September 20, 2014 | 1012 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - GUD Floral Cherrynova Natural Nourishing Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

If they had a "half" lippie option, I'd select that for the price to make it 2 1/2 lippies and overall score. I felt like my hair got oilier quicker after maybe 2 days. I try to wash my hair every other day and if I skip that day, my hair feels and looks a little oily at the roots. With this shampoo I feel like my hair got oily even quicker than that, like halfway on the second day. Maybe it's because it's more natural and gentler then say Tresemme or Pantene and not as stripping. My hair didn't look as shiny. Packaging is just average. By the way the actual scent I got was Mango Moonlit? Definitely Mango and Moon though. I assume the formulas are the same for all the scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ainsley730

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells amazing and does the job! I don't love the conditioner, but the shampoo is lovely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Ghoulina

This shampoo is terrible! It does not lather up very well, the fragrance disappears almost immediately and worst of all, it left my hair feeling sticky and dirty. It either did not do a good job cleansing or it left a filmy residue behind. It's a very unpleasant feeling. Definitely going to bin this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might be the worst shampoo I've ever tried. It left my hair feeling like it was coated with a sticky, oily grime. It made my hair extremely difficult to comb through, hard to thoroughly blow-dry (the weird film it left on my hair made it always feel a bit damp), and when dried and styled like normal, my hair looked dull, listless, limp. I used it several times, making sure to rinse thoroughly, just to be sure this wasn't user error -- same results every time. I only bought it because Target stopped carrying my normal shampoo, but I ended up throwing it away and running to CVS. I've never been so happy to wash my hair as I was the day I got rid of this and went back to my old shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by reginaratchet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shampoo. I've been using it about a week now. It smells amazing! It definitely makes my hair less prone to tangles and manageable. It cleans well, though sometimes I feel I need to use more to get the suds going. For the price, I love it. I try to only use beauty products with natural ingredients so I will be sticking with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo & conditioner. My hair is very dry and damaged and I have tried all sorts of shampoos and conditioners and treatments only to be disappointed every single time. I have to constantly use moisturizing treatments that never work, and I have to always use leave-in conditioner just to make my hair manageable, which makes my hair really greasy-looking by the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kimbleB

Since I prefer to use products derived from mostly natural ingredients, when I saw this sitting on the shelf in it's pretty bottle I decided to try it. Unfortunately this left the absolute worst grimy film on my hair, to the point it was difficult to comb through after showering. It also left my highlighted hair limp and lifeless after blowdrying. The scent is very pleasant but I returned it due to the above issues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is from the new line of Burt's Bees GUD products, which come in shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, body wash & lotion, body butter, hand soap & mist. The scent I chose is the Floral Cherrynova, which is described as:

"top notes of juicy bing cherries and freen green, a heart of rosewood and a white floral bouquet, and bottom notes of warm milk accord and creamy musk"

Similar to the Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom (the original, not the japanese). It contains 'fragrance', so it is not all natural, but it does contain quite a few natural ingredients. This is a strongly scented shampoo that leans towards the watery side, and lathers better on the second shampoo. The conditioner works okay with this and to my nose, is not as strongly scented as the shampoo. Leaves my hair shiny and soft, but not coated or weighed down. The only negative for me is I do notice a little more shedding, but my hair is prone to shedding anyways with the wrong formula. Probably best for those with fine or oily hair, without a lot of 'issues' (mine is fine, oilier at the roots, prone to dry ends & damage). Overall a nice basic shampoo that is strongly fragranced (stays on your hair all day) & reasonably priced. I paid $6.99 for mine at Ulta. Cute white packaging with pink flowers, too.

Ingredients: Water, sodium coco-sulfate, sodium bis-hydroxyethylglycinate coco-glucosides crosspolymer, Oryza sativa (rice) extract, fragrance, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, betaine, Hibiscus sabdariffa flower*, Mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf extract*, Salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract*, Thymus vulgaris (thyme) leaf extract*, Urtica dioica (nettle) leaf extract*, Origanum vulgare leaf oil*, Thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil*, sodium lauroyl lactylate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, lauryl lactyl lactate, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, sodium chloride, disodium cocoyl glutamate, potassium sorbate, lactic acid, xanthan gum, sodium polyaspartate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, hydrolyzed jojoba protein, arginine, leuconostoc ferment filtrate, ascorbic acid, citric acid, alcohol denat.