November 28, 2014 | 1247 users online

Blush - Essence - Soufflé Touch Blush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by SSacrebleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I guess mine was gone bad, because it crumpled and was non blendable, didn't give off any color. The shade (Frozen Strawberry) was really beautiful, even the scent was okay, but texture was awful. So if you going to buy it, better choose fresh batch or don't purchase it on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by flarriva

I really hate it, the consistency of this blush makes me sick! It was my first cream blush and I thought I didn't know how to apply it or use it, but now I understand that this stuff is HORRIBLE. I got mine in 020 Frozen Strawberry and it's like nothing, it doesn't add colour on my cheeks and it flakes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ReginaDrake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolute hate this product! It's a weird consistence, like play-dough. It sticks to your nail, to your fingers, everywhere!

And then there is the application, it does not apply smoothly, it doesn't spread out like other products. Maybe I got a bad one since no one has pointed out this much problems... Mine just refuses to spread, it clumps on my face so bad that I can't even use this to make halloween's makeup. It's like I put pudding in my face, clumpy and nasty.

It smells a bit like hair products, but it not over the top, and that's is the only thing good about it.
Do not waste your money, but a nail polish or a lipstick by Essence, those are much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by imaunicorn

I'm a sucker for cream blushes so I had to get these. I used it every day for a week and then forgot about it. After a month or so, I pick it up again and the smell is a bit funky but I still put it on and it flakes on my face. I read that many people had the same problem - it has to be consumed really quickly. Won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by hiphuphop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a very pretty blush, I have it in the shade 'Frozen Strawberry'. But the con is that after a half hour it's gone. I wouldn't buy it again, because it's just like gone after a half an hour, but it's a pretty color :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a new type of blush as powder blush tends to accentuate the little flaws on my skin. I tried cream blush but wasn't really blown away.
I've heard and read so many good things about Essence that I wanted to see if they had some special blushes. I picked up the soufflé blush in fresh apricot and in cold wildberry.
I was a bit skeptical about application as the consistency is really weird. It's not soufflé as such, it's more of a creamy-jelly but it's really nice on the skin, brings a fresh sensation to the cheeks.
I take a bit with my finger and blend it lightly on my hand, then dip my stippling brush in it and apply it evenly on the apples of my cheeks.
I like how you can choose a light everyday look, or go a bit dramatic by using more.
Overall it's a really nice product, super cheap. It hasn't broken me out yet so fingers crossed!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

no no no... don't spend your money on that..:/ it doesn't apply beautifully.. it is a weird consistency that sticks to my hand when I try to apply it with my hands.. even with a stippling brush it looks patchy and I don't have dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this one, sounded as a great idea, but I get lumps of blush on my cheeks when I apply it (fingers or brush) and it won't go evenly. Maybe it collides with my foundation, I don't know, but I'm not satisfied. I got it in 020 - frozen strawberry, that is a beautiful color, dark pink with somewhat red undertone.
EDIT: I adore the color, but I still haven't found the right way to use it. So 5 lippies for the color and 3 for the application

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this wonderful product in the limited edition, Ballerina Backstage, #1 Prima Ballerina. It is a beautiful "dirty" pastel pink which shows up beautifully on my cheeks with one application. After applying it lasted me all day, which is pretty good - I'm a primary school teacher and spend my day on the move. I love how easy application is as well - I apply with my fingers and blend out whilst smiling, and it looks great. So all in all, a fantastic, SUPER cheap product. In Australia, "drugstore" brands like Maybelline, Covergirl, even L'Oreal and Revlon, products range from $15 to $30. These products top out at around $6.00. For that price, I can afford to buy more, even if some products are "misses".

The only gripe I have with the brand as a whole is that their products aren't shrink plastic wrapped, and it can be a challenge sometimes to find a product which hasn't been tampered with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly use HE products, but I love to buy Essence and Catrice since it is so cheap and they really have some nice and surprising products. I picked up t his blush in Frozen Strawberry and was expecting more of a cream blush. It is however, as the name promises, more a souffle like texture, quite watery and more gellike in my opinion. It has quite a strong smell, which doesn't bother me, but I know that it can put some people off.
Best way to apply it is to take a small amount of product on your fingertips and gently dab it on your cheekbone and blend it out.

I made the mistake of applying a bit too much and start rubbing it on my cheek, since it has such a light texture it was absorbed rather quickly and I ended up with a big stain of blush, not pretty at all.

But dabbing it on works great, and you can build the intensity but it still stays natural.

Another special thing about this blush, besides the fact that it is dirt cheap, it has a nice cooling effect. Great for summer! Powder tends to fade on my combo skin in humid/ hot weather and cream blushes can be too heavy. This however is light and cooling and lasts all day.

The packaging is decent, comes in a nice jar and since you don't need a lot of product it will prob go bad before you finished it. I never recommend to keep this kind of products in your car or bag when it's humid or hot, since I think it will go bad way sooner..

They only have 3 shades, 4 if you count the LE one from the Fruity collection, so it is rather limited. Frozen strawberry was the only one that appealed to me and looks nice on me (BB stick foundation in Honey, LM oil free TM in Almond) plus the LE one from the Fruity collection is nice too.

To sum it all up:
Pro:
- Cheap
- Cooling effect
- Light but buildable texture
-A little goes a long way

Con:
- The scent (I don't mind it, but it is rather strong)
- Colour range is very limited

Overall, great find, esp. for that price, hope they will add more colours. Will def repurchase, but I don't expect it to be finished anytime soon, prob will go bad before that time, but at this price I don't mind.