November 21, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Be Legendary (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MOUNTAINGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just went to have a makeover done at the Smashbox counter. I have used some of their products before, and really liked them. But this time I tried their Be Legendary lip laquer in Off-Duty. Wow, is really all I can say. If you only knew how many lipsticks I have tried AND BOUGHT OVER THE YEARS!! Just sayin, probably over a ton. Anyway this color is killer, it is the perfect shade I have been looking for for years. I really could have cried, and it wears rather well too. I think I have died,and gone to makeup heaven. The color brightens ,but doesn't scream old women trying to look young. Just enough color to light up my whole face a little bit. Just had to tell you about winning the lipstick lottery,first time in 69 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Amslater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On of my favourite lipsticks. I bought the shade Sunset Junction and I must buy some more! I don't totally love the colour on me but this is my longest lasting lipstick, it's creamy but doesn't transfer like some others. It lasted through a meal without needed to be reapplied which is more than I can say for my other lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a great lipstick!! I made a point recently to expand my lipstick collection, I only have a few reds and bright pinks, and that's it. So, I thought about trying out Smashbox's line and was glad I did! I got two: Posy Pink and Legendary. I'll start with the pink: I love it! It's super long wearing and such a nice colour that's not in your face. It doesn't clash with eye makeup, and many of my blushes look really great with it. I put it on at 8am this morning, it's now 2:30 and the colour is still there and it's creamy and didnt bleed out. Lasted through morning and afternoon coffee too, pretty impressive! Now the Legendary: It's a super awesome red that also isn't too loud, it's subtle yet bold which is sometimes hard to find in reds. I actually find this formula to be more of a thicker tinted lip balm or gloss, as opposed to the classic definition of "lipstick" (not a complaint!). Formula is not drying, and like I said, lasts really long!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the lipstick in Pretty Social. So beautiful rosy pink color with creamy finish. I love that it feels moisturizing, however it does not last long. I find it very similar to Bobbi Brown's Bikini Pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick very much and yet I gave it 2 lippies. What gives? Well, the lipstick itself is lovely, it is a mauvey pink, very natural looking, just enough shine without being glossy, and it lasts. It's a lovely colour, perhaps Smashbox's best if you are looking for a lipstick to wear to work or school, something that doesn't scream "look at my lipstick!"

So, I like it. I really do. But then I learned that Smashbox TESTS ON ANIMALS. Why is that even necessary? Animals don't wear lipstick! And the tests that are conducted are gruesome beyond belief. So now I can't wear this lippie without feeling that I am betraying my own beliefs in kindness towards animals. So I will keep it in a drawer at work while I wear my collection of cruelty-free lipsticks. Such a shame about Smashbox.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have these in two shades, Vivid Violet and Pout, one of which I hate, the other I looove. Pout is more of an electric, cool toned iced baby pink, and I really don't have many good things to say about it. First of all, I always go for pinks because I find them really reliable, I think this is the only shade of pink to have ever let me down. Its not true to colour, in the tube it looks as though its going to be a nice baby pink but once I put it on my lips it looks like a horrid salmon pink that's too sheer and looks quite tacky and sticky. It wears really badly, it lasts about an hour on the lips if that. Would not buy this one again.
On the flipside, Vivid Violet restored my faith in Smashbox lipsticks. Its a gorgeous Mulberry purple shade as opposed to a violet for me, as its quite deep although it does flash an iridescent light violet when you catch it in the right light. Very vampy, very beautiful, and I have really been into purple lately, purple lips, eyes, blushes, I just love it. Not really summer appropriate, but I like to defy the conventions. Again, this is another shade that I like to pair with MAC's Magenta lip liner, my favourite liner of all time. It wears so much better than pout, it lasts a good four hours plus.
Overall, I think the Be Legendary line is a little hit and miss for me. I won't write it off just yet, as I haven't really bought too many of them, but I definitely wouldn't be in a hurry to repurchase Pout. Vivid Violet is worth the money though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE. I picked up Fig on a friend's recommendation (we are both Dark Autumns). The color is unreal, a deep warm plum. I tried it on in Sephora and immediately found myself at the checkout, where the sales associate asked me before I left if that's what I had on, because it looked great. When I got to my car and opened the box, I was even more thrilled. The packaging is modern and adorable, a matte black rectangular tube with the Smashbox logo.

The more I use this product, the more I love it. It's moisturizing, reasonably long-wearing, and the color is just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought this lipstick in fushia flash and although it's a pretty color, it's way too loud for me. Nice matte formula and finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by spira9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color Fig. I have light olive skin with green eyes and wanted something rich but not overpowering. As soon as I put this on at Sephora and looked in the mirror, my initial response was YES. I really don't care about packaging, so I have no comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I have it in Nylon Nude and this is what I hoped Nars Honolulu Honey would be. It's creamy but not shiny but not matte (I hope that makes sense). It is a little thick but I'm assuming that's what gives such a great color payoff. Its the perfect nude for my C6/NC42 skin and has pink undertones.

I don't like the square packaging tho, its the only con.