nice lipstick. It is so long lasting. When I line my lips and fill in with this, I can get a red lip that lasts nearly all day. That earns this a lot of points with me, since I'm lazy and hate having to reapply throughout the day. The finish is a light matte, it's not a satin finish, but it's not nearly as matte as Ruby Woo. All in all definitely worth the $2 I paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by EbonyPolish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEE THIS COLOR!!!
It is a very bright red and bright colors look very good on me. I dont remember what I paid for it but i got it from CVS for under $2.00. It goes on nice and its not drying and lasts very long. I just love it, I would absoutley buy this again this is my favorite wet n wild lipstick. And i recommend this to everyone with any type of skin color

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

LOVE IT! The color is gorgeous (excellent dupe of MAC's Riri Woo), lasts a long time and the price is pretty unbeatable. The packaging is cheap but hey! I don't care. A piece of advise though: always apply lip balm or any hydrating product on your lips before this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS COLOUR. But that and the price are the only thigns I like about this product.
I have fair skin and I have a hard time finding reds that suit me, even though I have a neutral undertone. I bought this on a whim on sale at Wal Mart for $3 Canadian, and at first I was ecstatic. It was beautifully matte and the colour complemented my complexion beautifully. But as I continued to use it, it dried my lips out terribly...
I still continued to use this lipstick though, since I loved the colour so much. And then it started to flake off. My lips were so dry, whenever I ate, or my lips happen to touch something, this lipstick would flake off in small patches. And then the bulllet broke.
So much for the perfect red lip. If your lips don't dry out too much, and you're not going to apply this straight from the tube, it's worth a try especially for the price :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

I've been looking for a pink-based red color as they tend to look better on my neutral skin. I bought it as a dupe for Dior's Montmartre but this is a little more red (Montmartre is a lighter red and definitely pink-based, good for everyday wear). This lipstick is smooth and doesn't feel drying at all, great for the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by poisonivy08

this is the only wet n' wild product that let me down :-(. the thing i only like about it is its price and pigmentation.... this lippy is very drying and it doesn't glide on smoothly ..it's a chore to apply it. the packaging is poorly made and the lipstick wobbles as i apply it ....this will be banned in my makeup kit forever :-/

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

I love the shade and it does work with my skin tone but the warmth of it seems to make my teeth appear very yellow. I still love the color though so ill continue to use it up but no repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this shade after extreme frustration looking in all the drug stores in town for stoplight red. The color itself is pretty, though it takes some time and several coats to get it to be red instead of pink, and after you've finally arrived at red, it will no doubt transfer onto something slightly and be neon pink. However, though it seems to rub off on everything, it also stains like crazy! The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this stuff (I actually really do like the red shade if you can get it) is that after merciless scrubbing, your lips will still be pink. It's crazy. As a person who changes lipstick shades as often as undies, it's very frustrating to have to work this hard to get one shade off so that the next isn't perpetually slightly pink. This is the only Megalast shade I've been disappointed with; I've never had the same trouble with any others.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinT

This is pretty good for a cheap lipstick. It's pretty drying, so I always use lip balm with it (beneath and on top the lipstick). It's a nice, opaque color and you don't need to build it up too much to get the bright red. I reapply it often, and it totally will not last through eating anything hefty, but that's fine. Lipstick is not meant to be plastered to your lips. Wet N Wild's 99 cent lip liner in red matched it perfectly, and I use them together. I'm sure there are nicer formulas out there for lipsticks, but for the price this is great. If you like to wear lipstick often, then sometimes cheaper products are easier on the budget.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Wow Wet N Wild actually mastered the Mac lip formula and lip shade for a thousand times better pricing deal. Downfall is of course it smells nothing like the chocolatey goodness Mac lipstick smell. And that is what makse Mac lipstick still special.