November 24, 2014 | 949 users online

Masks - Sukin - Purifying facial mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Vanhusk

I think for the price this product is a real gem. Like pretty much all of the sukin products. Unlike other purifying masks such as those from Aesop and Khiels it isn't too drying, so my skin doesn't freak out when I use it. I do, however, find that sometimes it takes a couple of days of using it consecutively for it to really draw out some of my congestion. The mostly natural ingredients means my skin isn't irritated at all with using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by snorflaak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got congested, incredibly sensitive dry skin right now and this is a godsend! I'm on my third tub, and the month or so I decided to try out something else (aesop- irritating and drying) I noticed my skin got much worse. I honestly think if you have any skin type -my sister's is incredibly oily and acne prone, she loves it- this will benefit you. clarifying, softening and brightening. Best and cheapest mask I've tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Stolz69

Pretty impressed with this product. Good packaging, easy to get out of the tub, re sealable without being messy, and feels great on my skin! I use this once a week. Will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by macavityjack

This is actually my first review even though I always check on MA before buying something..
I am 29 and have ongoing hormonal acne and can't afford fancy skincare atm, I am so glad I tried the sukin range because it is so good for the price.
This mask makes my skin look amazing and does a good job taking down any redness or inflamed spots. It helps clear the spots I have at the time I actually feel like regular use is helping my skin which is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Katu6ka

This is a great product. It cleans my pores without over drying my skin, afterwards my skin looks healthy and radiant. There is one thing I have noticed : It is better to use a spatula to get the mask out and store it away from humidity and heat, otherwise it will start to smell like poo! Also, it took me longer than 6 months to finish the mask so I had to throw it away and buy fresh one. The fresh one smells very nice, with almonds I think:)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by CandeyGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially tried this a few months ago, once per week over probably a 1 month time frame. I ceased using it, as I was beginning to get quite an extensive breakout (really, Im 31 years old??!!). It has now been a few months, my skin has calmed, and I have started using this again.
I had my first re-try 2 days ago, and voila, a lovely zit or two has popped up to say 'hello' on my congested chin area. I have done a fair bit of research re; red kaolin clay which is the main ingredient in this product. Kaolin clay is well known for its 'drawing impurity' property. Thus using this product, at first you will expect to have breakouts (if skin is congested), until your skin is crystal clear.
Ive had congested skin for-ever!! So, if this product can fix that concern, I will be extremely grateful to its creator.

Ive given a 3 lippy rating at this point, only because I am holding my breath that after purging, my skin is a glowing ray of light, without a blemish in sight!!!

Ill keep you posted on my skin rejuvenation progress and re-review in a few weeks.

FYI - I use this following cleansing, and apply while sitting in a hot bath to encourage pores to open.
x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm already on my 2nd tub of this mask. It is great at clearing pores and pimples, but it is not drying unlike all other clay bases face masks. It dries in about 10-15 minutes, but does not get so tight it hurts to move your face so I'm able to leave it on for 30-45 minutes instead. I do not have any cons with this face mask. It's no miracle, but it works and it's cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

Yes yes yes! I was flicking through Youtube videos about acne control and someone mentioned this. I picked it up for about $15 (not on offer) at Chemist Warehouse. It is 100ml, in a plastic screw up jar. I like that the product had a lid, and then a plastic protective cover so if you travel it doesn't smear all over the lid when you open it and make a mess. I also love that it's all natural (doesn't test on animal, carbon neutral, paraben free etc - it's like God's gift to ethical products!). The smell, whilst herbalish really isn't overpowering like many other natural products. It is a thickish consistency, reddy brown in colour. You only need a thin layer, and you leave it to set for 15 minutes or more. I often feel like I'm going to fall asleep with it on!

Washing it off with luke warm water can be hard (you can use a wash cloth, but water works fine if you use enough). After you pat dry with a towel, and let your face dry for a bit, your skin will be silky smooth. It is literally amazing.

I have acne prone skin, and I've been using this mask as an oil soaker and a moisturiser as some of the treatments I use dry my skin out. Once or twice a week is enough and it does a perfect job.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Emhunt

Ok. Wow. If you are sensitive to smell, DO NOT buy this. It smells terrible. Like poo pretty much, it is foul. It does the job as a face mask would do but really, if I had smelt it before I bought it I would not have purchased. I will probably put this on eBay and buy one that doesn't stink. Can't stand it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ngocchouxnguyen

Got this mask when it was on sale in Chemist Warehouse for $10-ish.
Pro - natural components, doesn't stain my sink & my shirt despite its colour.
Cons - Dry my skin a lot & gives me a few small zits the day after but do keep in mind that I have fairly sensitive skin.