November 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This eyeliner is my baby!! It's smooth, richly pigmented, easy to apply, and with a brush thin enough for my hooded lids. No other eyeliner has been this good to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by hbelle21

HG liquid liner. I'm known for my cat-eye makeup and have tried almost every liquid liner I could find. This goes on jet black, stays all day, and doesn't crease or smudge. I have very oily kids and this is the ONLY liner that doesn't move once it's on. It does go on fairly wet, so for application I apply before mascara and after shadow; then once I apply it I will keep my eyes closed to let it dry. It does fade slightly throughout the day, but only after 6+ hours. I love this so much that I buy out the entire stock at ulta everytime I go. No idea what I would ever do if they discontinued this!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit; this is so exactly similar to the Guerlain liner that I love, and have tried SO LONG to find a dupe for, that i checked the ingredients list- there are several very worrisome ingredients, particularly Alcohol denatured, which is almost at the top of the list, i don't think i would want this so close to my eyes considering liquid liner often gets into eyes. it also has SLS.

PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, TETRASODIUM EDTA, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, FARNESOL, CI 77266 (BLACK 2) (NANO), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

my eyes are very sensitive :( have not docked a point for this, but i feel this may not be HG after all.
This is a rich, dark, glossy black! doesn't read as 'flat' glossy once applied, but a bit of sheen which is awesome!
If you make a mistake you can wipe with damp cotton bud easily. Great dupe for Guerlain liquid liner except for the brush (which sucks). I am using that liquid liner's brush (washed of course) with this instead of the one it comes with.

i would suggest this product to anyone who likes brush liquid liners (rather than pen style)--BUT i would tell them to use a separate pointy brush they like, as the one that comes with this is felt, and not good for precision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the double end liquid liner pen in black. I needed a thin tip liner pen after maybelline changed theirs to this thick tip and Essence had a thin tip as well as a thick tip. Not bad for the price but I can't use it everyday as it'll cause a mild reaction with my eyelids so that's a bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

This is my 2nd purchase, so already answered to the re-purchase part. It goes on thick(ly) but is soooo rich and black that I love it!! I use it for the days where I'm simply too lazy to wear a heavy mascara (Great Lash work days for example) or just wearing a lengthening mascara. It may be just me, but I find it a little hard to do a fine line with it, but that's ok, like I said, great for the lazy mascara days (or no mascara days). It's sooo incredibly in-expensive that it's alright to just keep it the month I keep any liquid eye products (I toss away mascara and liners after 6 wks max) and can feel guilt-less w/ this as I only paid 2.99 CAD for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This may just be my new HG liquid eyeliner I just love it!!!! The color is a nice deep black, it never smudges or flakes and it lasts all day! The applicator is one of the easiest I have ever used and it is so simple to get that perfect line and then wing it out for a cute cat eye. This eyeliner is cheap too and for a bargain diva like me I love finding something I love that doesn't break the bank!!!! I recommend that everyone give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looooooove this eyeliner. It is dramatic, bold and stays on for ages. I love it. I have the waterproof one, and it is definitely true to its word. The only downside to this is the applicator, it makes it difficult to get thin lines so I wouldn't use this as an everyday eyeliner, more as a going out type. Would definitely buy again as it is very cheap in Australia!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by helloiamliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with an eyeliner.

First of all I have to say that I use liquid eyeliner every day ever since I have been using make up. I have made terrible experiences with eyeliners, and so-so ones with expensive ones. I used fo buy liquid eyeliners from Astor, Gosh, Alverde and other brands.

If you ask me, a liquid eyeliner must be long lasting, pigmented, quickly drying and coming with a good brush to work with. So when my last one ran out I went to the drugstore and found this one. I actually stopped using drugstore makeup, but this one was so cheap I decided to give it a try. it costs about 2€. I must say that I always do the powder trick before applying eye shadow and eyeliner: I apply primer, my foundation and then I throw on good amount of powder over my eyelids because this makes your eye make up stay in place all day and night, no lie.

Since the first time using it, I fell in love with it. This is actually amazing. With this brush you can draw a line as precise as you wish, it covers every eyeshadow, it is deep black, dries quickly and never smudges, unless you are using it wrong. If you love dramatic eyeliner as I do, you should be good at drawing lines because the brush is so precise you'll see small mistakes. Also, I like the compact packaging.

The price is probably the best thing about it. This could definitely beat a high end product. I'll never buy another liquid eyeliner than this one and I'm also going to try the waterproof version of this for sure.

Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by honeysighs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would say this about a product so cheap... but it is almost perfect. I prefer it over my usual choice of liquid eyeliner Magic Ink by Benefit.
It is a smooth, easy application, clean flicks can be made with ease with the little brush applicator and it lasts all day.
The only issue I have if any is that it isn't waterproof.. but other than that it is fabulous value- only 4 AUD! Crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the really really thin brush one that is shaped as a cylinder not the eggish one. but I really like this eyeliner. not too much smudging...not the best...its really good for the price.try it out? what do you have to loose? it does take a while to dry though and it is hard to get out of the bottle.