Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

2.8

on 5/28/2015 6:43:00 PM

I purchased this blush as I was scanning the aisles looking for a fun new product to try. I had an ideal blush in mind, pale pink. I tend to stick to mauve toned blushes and wanted something a little different. Much to my disappointment, this blush was not what I had in mind. The color is so sheer, there's no color payoff onto my cheeks at all. When used with a normal brush, the blush gets dirty. When used with a stippling brush, it just moves the product, none of it actually getting onto the brush. I like the packaging a lot, very cute and simple. But overall, this product was a miss for me.

on 4/24/2015 5:06:00 PM

I bought this a few months ago and I have to say, I was very disappointed. I felt like I never got product out of the packaging and onto my face. It was hard to blend and just looked terrible. Would not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because there were some positive MUA reviews and I am wanting to move away from powder blush. This one is a BIG FAIL for me, which is too bad, because I like the idea of a blush that has both power and cream-like qualities.

Pros:
+affordable, especially w one of my CVS coupons
+pretty color in the compact
+has not broken me out (although I never use it, so who knows if it would have given me spots w regular use)

Cons:
-the consistency is almost grainy as it is supposed to be a combo powder/cream
-it shifted as soon as I opened it and the excess started moving off the sides of the compact - I keep it in a dark, dry place, lying flat, and no matter how often I wiped the excess from the sides, product still seeped out - making a MESS
-formula is a little dry, so I am guessing, for those who like it, they must work quickly
-the formula didn't work w any of my brushes - each time product just stuck to the bristles, which made distributing it on my cheeks an uneven yuck and blending a nightmare
-impossible to wash out of my brushes - I tried four different brushes to get this stuff to work and I ended up having to use a combo dishwasher soap and peroxide to clean it off my brushes

Big disappointment!

on 12/14/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wanted a very fair, pale, pink blush for the natural look. Those days when a woman will still meticulously apply makeup, but wanting to pull off the "I basically look like this when I wake up". lol It takes hard work to achieve the natural look! :)

I love the look of Dream Bouncy Blush in bright, and/or dark colors, and applying it is quick and easy because of its low pigmentation. No need to be extra careful applying with a light touch because of a concern I will venture into Baby Jane territory.

When it comes to wearing a sheer, very pale pink to achieve the natural look, had to apply Rose Petal with a heavy hand and reapply at least several times to see a light, sheer pop of color.

Paid $7.99 for the blush, so can't complain. This is still one of my fav line of ds blushes.

on 11/24/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the strangest product!

PROS:
Shade selection
Once the product is on, I really, really like the color on my cheeks. ( rose petal )
It's not as dry or drying as a typical powder, yet once it's applied, it does turn powdery versus remaining creamy on the skin. That's a great feature for me.

CONS:
Damn near impossible to apply. Seriously, no exaggeration. This stuff is damn near impossible to apply no matter the method, and for me a brush is out of the question. I'm not gunking up any of my brushes with this stuff. Getting it onto fingers isn't easy, blending it on the cheek not much easier. It's almost like finger paint that has started to dry out.
Not very pigmented. Some may desire more pop.
Doesn't have decent staying power.
Because it's so difficult to blend, it can very easily move or strip off your base.
It WILL settle into pores and other indentations when over-applied with fingers or applied to dry skin.

WTF were they thinking with the consistency of this? I was hoping for a creamy powder blush and this is more like a science experiment. I just don't understand. I will use this up. Will not repurchase.
I gave it a rating of 3 overall because they have this product *almost* right.

on 8/9/2014 10:00:00 AM

I had read reviews of this blush before I purchased it and thought I recalled that they weren't favorable, but I hoped for the best. This is as bad as people say it is. First, although applying straight from the container appears to be the best way to apply, it is awkward. Second. I have very pale skin and it looks terrible on me so I can't imagine what skin tone this would flatter. It seems to work effectively as a pore magnifier, if that's what you're looking for.

on 8/8/2014 9:09:00 PM

Love the feel of this blush! Super easy for touch ups because I can apply it with my fingers. It applies creamy but blends really easily into your skin! Looks really natural, great for summertime.

I have this blush in Pink Plum #40 . Texture is kind of a thick cream , and I just take a regular blush brush and stipple into my cheeks. It melts into the skin and doesn't feel or look heavy the way a powder can. I don't like the way it sticks to the brush, and it has sparkles. They are subtle, but I like a matte blush. This wasn't the right color for my skin tone, although it would be perfect for a cool skin tone. I will not repurchase because the hassle to apply and the color doesn't match. I'd rather use my MAC Powder Blush in Blush Baby, but this is not a terrible product.

on 8/3/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Color is nice but I hate the texture of these blushes they make it very hard to apply nicely on the skin. I think this is an ok option for the drugstore but there is other options that apply much better.

on 8/3/2014 7:14:00 PM

I didn't think I would like this stuff but I love it. I use it over foundation since my skin looks awful without coverage! Also, I use an el cheapo ELF small stipple brush and it doesn't cake at all...I just stipple it on carefully and it gives the healthiest glow. My skin is light and I was afraid this color would be TOO light but it's perfect. This is my first experience with a non-powder blush so I'm very surprised it worked out. I'm not sure I will try other colors since I can add powder blush over the top if I need more blush for going out on the town. PLEASE NOTE: This blush may work better on less oily complexions, since I've read it wears off on women with oilier skin.