August 28, 2014 | 1628 users online

Skincare - Face - Hard Candy - Take It Off - Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a travel size of this in a set and it sucks so bad i ended up just using them to take makeup swatches on the back of my hand.... Though this didnt break me out or irritate my skin it felt like a cheap cloth and water was all i was doing... it wasnt taking my makeup off it was just sliding it all over my face!

pros:
-Cheap
-Didnt break me out
-Cut packaging

Cons:
-Slid makeup all over my face
-Cheap cloth material (can pull it apart)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lunapath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This makeup remover really only has one job, and it doesn't do it while smelling of plastic and dill pickles. I give it a decent review on price, though, because I didn't throw that much money away. (I suppose I should clarify -- From the other reviews I must be doing something wrong, but I really have to struggle with cotton rounds and Q-Tips while using this to get eyeliner and mascara off.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Missunlucky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this makeup remover for more then a year and I have to say it is my favorite! It takes off my waterproof makeup in just a couple of swipes. You also don't need too much! Will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite. I've been using it for over a year and I am still in love. It will take of anything. It takes off my eye shadow, glitter, lash adhesive, waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Its also great at taking off all of my "face" makeup as well. It does take a little bit of effort to get some of the eye makeup off, but it all comes off in the end. It does leave a bit of a residue on my face but nothing that doesn't rinse off with water. I love its thick texture, it makes it really easy to spread and to remove. Like I said I've been using it for over a year. A tube lasts me about 3-4 months, which is pretty typical for any makeup remover of a similar style. It only costs about $5 a tube so the price is right. This is a definite must in my makeup arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy Take it Off is supposedly the "ultimate makeup remover that easily wipes away stubborn waterproof and 24 hour makeup without leaving any greasy residue. Take it Off removes glitter and waterproof eye makeup and bold colors. So go ahead and makeup..then Take it Off!". If you recall, I absolutely adored Hard Candy's Take it Off Makeup Remover Wipes, so I was fully expecting to like this product. I have yet to find a makeup remover that really works for me, plus Hard Candy was the last brand I ever thought to try a makeup remover from. I got a 1fl oz (30ml) sample size of Take it Off in Hard Candy's Ultimate Essentials Kit, which was $8. The full size contains at least twice as much product and retails for just $5. Hard Candy, a former high end brand, is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy does not test on animals. This eye makeup remover was made in the USA.
Packaging for this mini makeup remover is just the same as the full size. This skincare goody comes in a white squeeze tube with a flat, black, flip top cap, so it stands upright. The front of the tube features the Hard Candy logo and tattoo-y design, along with the name of the product, written in black letters against a pink splatter design. The back of the tube has a description of the product in English and French, along with some company info. The packaging isn't as cute as most Hard Candy products, but it's in a squeeze tube, therefore it is awesome and functional.
Take It Off is a lotion style makeup remover. I used Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover for at least 5 years, and Hard Candy's makeup remover is actually identical in texture. This stuff is obviously creamy and lotion like in texture, thin in consistency, and white in color. Take it Off is fragrance free. I smother a small amount of this product over my moistened eye area and gently run it in to help dissolve the makeup. This product rinses cleanly. Unfortunately this makeup remover isn't very effective. Hard Candy's Take it Off is very gentle and little bit moisturizing (this stuff contains aloe and coconut oil), which is great, but it doesn't benefit my skin enough for me to want to continue using this makeup remover. Take it Off only takes off 1/2 to 2/3 of my eye makeup. My eyeshadow gets removed, and a portion of my eyeliner and mascara, leaving behind enough that I still need to use a neato little tool like Almay's Makeup Eraser Sticks to help me get my eye area makeup-free.
Ugh. Hard Candy Take it Off Makeup Remover. Why? You are so gentle and easy to use and cheap and convenient. Why can't you just work? I feel like that's always the problem with lotion makeup removers, they're great in theory, but only kinda work. So the quest continues for a makeup remover that really works for me. I don't recommend Hard Candy's Take it Off Makeup Remover unless you only wear a little bit of makeup on a daily basis. This isn't an awful makeup remover, it just doesn't meet my personal needs. It migh be a good choice for you if you have sensitive skin, but stick to the matching wipes otherwise. Still, I won't be repurchasing this eye makeup remover, but I will finish it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I use a blend of maybelline superstay 24hr and Colorstay 16hr as my foundation. Which is a wonderful combination for lasting power, but is REALLY hard to remove. I tried the cream version of Take it Off twice. If I massage it in, and then wipe (yuck, I hate that word....wipe....)a warm, damp facecloth over my face it will take off most of my makeup, but still leave a residue. I had to repeat two more times to remove it all, which isn't really a big deal, it just makes me nervous that it's still missing some foundation hidden in my pores that will make me breakout. Other makeup removers - like Clean and Clear oil free makeup dissolving stuff - worked better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

So I bought the Take it off wipes because I like Hard Candy products but this product was horrible. It took my makeup off easily but I got a crazy red rash from it and my face began peeling after a few days around my eyes. Worst makeup remover wipes ever. I gave them away and apparently they work great for her but not for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looks like I'll be the one to rain on this parade. Although this product works amazingly well and is cheap, it's also very highly fragranced (enough to make my whole bathroom smell and make me nauseated) and really burned my eyes. It feels as though there's menthol or something similar in the formula. Even after washing and rinsing the (very little) residual off and flooding my eyes with drops, they stung for some time. It's a shame, because the product removes even waterproof mascara effortlessly. Bummer. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a huge amount of product for only $5! And it works so amazingly well! I don't wear much makeup for a regular day (some powder foundation, liquid eyeliner, mascara) but I do wear extremely heavy makeup for work as a gogo dancer. Full coverage foundation, dark lipstick, waterproof eye makeup and loads of glitter. Either way, this makeup remover can take it all off extremely quickly and easily without burning or irritating my skin. I love love love it and will use it for as long as it is available.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by WitchyGoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used both the cream and the package of wipes and I much prefer the tube of cream. I think it's the best makeup remover I've ever purchased. Seriously.
I use the tube in the shower: I take a small dollop and massage it into my face and especially around my eyes to get off the mascara and eyeliner ( I usually wear cat eyes style eye makeup and it's a pain to get off!). A quick scrub afterwards with a soft washcloth and rinse gets the mess off. This stuff isn't greasy, it doesn't burn the skin around your eyes and you can't beat the price for that huge tube! $5!
The wipes I'm not so fond of. They work but I have to scrub like heck to get eye makeup off. I also tend to use multiples as one reviewer noted before.
Unless you're on the go and need to remove makeup on the fly, go with the tube and forget the wipes. You'll be glad you did. ;)