November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Hollyoshaughnessy

I have to say the first time I used this I was really happy with it. I love the smell! I do really think using this with the conditioner does a great job with my long, thick, slightly wavy hair! My hair looks shiny and feels soft after using this. I bought the large bottle with pump tops which I really love. Definitely would recommend to those with similar hair type to mine. I would think it would work well for many hair types, but couldn't say for certain. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by aberg1991

I'm a huge fan of Dove products in general, but especially shower products. I love their body wash, and I've just recently come back to the shampoo. I used to buy the original Dove shampoo/conditioner from Costco but I switched to a different product and then another and another after that, kind of forgetting how well this stuff used to work. The last shampoo/conditioner duo I tried I ended up being extremely allergic to (Garnier), so I needed to switch to something new and I found myself reminiscing about the days I used to use Dove shampoo and conditioner and how happy and healthy and clean my hair was. So I switched back, and I'm so happy that I did. I bought this set in Walmart, I wanted to make sure I still loved it before I bought big ass bottles from costco. This is different than what I used to use but I think this has become the new 'original' formula. Let me start by saying this stuff smells amazing. It's not fruity, its subtle...but it still has a lovely clean scent that I just love. My hair is SOFT. And I mean frickin soft. Once a week I do a clarifying/deep moisture routine (Neutrogena clarifying and Aussie 3 minute miracle moist-love those products...the very best) just to de-gunk and deep clean, and the other times I wash I use this. My hair is bouncy and looks like life was breathed back into it. It's light but its not dry and damaged. I can't stop touching my hair. For a few years I switched to higher end products (Paul Mitchell and TIGI Bed Head) and my hair was baaadddddd. Very bad. By the time I stopped using Bed Head it was gross...drying much faster than it should after a shower (that means it was dried out and unhealthy) and it lost its shine and just looked boring and dull. My hair is wonderful again. I can't say enough good things about this product. I don't know why drugstore products get such a bad rep. I understand that there may be a lot more that goes into developing a salon line, but not all of us can afford to pay $70 for a shampoo/conditioner duo and frankly I get better results and healthier hair with drugstore products. I think Dove is some of the best of the best. Try it. If you hate it, you spent less than $10 and can go find something different!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair type: long, thin, mildly healthy, Asian hair that likes to be straight
My hair is a bit a dry on the ends and has a tendency to develop split ends even if i use heat protectant. I also don't curl or straighten my hair often with hot tools. I do blowdry my hair maybe every other day and before doing so i put in an oil or serum.

I was hoping this shampoo will heal my ends or at least keep them moisturized with it's claim of "intensive damage therapy". This shampoo/conditioner made my ends even drier than they are and my hair gets all tangly from it.

If you find this product drying, try using the Dove Nourishing Oil shampoo/conditioner. Works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ascott2

Love this shampoo. It makes your hair silky and shiny and does not seem to weigh my hair down. The smell is nice as well! My only complaint is the packaging! I wish all the big bottles came with pumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by ncc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Provides good volume that lasts shampoo to shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by AtomicPlaygirl

I love this shampoo. Conditions my fine, dry hair, without making my roots oily. Somewhat heavy to use throughout the week, so I use it about 3x a week and works great. Also, makes your hair smell amazing, big plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thick and coarse hair due to highlights and frequent coloring. My hair is super fried, and I have tried everything to fix the problem from spending numerous amounts of money on more expensive shampoos and conditioners to applying hair masks that have never really done me any good. I almost gave up and figured I would always just walk around with split ends and frizziness, and then I decided to try the dove intensive repair shampoo and conditioner. MAGICALLY my hair not only smelled amazing, but it became smoother and super soft. If I let my hair air dry, I can smell the wonderful scent that lasts about two days!!! It doesn't smell as strong when I blow dry, but it still smells fresh. I absolutely love the way the shampoo and conditioner duo work together to make my hair look and feel the best it has in years!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I have long, fine hair and this is my favorite everyday shampoo. I am on my 3rd bottle. It gently cleanses my hair and removes my styling products with over stripping it. As a bonus, it's inexpensive and smells good. This is an odd thing to add but I have noticed I don't shed as much whenever I use this shampoo. My sister has thick, color treated hair and loves this shampoo as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by misskaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I go back and forth between this and another shampoo. But this shampoo makes my hair smell like heaven! I have fine, not necessarily super thin hair, but I still need a shampoo to keep it strong and shiny, and this does it's job! Plus the price is amazing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Makeupjunkie036

Ok so I have been using this shampoo and conditioner for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I really really like it! The smell is amazing and it really makes my hair soft with a natural shine! I straighten my hair pretty often so I need something to keep my hair healthy! And this does the trick! (The only thing I noticed it that it kinda dried out my scalp.) but overall I would repurchase!!