Hard Candy Shiny When Wet

2.0

on 2/4/2013 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I usually love hard candy products but I'm wary of their mascaras and this one was a NIGHTMARE! This is supposed to be a waterproof and smudge proof product but that's amusing because it pretty much begins smudging right away. And this product is so messy, It always manages to get around the opening so that it stains your hands. The mascara is okay to use in an emergency but don't bother with the waxy, hard to apply eyeliner. There are much better products for the money!

i did not like this mascara/eye liner combo at all. the eye liner never dries and always smears, and the mascara cakes on easily and also smears. it is deffinately not waterproof and in the water is smears more than outside the water. it takes me about 10 minutes longer than putting on regular eye liner and mascara, and i probably won't be buying this anymore!

on 10/5/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This mascara and liner combo sucks. Not only does it take all curl out of my lashes but within minutes, the mascara and/or liner smears both above an below my eyes. Don't buy!

on 8/3/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I too, fell for Lucky magazines lies. Cool packaging but awful mascara. It smudges easily and I end up with raccoon eyes within 10 minutes of having it on. The liner smudges just as easily. I never buy anything but cheap brand mascara and Im so mad at myself for wasting 7 bucks on this on Luckys suggestion. The only thing I really like about it is the applicator brush and at least it holds up with a waterproof mascara on top of it.

on 5/20/2012 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was promoted in Lucky Magazine as giving lashes a shiny look like you had just come out of the pool. I thought that was amazing so immediately went out to get it and it turns out that isn't true-- my lashes are not shiny at all. It also is not totally waterproof-- I would say it is more like water-resistant. And also, it is difficult to remove, even with makeup remover wipes. Kind of the worst of both worlds haha However, it does not flake at all and, as long as the wand is wiped first before applying, gives nice even natural coverage that holds a curl well. It may be worth repurchasing for these reasons, that it isn't a bad natural-looking mascara considering the price. Although I'd like to find a formula that's actually glossy or shiny. Maybe the joke is that the name is exactly accurate-- this product IS shiny when wet-- just not when dry haha This review is for the mascara, I haven't tried the eyeliner included in the tube.

on 4/25/2012 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product for a few reasons:
1-It is waterproof & I have a bad problem with my eyes watering from seasonal allergies & I just like the security of a waterproof mascara.
2-It said it was smudge proof
3.-I liked that it was two products in one container, which I can toss in my purse makeup case.

Well, the mascara has a nice texture & gave me some much needed volume, the eyeliner went on easy, though the brush had some stray hairs I had to snip off.

But halfway into my day, the mascara had smudged down to under my eyes, even though I just did my top lashes & it had also smudged up, much like a greasy kohl pencil wood.

The eyeliner stayed on pretty well.

As far as "shiny" I'd say that really was not the case, though it had a nice dark pigment.

Sigh. I am going to give it another go tomorrow, but my initial reaction was this product did not live up to my expectations.

on 3/21/2012 6:47:00 AM

The liquid eyeliner that comes with this is pretty much crap. No matter how long I let it dry on my upper lid, it smears terribly. I really like the mascara, though. It stays put all day and doesn't smear. So, the eyeliner is NO GOOD!