October 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the double end liquid liner pen in black. I needed a thin tip liner pen after maybelline changed theirs to this thick tip and Essence had a thin tip as well as a thick tip. Not bad for the price but I can't use it everyday as it'll cause a mild reaction with my eyelids so that's a bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

This is my 2nd purchase, so already answered to the re-purchase part. It goes on thick(ly) but is soooo rich and black that I love it!! I use it for the days where I'm simply too lazy to wear a heavy mascara (Great Lash work days for example) or just wearing a lengthening mascara. It may be just me, but I find it a little hard to do a fine line with it, but that's ok, like I said, great for the lazy mascara days (or no mascara days). It's sooo incredibly in-expensive that it's alright to just keep it the month I keep any liquid eye products (I toss away mascara and liners after 6 wks max) and can feel guilt-less w/ this as I only paid 2.99 CAD for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This may just be my new HG liquid eyeliner I just love it!!!! The color is a nice deep black, it never smudges or flakes and it lasts all day! The applicator is one of the easiest I have ever used and it is so simple to get that perfect line and then wing it out for a cute cat eye. This eyeliner is cheap too and for a bargain diva like me I love finding something I love that doesn't break the bank!!!! I recommend that everyone give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I looooooove this eyeliner. It is dramatic, bold and stays on for ages. I love it. I have the waterproof one, and it is definitely true to its word. The only downside to this is the applicator, it makes it difficult to get thin lines so I wouldn't use this as an everyday eyeliner, more as a going out type. Would definitely buy again as it is very cheap in Australia!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by helloiamliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with an eyeliner.

First of all I have to say that I use liquid eyeliner every day ever since I have been using make up. I have made terrible experiences with eyeliners, and so-so ones with expensive ones. I used fo buy liquid eyeliners from Astor, Gosh, Alverde and other brands.

If you ask me, a liquid eyeliner must be long lasting, pigmented, quickly drying and coming with a good brush to work with. So when my last one ran out I went to the drugstore and found this one. I actually stopped using drugstore makeup, but this one was so cheap I decided to give it a try. it costs about 2€. I must say that I always do the powder trick before applying eye shadow and eyeliner: I apply primer, my foundation and then I throw on good amount of powder over my eyelids because this makes your eye make up stay in place all day and night, no lie.

Since the first time using it, I fell in love with it. This is actually amazing. With this brush you can draw a line as precise as you wish, it covers every eyeshadow, it is deep black, dries quickly and never smudges, unless you are using it wrong. If you love dramatic eyeliner as I do, you should be good at drawing lines because the brush is so precise you'll see small mistakes. Also, I like the compact packaging.

The price is probably the best thing about it. This could definitely beat a high end product. I'll never buy another liquid eyeliner than this one and I'm also going to try the waterproof version of this for sure.

Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by honeysighs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never thought I would say this about a product so cheap... but it is almost perfect. I prefer it over my usual choice of liquid eyeliner Magic Ink by Benefit.
It is a smooth, easy application, clean flicks can be made with ease with the little brush applicator and it lasts all day.
The only issue I have if any is that it isn't waterproof.. but other than that it is fabulous value- only 4 AUD! Crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the really really thin brush one that is shaped as a cylinder not the eggish one. but I really like this eyeliner. not too much smudging...not the best...its really good for the price.try it out? what do you have to loose? it does take a while to dry though and it is hard to get out of the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this, I have always been searching for a cheap alternative to Stilas liquid liner pen and for $3 or so this iis great.
I have both the waterproof and non waterproof versions and cannot really differentiate between the two.
They are both shiny pigmented black liquid coming out that dries to a matte finish.
The packaging is small and compact with a felt tip applicator that is easy to work with.
My only issue with most liquid liners is that the bigger the cat eye wing, the more faded/patchy it wears, so best to keep close to the lash line and only a small flick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard a lot of great things about Essence and it is very popular over in Europe. It is available here in the US in some stores now so I am finally getting the opportunity to see what all the raves are about. I picked up this liquid eye liner a couple of months ago and I have been using it quite a bit. I still prefer a pencil liner because I am simply better at applying them and invariably I will bobble, have to sneeze, or blink at the wrong time and have to redo part of my liquid line. So I don't reach for liquid liners as much but I do like the sharp precise line they give and this one is a fantastic deal. It has a small short handled brush which is actually easier to use than a longer handled brush, I feel like I have more control with the shorter one. This goes on smoothly and evenly and it dries quickly unless you get it too heavy in one spot. It stays put all day and does not flake off or smudge. If you happen to rub your eyes it will come off, but no liner is perfect. If you make a mistake you can easily fix it with a cotton tipped swab and a redo as long as you get to it immediately before it dries. If you wait a minute it will already be dried and set. I don't remember the exact cost of this but I think it was around $3. This is really a bargain and it works very well for me. I will be getting this again as it performs well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This liquid eyeliner was terrible for me. The brush is a felt tip that was very thick. The eyeliner itself, is very watery. It's black, but watery. It takes 4ever to dry! It doesn't give me a straight line. It burns my eye if its near the bottom of my eye. The packaging is adorable though. It's shaped like a bullet. I got this eyeliner for $3 at my local SDM. I would not buy this product again.