August 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair type: long, thin, mildly healthy, Asian hair that likes to be straight
My hair is a bit a dry on the ends and has a tendency to develop split ends even if i use heat protectant. I also don't curl or straighten my hair often with hot tools. I do blowdry my hair maybe every other day and before doing so i put in an oil or serum.

I was hoping this shampoo will heal my ends or at least keep them moisturized with it's claim of "intensive damage therapy". This shampoo/conditioner made my ends even drier than they are and my hair gets all tangly from it.

If you find this product drying, try using the Dove Nourishing Oil shampoo/conditioner. Works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ascott2

Love this shampoo. It makes your hair silky and shiny and does not seem to weigh my hair down. The smell is nice as well! My only complaint is the packaging! I wish all the big bottles came with pumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by ncc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Provides good volume that lasts shampoo to shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by AtomicPlaygirl

I love this shampoo. Conditions my fine, dry hair, without making my roots oily. Somewhat heavy to use throughout the week, so I use it about 3x a week and works great. Also, makes your hair smell amazing, big plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thick and coarse hair due to highlights and frequent coloring. My hair is super fried, and I have tried everything to fix the problem from spending numerous amounts of money on more expensive shampoos and conditioners to applying hair masks that have never really done me any good. I almost gave up and figured I would always just walk around with split ends and frizziness, and then I decided to try the dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner. MAGICALLY my hair not only smelled amazing, but it became smoother and super soft. If I let my hair air dry, I can smell the wonderful scent that lasts about two days!!! It doesn't smell as strong when I blow dry, but it still smells fresh. I absolutely love the way the shampoo and conditioner duo work together to make my hair look and feel the best it has in years!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I have long, fine hair and this is my favorite everyday shampoo. I am on my 3rd bottle. It gently cleanses my hair and removes my styling products with over stripping it. As a bonus, it's inexpensive and smells good. This is an odd thing to add but I have noticed I don't shed as much whenever I use this shampoo. My sister has thick, color treated hair and loves this shampoo as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by misskaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I go back and forth between this and another shampoo. But this shampoo makes my hair smell like heaven! I have fine, not necessarily super thin hair, but I still need a shampoo to keep it strong and shiny, and this does it's job! Plus the price is amazing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie036

Ok so I have been using this shampoo and conditioner for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I really really like it! The smell is amazing and it really makes my hair soft with a natural shine! I straighten my hair pretty often so I need something to keep my hair healthy! And this does the trick! (The only thing I noticed it that it kinda dried out my scalp.) but overall I would repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo and matching conditioner having already fallen head over heels in love with the mask in the same range. I bought the 350ml big bottles from ASDA for 2 for £4. What drew me in was the promise of 5x improvement in cellular strength of hair (I'm a sucker for science).

I could really use that protection! I don't colour my hair, but do blowdry, straighten and curl pretty often, and wash daily. Plus I'm terrible at making time to go get it trimmed (*slaps own hand*), so I am prone to splits!

So I gave these bad boys a whirl!

Scent; great. Not "oh my god smell me" great (I like sweet or herbal smelling products, this is "faux-floral"), but pleasant all the same. The shampoo is a very creamy texture, and slightly pearlescent, while the conditioner is thick, white, and ... conditionery :/

The shampoo cleansed without over-cleansing and knotting my hair up, and the conditioner rinses out to give a lovely silky finish.

Once dried and/or straightened, I find my hair is mega shiny, very soft, not quite so "fluffy" and just generally wonderful... I could be looking through rose tinted glasses, but I do think the tensile strength of my hair has improved with use too...

Having tried many, many high end and high street products, the dove results are only seconded by how my over-priced but brilliant, well known chain of hairdressers make my hair. Would whole heartedly recommend this shampoo/conditioner combo!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by turtlebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My husband purchased an industrial sized bottle of this from Sam's Club. He gets a horribly dry scalp during the winter and thought this would help. I ran out of my regular Kenra shampoo and figured I'd try it as long as I still had plenty of my good conditioner. Well for the first few days my hair looked great. I loved the smell and the lather and couldn't find anything to complain about. After about the fourth day, I noticed my scalp and around my hairline was completely broken out in some of the most severe acne I've ever had. I've never been acne prone so it was a shock and if you can imagine having severely painful acne all in your scalp, I thought I was going to lose my mind it hurt so badly. I stopped using it and it took almost three weeks to clear up. I don't think the shampoo itself is a bad thing, it actually worked great for my hair but obviously it has something in it that my body doesn't like. Hubby can have his shampoo back.