August 30, 2014 | 1705 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I had read reviews of this blush before I purchased it and thought I recalled that they weren't favorable, but I hoped for the best. This is as bad as people say it is. First, although applying straight from the container appears to be the best way to apply, it is awkward. Second. I have very pale skin and it looks terrible on me so I can't imagine what skin tone this would flatter. It seems to work effectively as a pore magnifier, if that's what you're looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by AquaMist

Love the feel of this blush! Super easy for touch ups because I can apply it with my fingers. It applies creamy but blends really easily into your skin! Looks really natural, great for summertime.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

I have this blush in Pink Plum #40 . Texture is kind of a thick cream , and I just take a regular blush brush and stipple into my cheeks. It melts into the skin and doesn't feel or look heavy the way a powder can. I don't like the way it sticks to the brush, and it has sparkles. They are subtle, but I like a matte blush. This wasn't the right color for my skin tone, although it would be perfect for a cool skin tone. I will not repurchase because the hassle to apply and the color doesn't match. I'd rather use my MAC Powder Blush in Blush Baby, but this is not a terrible product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Color is nice but I hate the texture of these blushes they make it very hard to apply nicely on the skin. I think this is an ok option for the drugstore but there is other options that apply much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't think I would like this stuff but I love it. I use it over foundation since my skin looks awful without coverage! Also, I use an el cheapo ELF small stipple brush and it doesn't cake at all...I just stipple it on carefully and it gives the healthiest glow. My skin is light and I was afraid this color would be TOO light but it's perfect. This is my first experience with a non-powder blush so I'm very surprised it worked out. I'm not sure I will try other colors since I can add powder blush over the top if I need more blush for going out on the town. PLEASE NOTE: This blush may work better on less oily complexions, since I've read it wears off on women with oilier skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by emilyaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush when they came out and was so excited. The packaging is so cute and so is the color. When I saw the price I wasn't shocked but I did not really want to pay around $10 for a drugstore blush. I got rose petal because of some youtubers that had raved about it. When I tried it out I realized it was quite cakey and challenging to blend onto my cheek using a brush. I watched a few more youtube videos and realized other girls were having the same issue. So I found out you can easily apply it by just swiping the actual container across your cheek. The color looked great. I just recently purchased pink frosting and candy coral. I do not think I would repurchase rose petal due to how challenging it was to figure out but the packaging is definitely adorable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by mollyandwhatnot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to admit, I bought this because it looked cool and I'm secretly 5 years old and buy products based on their name... Hah anyways, I have really dry skin, so when I applied this for the first time (swirled my blush brush in it), I was pleased that it went on really smooth and blended well on top of my liquid foundation. I've gotten a lot of compliments lately on my skin, and I think it's just this blush (because my actual skin is NOTHING to write home about, seriously). This shade looks best on my I-live-in-Florida-but-I-don't-know-what-sunshine-is skin tone. The coral one made me look a little muddy. I'd buy this again and again though. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unless you are very young and have great skin do not buy this stuff....lt cakes, get in the lines and pores and tends to be dry. Also it gets blotchy after about an hour after application and has to be smoothed out and reapplied. Sorry Maybelline but this isn't a equal opportunity beauty blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I remember once i heard Lisa Eldridge (celebrity makeup artist) said in one of her videos that if you want your blush to last longer first use a cream blush and on top of it your regular powder blush. I didn't have any cream blush so picked Rose petal because to me it looked like the least pigmented blush out all of them. Let me tell you what she recommended was true! it really lasts longer and this blush is perfect for the base because it almost sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Ryangosling123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this product! Before I got it, I watched many reviews on it. The one big complaint was that this blush has bad color payoff. I'll admit the blush is very sheer, but that is exactly why I like it! I always feel like a clown with bright blush colors. The color I got was Rose Petal, which was the lightest of all the colors.

There's very little product for eight dollar, which was very disappointing ( only 5 grams of blush!). The texture is somewhere between a cream and powder, it's moldable like a sort of clay. It feels like a cream on your skin then it melts away to a silky powder finish. Rose Petal is a very sheer light pink with golden hues, I sometimes use it as a highlighter! With a primer it lasts all day, even for my oily skin. My only disappointment for this blush was the price and the amount of product!