July 24, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Lavender Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I just want to start off by saying that unlike their rosť salve, I can actually OPEN this container.
I bought this from bath and body works for about 7 dollars and use it every night. I slather it on my hands and lips. Not only does this moisturize, but it helps me fall asleep. I will buy this over and over again. I love the smell and hardly find it artificial.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by kristiwashere

I am loving this product as a cuticle moisturizer. Lanolin has become very popular for hand & cuticle care on the Nail Board, but I hated dealing with the squeeze tube; I noticed these salves at Bath & Body Works which are mostly lanolin-based, and i preferred the scent of Lavender Salve so that's the one I bought. I've now bought 3 tubs? tins? of it. It's very reasonably priced at about $5-6. It's smooth and easy to rub into my cuticles, as well as my lips. Lanolin is the first product to continually keep my cuticles in great condition and soft, I am so happy with this product.

The only issue may be that the tin container is not very sanitary unless you wash your hands immediately prior to using it; however, I can't really think of much better packaging for this product. As I said, I hated the tube packaging of Lansinoh and Medela lanolin, it's hard to squeeze out the product; I much prefer the ease of this Salve's packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finally found my HG lip balm; completely on a whim at B&BW. I am constantly suffering from chapped lips, and have tried everything - Darphin, Caudalie Lip Treatment, Nuxe Lip Treatment Stick, Nivea, Vaseline - and this is the best I've yet found. Non-sticky, slightly heavy, but 100% effective as a balm - both by itself and under lip colour.

Great price (B&BW outlet constantly has this, but the actual stores themselves always have sales and B1G1F promotions), cutesy packaging. Only complaint being the packaging - but I always carry a purse-size hand-sanitizer so it hasn't that bothersome. Great, cheapy product that is a new must-have for me; and another thing that gets me into B&BW to spend more dosh.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a HUGE fan of Lavender scented (and flavored! lavender cupcakes are YUM!) things I was SO excited to have found this stuff. I am a big fan of Smith's Rosebud salve, and while the CO Bigelow version is ok, something about the scent threw me off. Unfortunately, whatever it is about that scent I find off-putting is in the Lavender salve as well. The product works well enough but the lavender is quite artificial, and I prefer something fresher. Also, I have a terrible habit of leaving this in my car which liquifies it in the heat and makes it all icky. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie21

I was a huge fan of C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve, and I love lavender so when I saw this I knew I had to give it a try. It's the most universal product. I use this as a lip balm, on really dry skin patches, on my cuticles, to soothe bug bites. I can't live without this stuff.It's a must have in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by LetThemEatShoes

I'm hooked!
I was on persuit of smiths rosebud salve when I decided the far drive wasn't worth a product I didn't even know if I would like. Then I found this! I adore lavender and was attracted to the packaging. I love the product, I used it on literally everything. Lips, dry skin, fly away hairs and unruly eyebrows, bug bites, razorburn, you name it.
It is a bit like vasaline but it smells wonderfully like lavender (with vanilla undertones) and I wouldn't use vasaline on a lot of the things I use this for. It's a great product that I dont know how I survived without.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product mostly because of the packaging. That's what attracted me to it in the first place, because it was different from all the other bath and body works lip gloss tubes. It can be used on not only your lips but your cuticles, knees, elbows, dry patches and more. It's small and handy, and doesn't take up a lot of space in my makeup bag :) this is my HG salve!! But I'm careful not to use it with dirty hands, since jar salves like this tend to carry a lot of bacteria if you use it with dirty hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a huge fan of the original C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve and was extremely dissapointed when the Apple Rose Salve and Blueberry Rose Salve didn't quite smell as great. I literally use the Rose Salve every single day. It is the first product I apply to my lips in the morning. I CANNOT live without it. I took a whiff of this at B & BW yesterday and fell in love with the scent. I also love the light violet color of the product. It moisturizes just as well and does not leave a hint of color whatsoever on the lips. I love it.