July 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Be Legendary (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the lipstick in Pretty Social. So beautiful rosy pink color with creamy finish. I love that it lasts long enough and feels moisturizing. I find it very similar to Bobbi Brown's Bikini Pink and Mac's Overtime (except these lasts much longer).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick very much and yet I gave it 2 lippies. What gives? Well, the lipstick itself is lovely, it is a mauvey pink, very natural looking, just enough shine without being glossy, and it lasts. It's a lovely colour, perhaps Smashbox's best if you are looking for a lipstick to wear to work or school, something that doesn't scream "look at my lipstick!"

So, I like it. I really do. But then I learned that Smashbox TESTS ON ANIMALS. Why is that even necessary? Animals don't wear lipstick! And the tests that are conducted are gruesome beyond belief. So now I can't wear this lippie without feeling that I am betraying my own beliefs in kindness towards animals. So I will keep it in a drawer at work while I wear my collection of cruelty-free lipsticks. Such a shame about Smashbox.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have these in two shades, Vivid Violet and Pout, one of which I hate, the other I looove. Pout is more of an electric, cool toned iced baby pink, and I really don't have many good things to say about it. First of all, I always go for pinks because I find them really reliable, I think this is the only shade of pink to have ever let me down. Its not true to colour, in the tube it looks as though its going to be a nice baby pink but once I put it on my lips it looks like a horrid salmon pink that's too sheer and looks quite tacky and sticky. It wears really badly, it lasts about an hour on the lips if that. Would not buy this one again.
On the flipside, Vivid Violet restored my faith in Smashbox lipsticks. Its a gorgeous Mulberry purple shade as opposed to a violet for me, as its quite deep although it does flash an iridescent light violet when you catch it in the right light. Very vampy, very beautiful, and I have really been into purple lately, purple lips, eyes, blushes, I just love it. Not really summer appropriate, but I like to defy the conventions. Again, this is another shade that I like to pair with MAC's Magenta lip liner, my favourite liner of all time. It wears so much better than pout, it lasts a good four hours plus.
Overall, I think the Be Legendary line is a little hit and miss for me. I won't write it off just yet, as I haven't really bought too many of them, but I definitely wouldn't be in a hurry to repurchase Pout. Vivid Violet is worth the money though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE. I picked up Fig on a friend's recommendation (we are both Dark Autumns). The color is unreal, a deep warm plum. I tried it on in Sephora and immediately found myself at the checkout, where the sales associate asked me before I left if that's what I had on, because it looked great. When I got to my car and opened the box, I was even more thrilled. The packaging is modern and adorable, a matte black rectangular tube with the Smashbox logo.

The more I use this product, the more I love it. It's moisturizing, reasonably long-wearing, and the color is just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought this lipstick in fushia flash and although it's a pretty color, it's way too loud for me. Nice matte formula and finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by spira9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color Fig. I have light olive skin with green eyes and wanted something rich but not overpowering. As soon as I put this on at Sephora and looked in the mirror, my initial response was YES. I really don't care about packaging, so I have no comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I have it in Nylon Nude and this is what I hoped Nars Honolulu Honey would be. It's creamy but not shiny but not matte (I hope that makes sense). It is a little thick but I'm assuming that's what gives such a great color payoff. Its the perfect nude for my C6/NC42 skin and has pink undertones.

I don't like the square packaging tho, its the only con.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nc40. I have this in Honey, waiting on chai in the mail. I'm always looking for flattering nude lipsticks on my tan skintone. Most are too pale or too cool toned. Honey is a warm mid-tone nude. A nice mix of peach, pink, and beige. Gives enough color that it doesn't make my lips disappear into my skintone or make it look dull. I would compare the color to mac mineralize in posh tone. Posh tone is lighter though and more beige. Both look good on nc40. The formula of the smaskbox is thicker than the mineralize l/s. Has a slightly tacky creamy feeling, which stays on great and keeps my lips looking moist. While I love the mac l/s, I prefer this one since it stays on better. Scent is a very very light vanilla, almost undetectable, which is a plus in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bubblesandvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

latte matte... I'm a tan/olive skin tone.. love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Tasneemn

I got this lipstick in nylon nude, melondrama and latte matte. It's absolutely my fav lipstick.