Smashbox Be Legendary (All Shades)

4.4

on 4/10/2015 8:12:00 AM

I've been using the shade Primrose for a while now and it's exactly the shade I look for in a lipstick. The formula is very creamy and long lasting and pigmented. I will continue to use for as long as Smashbox continue to make it. This shade looks great on those with a yellow undertone. Definitely recommend.

Electric Pink Matte is hands down my go to lip color!!! I cannot tell you how many compliments I get while wearing this color. Highly recommend. Long wear. I also wear Infrared Matte with the Crimson always sharp lip liner on those days and nights I want a sexy red lip.

on 2/26/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the darkest of the purples I own. It went on really well. I love the Be legendary range, they are long lasting yet creamy.

I totally would recommend this lippy and color (Vivid Violet),

on 2/22/2015 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been looking for a nude lipstick for ages and ended up purchasing 'Latte Matte' which is a nude matte finish lipstick. My absolute favourite lipstick of all time, lasts all day and I can't stop wearing it. I get so many compliments when I have it on, fantastic lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I purchased a Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick in the shade Chestnut, upon reading the review of another reviewer. She said she had purchased Chestnut but that the color did not suit her skin tone, and that it might work better for a person with warm gold or red undertones. She was right! (I'm going to find that reviewer and thank her).

Chestnut looks beautiful on my skin. It's that wonderful brown color that somehow pulls a hint of auburn-red. It's a gorgeous color, and it could very well become my everyday shade. You could pair it with an auburn red lipliner and it would look absolutely stunning.

The application is beautiful. It's very creamy, but is also long lasting. Over a chapstick, with about two swipes, the color really becomes quite intense. I really like the packaging too-it's very similar to Laura Mercier.

The other thing I love about this line is that it's very affordable. Each lipstick is $20, which is a steal compared to other lipsticks at Sephora that run up to $26 or even $30.

I will have to go back and find more colors that I like, and also check out more Smashbox cosmetics. The Be Legendary lipsticks do not dissapoint!

on 1/2/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I own this in Vivid Violet and Mandarin, vivid violet is a berry purple on me, and mandarin an orange-leaning red.

Both have a very shiny gloss finish, but aren't sticky, a nice creamy formula. They are very pigmented (especially mandarin) and go on perfect in one or two swipes. They do need lip liner or a good primer to stop them bleeding, but as most lipsticks do I won't hold that against them.

The smell vaguely pleasant and taste a bit waxy, but not bad.

I find these quite light to wear, and very easy to wear for work everyday, I can definitely feel it's there but it isn't heavy or annoying.

Will probably buy more colours in future.

on 12/16/2014 8:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the color Chestnut which is like a dark brown with reddish/pinky undertones. Very bold but looks rocking on the right skin tone. The lipstick is very creamy and has a somewhat glossy finish to it (I always finish it off with some tissue and powder). For a color this dark, I HAVE to wear a lip liner with it otherwise it bleeds into my foundation and looks really messy. I also apply it with a brush for extra measure so it looks perfect. But again, this is because of the super bold color I have. I find that it lasts decently long but doesn't hold up very well once you start eating or drinking. So while the color is absolutely killer (and the other colors I tried at the store were wonderful too), I don't think it's worth $20.

on 9/25/2014 5:14:00 PM

Just went to have a makeover done at the Smashbox counter. I have used some of their products before, and really liked them. But this time I tried their Be Legendary lip laquer in Off-Duty. Wow, is really all I can say. If you only knew how many lipsticks I have tried AND BOUGHT OVER THE YEARS!! Just sayin, probably over a ton. Anyway this color is killer, it is the perfect shade I have been looking for for years. I really could have cried, and it wears rather well too. I think I have died,and gone to makeup heaven. The color brightens ,but doesn't scream old women trying to look young. Just enough color to light up my whole face a little bit. Just had to tell you about winning the lipstick lottery,first time in 69 years.

on 8/30/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

On of my favourite lipsticks. I bought the shade Sunset Junction and I must buy some more! I don't totally love the colour on me but this is my longest lasting lipstick, it's creamy but doesn't transfer like some others. It lasted through a meal without needed to be reapplied which is more than I can say for my other lipsticks.

on 8/30/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a great lipstick!! I made a point recently to expand my lipstick collection, I only have a few reds and bright pinks, and that's it. So, I thought about trying out Smashbox's line and was glad I did! I got two: Posy Pink and Legendary. I'll start with the pink: I love it! It's super long wearing and such a nice colour that's not in your face. It doesn't clash with eye makeup, and many of my blushes look really great with it. I put it on at 8am this morning, it's now 2:30 and the colour is still there and it's creamy and didnt bleed out. Lasted through morning and afternoon coffee too, pretty impressive! Now the Legendary: It's a super awesome red that also isn't too loud, it's subtle yet bold which is sometimes hard to find in reds. I actually find this formula to be more of a thicker tinted lip balm or gloss, as opposed to the classic definition of "lipstick" (not a complaint!). Formula is not drying, and like I said, lasts really long!

Popular Lipsticks